NVME will boot, but not with Thunderbolt card installed. Ideas?

kobe80

11 posts in this topic

Hi guys, 

crazy problem. so, i can boot from NVME. but not if Thunderbolt card is plugged in. screen just goes black when apple logo would normally show up, then desktop. it just stops. 

I can boot from normal SSD, and be able to mount the NVME (non-booting), and use Thunderbolt, but i want to be able to boot from the NVME and use Thunderbolt. I've tried putting the Thunderbolt card in different slots, and that hasn't been helping so far. 

Might there be any Clover flags perhaps, that could fix this? or any other solution? Donation for working solution! 

my config:

5960X

X99-A

Yosemite
Clover

ThunderboltEX II
Samsung 950 Pro NVME SSD

Hi Kobe 80
I see your Thunderbolt works
Can you put your file DawinDumper
Thank

it is likely that the operation of the M2 comes default sharing the same bandwidth as the Thunderbolt on the Motherboard

look in the manual and
on what PCI is set your Thunderbolt

Hi Kobe 80

I see your Thunderbolt works

Can you put your file DawinDumper

Thank

it is likely that the operation of the M2 comes default sharing the same bandwidth as the Thunderbolt on the Motherboard

look in the manual and

on what PCI is set your Thunderbolt

Hello my friend! yes it works, but i don't think it's PCI-E... i now have it sort of working, but without USB!

I was able to get a KP screen and it was showing USB kext issues. so in BIOS i changed Intel xHCI Mode to Disabled.. and it booted from NVME! and had thunderbolt! but, now, no USB... which is terrible bc obviously my mouse and keyboard and so many other things are USB. i can control it via Remote Desktop, but i need to get USB working with it now.. 

KP screen attached.. 

i'm thinking maybe new USB kexts might help?

yes

I just started on Yosemite

In your 2nd Pic, I dont think Yose has AppleUSBXHCIPCI. It can only be found in El Capitan.

you shouldnt have posted the 2nd pic as it is not matching the 1st pic.

Edited by ellaosx

you are right the patch (AppleUSBXHCIPCI) is only useful for El Capitan
I just tested the config.plist without patch

the patch did not influence Yosemite
it is necessary for me, as I also use El Capitan

post-1181448-0-85203400-1461141070_thumb.png

Edited by Fljagd
  • Like 1