Some HD530 Graphics and USB3 problems 10.11.04

martisti

17 posts in this topic

Hi,

I didn't manage to resolve this since december 2015, so I decided to post here...

I have problem getting Intel HD530 to work. If I use InjectIntel I have no QE/CI, but letters are "retina" very crystal like when I use my Macbook Retina and connect it via HDMI to my 4k Monitor. ( first attachment )

If I don't use InjectIntel I have QE/CI but letters are non retina and very blurry. ( second attachment )

The other problem is:

USB2 ports are disabled. USB3 ports work, but they recognise only USB2 devices and don't recognise any usb3 devices like external SSD or USB3 flashdrive.

I'll upload 2 config.plist which I'm testing and the results are the same with booth.

I don't have DSDT file. Should I? How can I make it?

Please help me to solve this... I've tried everything I found on internet, but still no results. I'm using iMac 17,1 Smbios

Specs:

Intel core i7-6700, Gigabyte Z170 HD3P, 16Gb - DDR 4 Adata, Graphics - Intel HD 530, 4k Monitor

post-323489-0-77344700-1460898138_thumb.png

post-323489-0-59111000-1460898153_thumb.png

post-323489-0-55919600-1460898171_thumb.png

post-323489-0-65153900-1460898189_thumb.png

config.plist.zip

config.plist.zip

Already tried it, but as Pikeralpha said on his blog "you should not inject the AAPL,platform-id property with a value of 0x19120000 because then it will not enable QE/CI. That is why I use 0x1912003, but you can change this value to anything but 0x1912000." tried this too...no result

Yes. QE\CI works that way. But again blurry letters. Now how am I supposed to make them retina again with QE/CI? I connect my 4k Monitor with HDMI. I think that way the monitor isn't recognised as 4k - see attachment. I'll restart and attach when is retina  :)

OK this is when no QE/CI but retina display (right attachment)

post-323489-0-07622300-1460900728_thumb.png

post-323489-0-88447000-1460901247_thumb.png

Yes. QE\CI works that way. But again blurry letters. Now how am I supposed to make them retina again with QE/CI? I connect my 4k Monitor with HDMI. I think that way the monitor isn't recognised as 4k - see attachment. I'll restart and attach when is retina  :)

OK this is when no QE/CI but retina display (right attachment)

Try setting the desired resolution with QuickRes or other similar HiDPI enabler programs.

quickres-mac-app-9to5toys-giveaway-1.png

Thanks for your help. With this kind of HiDPI enablers i have only 960x540...I found a guide to add custom HiDPI resolutions but without luck. May be I'm doing it wrong (the guide). I think that my monitor is not properly recognised...

Thanks for your help. With this kind of HiDPI enablers i have only 960x540...I found a guide to add custom HiDPI resolutions but without luck. May be I'm doing it wrong (the guide). I think that my monitor is not properly recognised...

I know, it's a pain to add custom resolutions by hand. Could you at least try SwitchResX to do that?

@martisti

Your motherboard is quite similar to mine,  Z170M-D3H and I've initiated a post on resolving USB issues on this board. You seemed to have done it. Could you be so kind as to post screen grabs as I have of the USB section system configuration of your machine? Also can you PM me the where you saw the link? I would appreciate if you could post the grabs here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/311983-gigabyte-z170m-d3h-usb-30-10114/

Thank you.

Ok, this is what I've done:

1. Download latest USBinjectall from Rehabman and copy the kext in efi\kext\10.11 AND efi/kext/10.10!!! In my case if USBinjectall was in efi/kext\other it didn't work.

2. Add this to Config.plist:

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>
<string>change 15 port limit to 30 in AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
g72M/v//EA==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
g72M/v//Hw==
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Skylake APIC fix, discovered by Pike R. Alpha</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
wegQD7bw
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleAPIC</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
vhcAAACQ
</data>
</dict>

And the miracle is happen with my Mobo :)