Clover Lenovo ThinkCentre

chris1111

109 posts in this topic

Working fine on my m93, i7 4790

After that I have to install IntelMausiEthernet for the NIC:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304235-intelmausiethernetkext-for-intel-onboard-lan/

and download VoodooHDA 2.8.8 from the Internet for the audio.

• Dual Monitor via DisplayPort OK
  • Boot from VGA will hang
  • I have to plugged in the installer USB to boot, otherwise will hang in "FakeSMCKeyStore"
  • USB 3.0 at the back can be used for installation, all in the front cannot.
  • Like 1

Working fine on my m93, i7 4790

After that I have to install IntelMausiEthernet for the NIC:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304235-intelmausiethernetkext-for-intel-onboard-lan/

and download VoodooHDA 2.8.8 from the Internet for the audio.

• Dual Monitor via DisplayPort OK
  • Boot from VGA will hang
  • I have to plugged in the installer USB to boot, otherwise will hang in "FakeSMCKeyStore"
  • USB 3.0 at the back can be used for installation, all in the front cannot.

Great news Thanks for sharing  :wink_anim:

You're welcome mon vieu. I have another one coming in the mail this week and I will try and see if I still get the audio issue. This one had the i5 2400 like yours also.

Ok here Audio ALC 662  :D Working perfect ; No noise resolution nothing  :thumbsup_anim:

Just perfect ALC High Definition Audio  :w00t:  :lol:

Used layout 12 Clover 

Remove VoodooHDA

Install kext with kexwizzard 

Terminal

sudo touch "${3}/System/Library/Extensions/"

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

sudo kextcache -system-caches

Reboot

Credit and Thanks mirone!

kext will be ad in my next release Installer :wink_anim:

audio10.png

• Like 2

OK thanks a lot Chris I will get on it this weekend. I have 2 more Thinkcentre M91P's that I haven't even touched yet with i5 2400. I'm going to use installer version 2 On them. Oh and FYI, I got me an M91p from eBay last week and it came in the mail today. I initially purchased because I wanted to Swap it out with the motherboard of Lenovo Ideacentre K330B. To my surprise, after the swap and turned it on to bios, I see that it's the M81 and not the M91p. So I tried the installer anyways, it looked like it wanted to go all the way to the installation screen but it kept giving me the nanosecond kernel panic. I tried one last time in safe mode, and that one worked. I'm now installing with 7 mins left. I'm almost positive that I'll be facing the same issues after installation. The cpu I'm using is the Intel celeron G630 which came from the k330b ideacentre. I'll keep you posted, and if all works, that'll be helpful to others with the M81 models as well. Wish me luck mon frère ....

• Like 1

OK so it turns out that I could only boot in safe mode and therefore I can't do post installation in order to get network to work. I'm going to count some Zzzzzzzz now because I can't think well when I'm sleepy and tired.

I just did a fresh installation on my i5 2500 again Chris, could you please clarify the terminal commands for me again for the AppleHDA.kext?  I don't understand the first line sudo touch "${3}/System/Library/Extensions/"

• Like 1

I just did a fresh installation on my i5 2500 again Chris, could you please clarify the terminal commands for me again for the AppleHDA.kext?  I don't understand the first line sudo touch "${3}/System/Library/Extensions/"

the touch command returns immediately, rather than when the cache is done rebuilding

The both same
sudo touch "${3}/System/Library/Extensions/"
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

The first one is for integrate in the Postinstall script
  • Like 2

I've made progress with the M81 Chris, all i had to do was to change the smbios to MacPro3,1 and no more kernel panics.  The network seems to be the same as for the M91/M91P.  I haven't gotten the audio sorted out yet, along with ssdt, DSDT for the intel pentium G630.  I tried to use the ssdtPRgen but gave me an error.  Also, my hard drive is shown as the Orange icon like external and not internal. 

pentium G630 SSdtGen not working for that CPU :i THINK?

Fix Yelow icons Clover 

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>External icons patch</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>RXh0ZXJuYWw=</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>SW50ZXJuYWw=</data>
			</dict>
		</array>
	</dict>

Ok, i figured that much that's why i'm getting error.  I just tested sleep/wake and they work flawlessly.  I went ahead and tried the AppleHDA.kext from above and repaired cache/permissions and it doesn't seem to be working.   Where in config.plist do i add those lines in order to fix the yellow icon?

Ok, i figured that much that's why i'm getting error.  I just tested sleep/wake and they work flawlessly.  I went ahead and tried the AppleHDA.kext from above and repaired cache/permissions and it doesn't seem to be working.   Where in config.plist do i add those lines in order to fix the yellow icon?

For the ApplaHDA did you set layout 12 on config.plist

No, i didn't do that not even on the M91P when i did last night and after 3 reboots, audio worked.  Let me see what's going on here. 

Open this config with textedit and see;

you have the fix for Yellow icons and the layout 12 Audio

Finally got it to work finally. I did a fresh install again and then update to 10.11.4 and made repaired caches and permissions for about 3 times. Finally, repaired caches and permissions through kextwizard did the trick. Thus is finally a successful instalation. Thanks Chris for your installer for the 755 /760/780 Optiplex series. That's what I used since it was already confugured with the Mac Pro 3,1 smbios. Now I'm not sure if the G630 cpu I was using could've been the issue also that it wouldn't work without safe mode. I'm glad I made that discovery and that'll for sure save a lot of time from hair pulling and headaches. ++Kudos Chris.

• Like 1