Gigabyte Z170M-D3H USB 3.0 10.11.4

5 posts in this topic

Calling all Forum Heroes here because I am seeing very little on this topic.

Moreover a lot of old stuff does not help as newer iterations of our beloved OS make a lot of things redundant, eg. port limit patch & whether it should be left as is and so on.

Most importantly support for this specific board.

For myself I have just added the USB port limit override patch to clover and got the system working but it is not okay I think.

So any one with experience on this please guide and I will try to pitch in with any help I can.

Thank you.

Attaching Screenshots of my Z170 6700K under build, with just the port limit patch applied in clover plist under kext patches. The Keyboard is connected to the USB 2.0 port on the motherboard back panel. System information USB part shows the grabs. Is this okay? Suggestions and ideas anyone?

Also you will see that USB 3.0 drive Kingston micro-duo is at SuperSpeed,

post-144165-0-90977600-1461780601_thumb.png

post-144165-0-00054100-1461780619_thumb.png

Ok, this is what I've done:

1. Download latest USBinjectall from Rehabman and copy the kext in efi\kext\10.11 AND efi/kext/10.10!!! In my case if USBinjectall was in efi/kext\other it didn't work.

2. Add this to Config.plist:

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>
<string>change 15 port limit to 30 in AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
g72M/v//EA==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
g72M/v//Hw==
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Skylake APIC fix, discovered by Pike R. Alpha</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
wegQD7bw
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleAPIC</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
vhcAAACQ
</data>
</dict>

And the miracle is happen with my Mobo  :)

Whoa! What miracle brother?

I have no injectors yet and all I've done is the 15 port limit extended to 21 and USB 3.0 works at 3.0 speeds. Keyboard (Apple Aluminium wired one) presents itself to the system as a "keyboard hub" & I wouldn't mind it strutting its stuff as long as it is in the right places, which unfortunately appears not to be. It is connected to one of the 2 USB 2 ports on the rear panel as you see in the screenshot shown above.

Thank you for pointing out the strange 10.11 and other folder behaviour anomalies. Really appreciate it when people share strange quirks. These really help. 

:thumbsup_anim:

But I believe USBInjectall is for injecting all ports which is not really ideal. Might work for now & the first route I will take. People have talked of board-specific injectors which I am hoping to arrive at if some bright kind soul steps in here and helps me make.

Thanks again.