173 replies to this topic

cydia2020

cydia2020

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

G'day guys,
I recently bought a Surface Book i5 256GB with dGPU, and I found that there's no tutorial about Hackintosh since it's released, so i am here to be the first (maybe) to try this out

******謝絕轉載謝謝配合******

​******Please do not repost, thanks******

******転載禁止です。ご協力をお願いします。*******

Holy cr*p guys I cannot get 10.13 graphics to work :( with mine little to none knowledge about framebuffer and a whole morning working with this thing, formatted the drive twice, tried all things like minStolen, lilu, and tried different inject IDs, but I cannot get the GUI to load, the driver loads properly from what I can see from the verbose log, then it stucked...

Any help will be appericated.

video is up at

***If you were on 10.12 PB, please apply a 10.12.1 PB combo update to avoid any data loss due to the update reinstall, but it depends on you.***

​We are running into a little bit of problems during the 10.12 install process since the process has changed some. It will say that cannot unmount Volume for repair. There's a more complicated way to install 10.12 but is still installable. please follow the steps for 10.12

You can now download the standalone update file from post #2

The NVMe problem has been SOLVED, and Installing 10.12 also has no problems if you follow the steps, the only thing is still...dGPU, although we are not using foreign DSDT anymore, the dGPU still won't recorginze, which seems to be controlled by a GPIO pin, got any ideas?

There's a reason that I use everything manually, because I want you guys to actually learn something from installing Hackintosh, not just copying my work which is useless for you to learn something new
Disclaimer: I don’t have responsibility for any data loss or hardware bricking.
Please note: please forgive me if you’ve found any grammar mistake in the passage since I am not an native English speaker, I am currently in Australia for my High School.
What works
Keyboard & Trackpad (No Gestures)(Buggy, when you hold a key, pointer won't move),
SD card reader,
USB 3.0 ports,
Sound
PCIe SSD
Intel HD 520 Graphics works perfect on 10.11.4
DP Video output now works(don't close the lid, it lead to big problems)(after closing the lead with external monitor, when plug in the external monitor, it no longer recognize the internal display, you must unplug the monitor and reboot)
Long press power key brings up the power menu
Brightness
Lid

What won’t work or not sure
NVidia dGPU
Touch Screen (Alex's driver won't work since it's now on HID Camplg ports, which is not open source)
Wireless (Wi-Fi & Bluetooth)
Volume rocker

WIP
Battery Status

What Works for 10.12
Everything for 10.11 :-)

Bugs For 10.12
Graphics has a little bit of problem with the framebuffer which very small and not happening very often

Graphics will not work on 10.12.4 as reported, please notice
First Step: Installing a Virtual Machine
You will need a VM for the USB Making process, so please install a VM or you can use a real Mac to do this, the installing process is not very hard to do, but do need some times for downloading and other staff. And sorry i dont know a place that it got English version site to download a CDR file. but it would take days for me to upload so I think maybe...... Cause we know the Australian NBN coverage

• Download VMWare Workstation Pro 12.0 Trial Version
  • Download VMWare Unlocker
  • Download Python Runtime
  • Modify Unlocker Bat file -- In the unlocker installer, there's a win-install.bat file that you can open by CMD, but don't open yet, we need to modify a path in the file, open the file using your favorite text editor, find unlocker.exe in the file, change it to unlocker.py
  • Follow the instruction of unlocker readme file
  • Go to a Apple Store, get a Install App from their computer and convert the BaseSytem.dmg to CDR, or you can just skip those steps to the making USB step
  • Use the converted CDR as install media in VMware
  • Installing OS X as normal

Second Step: Prepare to install
You need an actual Mac to make the install USB or on a VM, both are fine, I won’t say more about installing a VM on your devices, you can Google that.

