Instant reboot when trying to attach photo to Facebook post

Jedis

30 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a strange issue. When I try to attach a photo to a Facebook post, after selecting the file, the computer locks up and then does an instant reboot.

I've tried Chrome and Safari and they both exhibit the same behavior.

How would I go about tracking this issue down? I'm not sure where to find a log of what caused it to reboot. I looked in the Console app and clicked on the system.log file, but not sure what to look for to diagnose.

I tried moving the file out of my Dropbox folder with several thousand photos, onto my desktop, but it still exhibits the same behavior.

I played some graphics intense games last night for several hours and they worked flawlessly.

It seems odd that selecting a jpeg in the file chooser on a Facebook post would cause the entire computer to hard lock and then reboot.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Strange...

How you created your Hackintosh, what tools you use?

Did you checked your power management?

Hi,

I created my OSX 10.11.3 installer using the shell script that's floating around here. I have a Skylake 6700-K cpu and installed Vanilla OS X. I am using SMBIOS 17,1 for Skylake support along with Nvidia Web drivers for Geforce 960 support.

Everything works great. This is the only issue I've run into. Power management appears to be working stock, I have the Intel PM monitoring tool running.

I've updated to 10.11.4 and aside from having to update the graphics driver, everything is great.

Your IOReg file are corrupted. And has 14.6 MB ??  :wacko:

See here how extract it: http://www.rampagedev.com/?page_id=77&page=3

For change your S/N just open the config.plist (with Clover Configurator or other .plist editor) and go to Serial Number section and change it...

That's the guide I followed to extract it. Try the new link I sent via PM. I am able to open it with the newest IORegistryExplorer from Apple's site.

Yeap, corrupted again...no is not, just a joke  :P

Your Power Management, are very good, if you want send your config.plist, post here.

You use DSDT or SSDT too? If yes, post here.

Yeap, corrupted again...no is not, just a joke  :P

Your Power Management, are very good, if you want send your config.plist, post here.

You use DSDT or SSDT too? If yes, post here.

config.plist:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9cykgofc194bpei/config-edit.plist?dl=0

SSDT:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/klxwvioc31susgj/SSDT-i7-6700K.aml?dl=0

I don't remember putting a DSDT, but I see several files in Clover\ACPI\origin:

DSDT-or.aml

DSDT-pa0.aml

DSDT-pa1.aml

DSDT-pa2.aml

DSDT-pa3.aml

DSDT-pa4.aml

Do you need those, too?

An update. Figured out another scenario where it locks up and reboots. When I receive a photo in the Messages app, I can see the preview. If I click on the photo to view it larger, it does the same thing as attaching a photo in a Facebook post. Whatever those two things are invoking, are what is causing the issue...

The odd thing is, I can open a JPG on my computer in the Photos app and it opens fine.

I see in your config.plist that you use "ig-platform-id" value for Intel HD, but you use Nvidia. Why you use this?

I put it in as a fallback option in case the Nvidia card stops working for whatever reason, OS X will know how to use the on-board video.

Nice!

Test this config.plist:attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip

I made a little clean some areas, and remove the AICPMpatch, 'cause in your build you use XNU kernel.

It's just a test.

You use NullCPUPM in S/L/E or Clover's folder?

Thanks. I will try it out and let you know. Is the XNU kernel better? Not sure what the difference is between that and the other options?

Here are the kexts that I am using:

/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext  FakeSMC.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext  IntelMausiEthernet.kext
FakePCIID.kext   USBInjectAll.kext
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext realtekALC.kext

I can't find anything wrong in your boot-log

Do a test by renaming the SSDT-i7-6700K.aml for SSDT.aml

I'll try find more subjects about that, but let's leave this topic opened, maybe someone have more ideas, or can see if i failed in some area.

I can't find anything wrong in your boot-log

Do a test by renaming the SSDT-i7-6700K.aml for SSDT.aml

I'll try find more subjects about that, but let's leave this topic opened, maybe someone have more ideas, or can see if i failed in some area.

I will get this tonight for you. Is there a separate log where kernel panics / reboots are stored? Since the system boots fine, I would expect the reason for the reboot to be somewhere other than the boot.log file?

Thanks for your diligence thus far!