[Guide][Deprecated] Installing OS X 10.11.4-10.12.3 on Surface Book

cydia2020

192 posts in this topic

First post here: thanks for keeping this project alive throughout this time. I just bought a Surface Book 2, and I’m wondering if the steps here are going to work.

With regards to your High Sierra installation, how did you get this to work? Did you also go through the conversion to the new APFS format?

Thanks!

First post here: thanks for keeping this project alive throughout this time. I just bought a Surface Book 2, and I’m wondering if the steps here are going to work.

With regards to your High Sierra installation, how did you get this to work? Did you also go through the conversion to the new APFS format?

Thanks!

Hey, there, I don't know whether it's gonna work or not, but if it works, it's probably gonna work better since it's a newer CPU platform. The HD graphics has been updated and the problem on Skylake like black screen when booted shouldn't come back on newer CPUs. Do use IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup and Lilu.

Thanks!

No you can still use HFS+, if the system still boots to a black screen on the internal display, you might be out of luck, the only way you can get the thing work if there's no display is through a HDMI cable which I don't think you are gonna like.

Thanks for your reply. I’ve just tried booting from a High Sierra USB installer – however it gets stuck at the following error and keeps looping here.

Any ideas what’s causing this?

20171205_034528327_iOS.jpg?psid=1

Hey I cannot see the pic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dear folks,

I followed the step by step guide carefully, however i still can't get the surface book boot to the usb.

Maybe I miss the step or whatever.

since i am using 10.12. i started from below

• Download Clover from Clover Official Download Page
  • Install Clover by choosing "Install UEFI Version only, install to EFI partition, Install Themes, Driver64UEFI(unselect CsmVideoDxe-64)
  • After installing, you should see a Partition called EFI mounted, and it's your thumb drive
  • (Copy the EFI folder from Installing OS X to the EFI Partition) only do this if it didn't do atomically
  • Downloadzip.gif  SurfaceDriver.zip   1.22MB   640 downloads and follow the instruction in the ReadMe.txt to paste the files into your CLOVER folder

then after that continue to this :

++++++++++Notice for 10.12 USB Creation++++++++++

The pervious way of making the 10.11 drive won't work anymore in 10.12, instead, after downloading the 10.12 install app, you'll need to follow the following steps

1. Show hidden files by executing this commanddefaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
  2. Navigate to /Application/Install macOS Sierra/Contents/SharedSupport and mount InstallESD.dmg

3. ​Open "Disk Utility", restore the USB drive with Basesystem.dmg (hidden) in the mounted DMG file.

4. Copy /Packages in the mounted DMG file to the restored USB's /System/Installation. Delete the old link before proceeding to the copy.

5. ​Copy basesystem.dmg and basesystem.chunklist to the root directory of your USB drive

=================

even if i reverse the step, the usb still can not boot.

Please help what step i missed??? 

TIA

Dear folks,

I followed the step by step guide carefully, however i still can't get the surface book boot to the usb.

Maybe I miss the step or whatever.

since i am using 10.12. i started from below

• Download Clover from Clover Official Download Page
  • Install Clover by choosing "Install UEFI Version only, install to EFI partition, Install Themes, Driver64UEFI(unselect CsmVideoDxe-64)
  • After installing, you should see a Partition called EFI mounted, and it's your thumb drive
  • (Copy the EFI folder from Installing OS X to the EFI Partition) only do this if it didn't do atomically
  • Downloadzip.gif SurfaceDriver.zip 1.22MB 640 downloads and follow the instruction in the ReadMe.txt to paste the files into your CLOVER folder
then after that continue to this :

++++++++++Notice for 10.12 USB Creation++++++++++

The pervious way of making the 10.11 drive won't work anymore in 10.12, instead, after downloading the 10.12 install app, you'll need to follow the following steps

• Show hidden files by executing this commanddefaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
  • Navigate to /Application/Install macOS Sierra/Contents/SharedSupport and mount InstallESD.dmg

• ​Open "Disk Utility", restore the USB drive with Basesystem.dmg (hidden) in the mounted DMG file.

• Copy /Packages in the mounted DMG file to the restored USB's /System/Installation. Delete the old link before proceeding to the copy.

• ​Copy basesystem.dmg and basesystem.chunklist to the root directory of your USB drive

=================

even if i reverse the step, the usb still can not boot.

Please help what step i missed???

TIA

Hey

Try http://diskmakerx.com

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Changelog
For now on, you can download the standalone update file here
Please remove the original file before processing
...(Don't remember)
Tuesday, 2016-08-16, Add new nvme driver
10.12.plist.zip
10.11.plist.zip

Sunday, 2016-08-21 0:04am AEST, Add brightness
DSDT.zip

Sunday, 2016-08-21 10.18pm AEST, Let DSDT recognize the keyboard battery by the original tablet battery
DSDT_BAT.zip

Thursday, 2016-08-25 10.11am AEST, Fixed the problem of no sound after sleep
confirmed useless sorry for the data you cost lol
CodecCommander.kext.zip 

Sunday, 2016-08-28 7.53pm, combine 10.11 and 10.12 config into 1 and add support for 10.12 
10.12.zip
10.11.plist.zip
10.12.plist.zip
DSDT.zip
DSDT_BAT.zip
CodecCommander.kext.zip

All surfacebook links are invalid, i need the File of OS X10.11, could u upload again or send a email to me, my email addrres: steven_198012@hotmail.com
Thank you so much

• 3 months later...

First of all, thank you for posting.

Repeated several times and thoroughly checked thoroughly.

However, I am currently continuing to panic the kernel.

All the results from 10.12 to 10.12.3 are the same.

At first I stopped at the + sign, which is different from the posting,

and if I remove some UEFI drivers, it will proceed.

I am not exactly the same as the i7 CPU model, but it is completely identical(even HD520),

I can not escape the kernel panic anyway.

I want to see OSX installation screen!

* Usually it attaches the EFI folder or config.plist file,

but it does not make sense in this case. It is exactly the same as the posting.

What is the problem?

20190129_025911.jpg

Edited by jd800

On 1/27/2019 at 10:19 PM, jd800 said:

I am not exactly the same as the i7 CPU model, but it is completely identical(even HD520),

What is the problem?

20190129_025911.jpg

On 1/27/2019 at 10:19 PM, jd800 said:

What is the problem?

20190129_025911.jpg

hi jd800

i have a surface book i5 6300u and followed the guide step by step to install sierra but i get stuck to the ++++++ line

would you please share with me your clover folder

thank you in advance

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 10/14/2019 at 7:30 PM, BA啊 said:

我成功的在 macOS Mojave 10.14.6上使用了两块电池, 感谢!

I successfully used two batteries on MacOS Mojave 10.14.6. Thank you!

This is my article.

http://bbs.pcbeta.com/viewthread-1829459-1-1.html

github

https://github.com/BAByte/SurfaceBook-Hackintosh

Thanks, I'll take a look at it

感謝,我有空看看