• You need to download the 10.11.x installing App from this link
  • For macOS please go to this link to get the preview version
  • You need to open Disk Utility. Select the USB Drive and format it as Mac OS X Extended (Journaled), Named whatever you want, as long as you can remember that. Now, open the terminal, input the following text, this will cost you around 4 mins on a USB 3.0 device and 30 mins on a USB 2.0 device
  • For 10.11
    sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/PARTITION NAME --applicationpath "/Applicatons/Install OS X El Capitan.app" --nointeraction
  • For 10.12, the pervious method won't work on 10.12 anymore, you will get the USB that is not booting, use the guide below
  • Download Clover from Clover Official Download Page
  • Install Clover by choosing "Install UEFI Version only, install to EFI partition, Install Themes, Driver64UEFI(unselect CsmVideoDxe-64)
  • After installing, you should see a Partition called EFI mounted, and it's your thumb drive
  • (Copy the EFI folder from Installing OS X to the EFI Partition) only do this if it didn't do atomically
  • DownloadAttached File  SurfaceDriver.zip   1.22MB   593 downloads and follow the instruction in the ReadMe.txt to paste the files into your CLOVER folder

++++++++++Notice for 10.12 USB Creation++++++++++

The pervious way of making the 10.11 drive won't work anymore in 10.12, instead, after download the 10.12 install app, you need to follow the following steps

1. Show hidden files by executing this command
    defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES

2. Navigate to /Application/Install macOS Sierra/Contents/SharedSupport and mount InstallESD.dmg

3. ​Open "Disk Utility", restore the USB drive with Basesystem.dmg (hidden) in the mounted DMG file.

4. Copy /Packages in the mounted DMG file to the restored USB's /System/Installation. Delete the old link before proceeding to the copy.

5. ​Copy basesystem.dmg and basesystem.chunklist to the root directory of your USB drive

Third Step: Installing OS X 10.11

Now, we can start to installing os x, you should plug in the external keyboard, mouse, and your install USB, when you finish the booting process, you should see the welcome page, choose the language you like and processed the installing
Go to Windows First, partition your drive for at least 50 GB if you want to keep using, because as I tried before, remapping disk after installing macOS or OS X is extremely HARD, don't try that unless necessary, you're gonna lose something
Choose Disk Utility, choose your installing partition and tap format, format as OS X Extended (Journaled), then, exit Disk Utility and processes the installation process, you might need to process the same thing twice to get the full install, so if you didn't saw your OS X drive, please choose install again. The continue installation will automatically starts.)

Or: Installing macOS 10.12

Please change ig-platform-id to 12345678 before installing the framebuffer kext.
​Things getting a little bit tricky when you're trying to installing 10.12 on Surface Book. since there's still a little bit problems with the NVMe driver, so you will get a error message says: unable to unmount volume for repair
​I am not sure if the error spreads largely, but, I experienced it every time I install the 10.12
​The temporary work ground is that to use a external USB hard drive or a SD card, I don't prefer a USB thumb drive unless it's superfast.

• ​Installing 10.12 as normal to the external hard drive
  • ​apply all the combo updates to the external hard drive system
  • Use the recovery environment comes with the Installer (not the hard drive)
  • ​Open Disk Utilities and restore the whole USB hard drive to the macOS install drive
  • You can apply combo or delta updates as normal, but do not apply big updates that requires a standalone app download, backup and reinstall instead

The Final Process: Making your experience better

(don't apply keyboard patch if you are on 10.12.1 and higher)
For 10.12, please install the kext in 10.12 "install" folder located in the driver pack
Make the keyboard works

1. Navigate to InstallHD/System/Library/Extension
  2. Copy the IOUSBFamily Kext to your desktop or wherever you like
  3. Right click on it and choose show package content, go to /Contents/PlugIns
  4. Right click on IOUSBHIDDriver and choose show package content, go to /Contents
  5. Open Info.plist using software like: PlistEditor Pro, and xCode
  6. Navigate to IOKitPersonalities
  7. Copy Generic Keyboard and right click on IOKitPersonalities
  8. Select "Paste as a child"
  9. Expand Generic Keyboard 2
  10. change the value of bInterfaceProtocol to 0
  11. change the value of bInterfaceSubclass to 3
  12. change USBCompatibilityMatch to YES (doesn't have this on 10.11)
  13. save the file and open Kext Utilities
  14. Drag and Drop the kext in to it, enter password and after it finished reboot, then you should have a working keyboard

Install Clover to SSD

To install clover to ssd, you need the CLOVER PKG installer and remeber to update as a new version releases, it might contains bug fixes.

