El Capitan - Sierra - High Sierra - Sony Vaio E Series (2012) - SVE1712W1EB - AMD Radeon HD 7650M

Onestyle

71 posts in this topic

@Nonta97, as u requested :)

Clover configuration-Graphics : 

set Dual Link : 0 , FB Name : Pondweed , Vram : 1,024 , Video Ports : 3 , Check Load Vbios ,Inject Edid , Inject ATI .
3. Clover configuration- Kernel and Kext Patches : 
Name : AMD6000Controller

use AMDFramebufferUtilty to get best result.

And @Onestyle y is ur Fake ID : ATI : 0x67411002 instead of 0x68411002

1002_6841.rom.zip

• Like 1

@Nonta97, as u requested :)

Clover configuration-Graphics : 

set Dual Link : 0 , FB Name : Pondweed , Vram : 1,024 , Video Ports : 3 , Check Load Vbios ,Inject Edid , Inject ATI .

3. Clover configuration- Kernel and Kext Patches : 

Name : AMD6000Controller

use AMDFramebufferUtilty to get best result.

And @Onestyle y is ur Fake ID : ATI : 0x67411002 instead of 0x68411002

Thanks

Can you upload your entire CLOVER folder (remove themes to reduce the size)?

I have already tried this many times, same results: Black screen.

And it is Nonta72 by the way, hahahahahhhh

Make sure u have ur own EDID :)

DualLinke = 1 if ur intel HD 4000 is working, else 0(it make difference, gives black screen)

N also post ur details/procedures, so that one can help u :)

Thank you!!!

I now have Full QE/CI using your files.

For the details, you can find them on my signature (same config as you, except mine ends with FW instead of NB which is just regional difference I guess).

Now I will fix the remaining bugs and will install 10.12 on another partition. Together we can try to figure out why the graphics won't work on 10.12.

Thank you!!!

For the details, you can find them on my signature (same config as you, except mine ends with FW instead of NB which is just regional difference I guess).

Now I will fix the remaining bugs and will install 10.12 on another partition. Together we can try to figure out why the graphics won't work on 10.12.

Graphics works on 10.12

Graphics works on 10.12

That's good news!

Have you got the graphics to work on 10.11 without the framebuffer patch?

Because I think I have been doing the whole thing very wrong. I just found out that Cattail and Fanwort (probably Kudzu and Lotus too) work without the patch. I just checked InjectEDID, LoadVBIOS, InjectATI and disabled your AMD6000Controller patch. After reboot, I have now QE/CI. LVDS is what matters to me right now, VGA and HDMI can wait.

Thank you!!!

Sharing is Caring :)

OnsStyle did a gr8 Job by creating this Thread with a gr8 Details :)

Sharing is Caring :)

OnsStyle did a gr8 Job by creating this Thread with a gr8 Details :)

Yeah, indeed!

I'm still struggling to get brightness slider working. I used the patch provided by the OP, the brightness slider appeared but won't change the brightness (brightness keys won't change it either).

Do you mind sharing your DSDT patches?

If I use your patched DSDT, I get it working fine. But I'd like to know how you did it for future uses.

Yeah, indeed!

I'm still struggling to get brightness slider working. I used the patch provided by the OP, the brightness slider appeared but won't change the brightness (brightness keys won't change it either).

If I use your patched DSDT, I get it working fine. But I'd like to know how you did it for future uses.

Ive used this DSDT Patches,

1.Audio (layout-id 3)

2.IRQ Fix

3.TNOT Fix

4.Brightness Fix

5.7Series/8Series USB

In MacIasl app, add RehabMan's repo(DSDT Patches).

Yeah, indeed!

Brightness slider shows but doesn't do anything,that's strange cause it works for me. Have you did this part in dsdt

2a. Find in your dsdt: 

Device (LID0)

{

Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0D")) // _HID: Hardware ID

2b. replace

with

Name (_HID, EisaId ("LCD1234")) // _HID: Hardware ID

Ive used this DSDT Patches,

1.Audio (layout-id 3)

2.IRQ Fix

3.TNOT Fix

4.Brightness Fix

5.7Series/8Series USB

In MacIasl app, add RehabMan's repo(DSDT Patches).

Alright, I will apply these patches and see.

Brightness slider shows but doesn't do anything,that's strange cause it works for me. Have you did this part in dsdt

2a. Find in your dsdt: 

Device (LID0)

{

2b. replace

with

Name (_HID, EisaId ("LCD1234")) // _HID: Hardware ID

Yeah, I did that part. Apparently, siddRamesh did not do that part. I tried both cases i.e changing the EisaId and not changing it. All ended up with the same results.

I noticed something strange. I checked siddRamesh's patched DSDT and the PNLF device isn't under a scope. It's just on the very end of the DSDT.

But whenever I patch mine, it goes under a new _SB scope. Can that be the problem?

