Clover doesn't boot to OSX installer... keeps loading into itself please read :(

ahn.2001

31 posts in this topic

Didn't work. What is causing this problem?

I've included a picture since I've tried so many boot flags with no success :(

I think it is a kernel panic driver issue since it says "unable to find driver for this platform ACPI and at the end IOPlatformExpert.CPP:1665

OMG it persists even if I use acpi=off

I guess we need to find and install the driver it can't find lol

• 4 months later...

Hi, I hope I'm not posting in the wrong place, and I hope this isn't an issue. I'm a real noob. I seem to be having the same issue with no resolution. I have an Acer aspire 5742 (a crappy old laptop) and I try to reach the installer but it fails midway and reboots. I used clover legacy and I haven't changed any of my BIOS settings since it is very limited (default Acer BIOS). I have tried booting with all the parameters listed (-x -v etc) and still no luck...  Looking around I think it might be the lack of kexts or maybe even an unpatched kernel... I really don't know what I'm doing. If you don't reply to this I understand, but thanks HEAPS if you do!