1. Install clover as normal, install to your HACKINTOSH INSTALL DRIVE
  2. Use UEFI Boot Version, Install theme, and Driver, unselect CsmVideoDxe
  3. PUT THE SURFACE BOOT DRIVER INTO THE DIRECTORY
  4. Use BOOTICE x64 Version under windows, mount EFI under windows, Select UEFI tab, add a new boot entry navigate to EFI:\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi, name it clover bootloader (or whatever you like).
  5. Go to Surface UEFI, unselect Windows Boot Manager under Boot tab, select and drag CLOVER to the first position of the UEFI boot sequence,

NOTICE: DO NOT DELETE "INTERNAL" in UEFI system, or your Surface WILL NOT BOOT

By the way, according to the feedback, there has been problems with the AppleHDA patch, please install AppleHDA298.kext to S/L/E directly using your kext installer instead of placing it under /CLOVER/kexts, also, please use sRGB as color profile to avoid any grahpics glitch in 10.11.

You'll need a Wi-Fi dongle to get online or you can use USB Sharing on Android and iOS, dont know about Ubuntu Touch, Windows Phone and Blackberry

and a Bluetooth dongle to get a working Bluetooth

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks to
LonelyTV
MeuPRodrigo
maj1es2tic
Pike

and all of you

cydia2020

cydia2020

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Changelog

For now on, you can download the standalone update file here

Please remove the original file before processing

...(Don't remember)

Tuesday, 2016-08-16, Add new nvme driver

Attached File  10.12.plist.zip   2.58KB   150 downloads
Attached File  10.11.plist.zip   4.18KB   65 downloads

Sunday, 2016-08-21 0:04am AEST, Add brightness

Attached File  DSDT.zip   25.08KB   141 downloads

Sunday, 2016-08-21 10.18pm AEST, Let DSDT recognize the keyboard battery by the original tablet battery
Attached File  DSDT_BAT.zip   25.53KB   191 downloads

Thursday, 2016-08-25 10.11am AEST, Fixed the problem of no sound after sleep

confirmed useless sorry for the data you cost lol

Attached File  CodecCommander.kext.zip   28KB   90 downloads 

Sunday, 2016-08-28 7.53pm, combine 10.11 and 10.12 config into 1 and add support for 10.12

Attached File  10.12.zip   794.07KB   234 downloads

Attached Files

cydia2020

cydia2020

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Also, welcome to the gitter chat room to report a problem https://gitter.im/cy...Book_Hackintosh

blankmac

blankmac

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

So what solved the NVMe issue for you?

cydia2020

cydia2020

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

So what solved the NVMe issue for you?

There's a EFI Driver in the Clover ISO verison, i copied it to my clover folder, i don't know why it didn't install when i first installing clover :D

blankmac

blankmac

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

There's a EFI Driver in the Clover ISO verison, i copied it to my clover folder, i don't know why it didn't install when i first installing clover :D

I'm glad that worked for you!  Unfortunately, that doesn't solve the problem for the SP4, but thanks for the info.

cydia2020

cydia2020

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

I'm glad that worked for you!  Unfortunately, that doesn't solve the problem for the SP4, but thanks for the info.