This is the end of his patched DSDT:

Name (_S5, Package (0x04)  // _S5_: S5 System State
    {
        0x07, 
        Zero, 
        Zero, 
        Zero
    })
    Device (PNLF)
    {
        Name (_ADR, Zero)  // _ADR: Address
        Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))  // _HID: Hardware ID
        Name (_CID, "backlight")  // _CID: Compatible ID
        Name (_UID, 0x0A)  // _UID: Unique ID
        Name (_STA, 0x0B)  // _STA: Status
    }
}

I also checked RehabMan's patches and the brightness patch that you provided, none of them seem to contain the comments that are actually in his DSDT i.e // _ADR: Address for example.

Alright, I will apply these patches and see.

Yeah, I did that part. Apparently, siddRamesh did not do that part. I tried both cases i.e changing the EisaId and not changing it. All ended up with the same results.

I noticed something strange. I checked siddRamesh's patched DSDT and the PNLF device isn't under a scope. It's just on the very end of the DSDT.

But whenever I patch mine, it goes under a new _SB scope. Can that be the problem?

This is the end of his patched DSDT:

Name (_S5, Package (0x04)  // _S5_: S5 System State
    {
        0x07, 
        Zero, 
        Zero, 
        Zero
    })
    Device (PNLF)
    {
        Name (_ADR, Zero)  // _ADR: Address
        Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))  // _HID: Hardware ID
        Name (_CID, "backlight")  // _CID: Compatible ID
        Name (_UID, 0x0A)  // _UID: Unique ID
        Name (_STA, 0x0B)  // _STA: Status
    }
}
I also checked RehabMan's patches and the brightness patch that you provided, none of them seem to contain the comments that are actually in his DSDT i.e // _ADR: Address for example.

Quick question,is the brightness changing in system preferences?? If it is,update to the latest voodoo PS2

Quick question,is the brightness changing in system preferences?? If it is,update to the latest voodoo PS2

I have the latest PS2 driver. And no, brightness doesn't change in system preferences or with the Fn keys (Fn+F5 and Fn+F6)

I have the latest PS2 driver. And no, brightness doesn't change in system preferences or with the Fn keys (Fn+F5 and Fn+F6)

Okay,PNLF issue then,put your whole clover folder here,without themes,and I'll check it out later on when I have time.

Okay,PNLF issue then,put your whole clover folder here,without themes,and I'll check it out later on when I have time.

I figured it out. There seemed to be a conflict between the SSDTs. I had SSDT (generated by PikerA's script), SSDT-1, SSDT-2 and SSDT-3 in patched folder. I also had "DropOEM" set to true in my config.plist.

Removing the SSDT-3 from patched folder seems to have fixed the problem.

• 2 months later...

Hey plz update to 10.13(OS X High Sierra) !

Not until it's out officially , so probably in about 20 days or so, It's my work station so can't have it to be buggy. First I'll test it out on my second drive, and when I'm done, it's going on my main drive and then I'll update the first post. 

Not until it's out officially , so probably in about 20 days or so, It's my work station so can't have it to be buggy. First I'll test it out on my second drive, and when I'm done, it's going on my main drive and then I'll update the first post. 

Sure Bro :)

waiting for ur 10.13 Detail update........

• 2 weeks later...

hey can u post how did u make your sound work? i have sve14a15fg model e series..

also when i tried your step to make my radeon 7670M work but no luck. is it because my radeon gpu is dedicated gpu? how can i know if my radeon card is integrated or not? because now i'm using intel hd 3000 and it works with 300mb memory only :( . can you help me please? i should get like up to 1gb with my ati radeon gpu.....

• 1 month later...

Hey plz update to 10.13(OS X High Sierra) !

Updated to High Sierra, so far fixing up a few things,but I've managed to get sleep working, everything else works like in Sierra and El capitan. GPU works fully ;) .After I'm done with the fixes I'll update the first post. No ETA, don't have much time to spend on my laptop.

EDIT

GPU ends up with colouring artefacts, it can probably be fixed by additionally patching the framebuffer, but at the moment I'm too lazy to get it done so went with an easy solution ( disableMonitor app). Everything else works. Soon there will be an updated tutorial on first post.  ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 7/3/2018 at 12:32 AM, mark3p said:

Did anyone get high sierra working fully with this laptop? I can’t get hardware acceleration working and the LVDS looks like an Acid trip!

On 11/3/2017 at 2:38 PM, SiddRamesh said:

Bro how did manage to get HIGH!

i did fresh install, no QE/CI :(

Can i have ur clover files 

N ur profile shows u r using 10.11.4(i also find it stable), r u using 10.13 as daily driver!

Using high Sierra since it came out basically and it's stable as early versions were. To get hardware acceleration all you need to do is just follow the steps I wrote in the first post. Also I've managed to get Atheros 9485 working, both wifi and bluetooth( bluetooth works natively I'm guessing) with ATH9KFixup.kext and  AirPortAtheros40.kext both in S/L/E.  Wifi works perfect, but bluetooth for some reason even though it's on, isn't able to detect anything. I'm still trying to fix that. If you two still can't get hw acceleration working, pm me with your clover folder and I'll check what's up and try to fix it when I find time.  

Edited by Onestyle

• 1 month later...