My friend got an SP4 but his also works pretty well. You need to copy the NvmExpressDxe-64.efi to Drivers64UEFI then install the kext from http://www.macvidcar...me-driver1.html

cydia2020

cydia2020

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Oh, i know, you need this dsdt patch, it's from another SP4 Guide

blankmac

blankmac

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Oh, i know, you need this dsdt patch, it's from another SP4 Guide

DSDT can be very specific to a particular machine, can you link the guide so I can see what patch was applied?  Thanks!

ahmednoori94

ahmednoori94

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

what exact kext or efi driver that makes internal card reader works ?????

cydia2020

cydia2020

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

DSDT can be very specific to a particular machine, can you link the guide so I can see what patch was applied? Thanks!

Here's the post.http://www.insanelym...-surface-pro-4/

what exact kext or efi driver that makes internal card reader works ?????

I don't think that there's a driver make it works since it's on USB

ahmednoori94

ahmednoori94

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I don't think that there's a driver make OT works since it's on USB

mine is connected on internal usb3 too and it is realtek Chip how about yours i think it is realtek too

photo_2016_04_20_09_41_00.jpg

cydia2020

cydia2020

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

mine is connected on internal usb3 too and it is realtek Chip how about yours i think it is realtek too

I dunno yet, I am gonna check that, I am working on NVidia driver now

No, it shows Microsoft Corp, so I got a Microsoft Corp one, not realtek

ccarrieta

ccarrieta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

i have a surface book and will give it a try, are you dual booting ? 

cydia2020

cydia2020

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

i have a surface book and will give it a try, are you dual booting ? 

Yeah, i am dual booting without problems, but NVMe driver seems have some probabilities, sometimes work but sometimes don't please don't break it, if you break it, it breaks forever 

ccarrieta

ccarrieta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

thanks for the information.. couple of questions.  How would you break the NVME driver also I assume the touchscreen not working ? 

cydia2020

cydia2020

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

thanks for the information.. couple of questions.  How would you break the NVME driver also I assume the touchscreen not working ? 

The NVMe driver... I don't know exactly how, i detached and recadached then, when i reboot, it breaks. :( so, it might be the problem of detach in OS X\

​Because TPM, after disabling TPM, mine works again :lol: 

ccarrieta

ccarrieta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Thanks, il lgive it a try later today.. With your instructions at some point can you partition the drive to give space for Mac to double boot ? I have done hakintosh before but I have not dualbooted.. hope you can help with this.  I have the core i7 varaint of surfacebook, how good is performance ?

cydia2020

cydia2020

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Thanks, il lgive it a try later today.. With your instructions at some point can you partition the drive to give space for Mac to double boot ? I have done hakintosh before but I have not dualbooted.. hope you can help with this. I have the core i7 varaint of surfacebook, how good is performance ?

I have 60G for Mac, and the rest is for Windows, the performance is pretty well, I'm going to patch the dsdt today see if it works.

leoelzein

leoelzein

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thanks in part to this guide, I am now triple booting Windows / OS X / Ubuntu. I'm posting from OS X now.

Some comments:

- To repartition my drive I used Paragon Partition Manager 14 Free Edition

- I used EasyUEFI instead of BOOTICE

- Graphics artifacts mainly in the top menu bar after a few restarts, solved it by changing the color profile to the sRGB-IEC61966-2.1

- Annoyance: After installing VoodooHDA, headphone jack is seen as a microphone jack. Plug earphones in they become essentially microphones.

- Had an old 2008 pre-unibody macbook pro that I'm not using, a combination of Mac cloning and Rehabman's nullethernet.kext fixed my app store, iMessage. I can now take calls, send texts from my Surface Book (using my iPhone of course).... etc

- Annoyance: screen goes to sleep if I don't use it after a while. Changing power settings does not solve this. Thankfully though it has no issues waking up if I touch a key.

Would appreciate if people kept this thread alive by posting their experiences too. I will update if I come across any fixes for some of the issues remaining.

All in all, it is in a very usable state. I am happy with it. Thanks to this guide and the magic of triple boot, my Surface Book is now a lean mean software development machine. B)  (Computer Science student here)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Surface Book, 10.11.4, Hackintosh, Surface Book Hackintosh, Install Guide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy