How do I install MacOs x 10.11.4 El Capitan on a Quo Computer?

Brettgh

5 posts in this topic

Google can show you the "world". :D You could use it to get an answer to your question.

Here's a link google displayed on the first page:

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/built-a-hackintosh-pro-using-a-quo-computer-z77mx-quo-aos-easier-than-expected.1731628/

Tip: By experimenting you'll learn.

Best regards.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

How I installed Os x 10.11.6 El Capitan on a Quo motherboard...

I never found a good guide so hopefully this will help someone.

Yosemite was working fine with the Ozmosis bootloader and i thought i might be able to do a vanilla upgrade but no, I had a hell of time getting it to work.

1) It basically didn't work with the Ozmosis bios but it also didn't work with the stock bios and the Clover bootloader either. In the end I used the Ozmosis bios and Clover. Use the latest Ozmosis bios (H20.167X-MASS). Download from here:  http://www.share-online.biz/dl/6HVYEVZNUUU

2) I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] (the El Cap compatible one) to make a El Capitan bootable USB (I got El Capitan from the Purchased tab in the App store).

3). I removed my video card (GTX970) and took out the nvda_drv=1 boot arg, switched the BIOS to the IGEP (internal graphics) and enabled the internal graphics with 32MB. You might have to use nv_disable=1 -F to make sure no Nvidia drivers load.

3) I used the USB to install El Capitan and could then use the USB to boot to El Capitan. It would boot fine through to the system drive but my system drive would never boot on it's own.

4) Clover installation is not well explained anywhere I could find it. In the Clover bootloader screen you must go to 'Clover Boot Options' and then 'Add Clover boot options for all entries' 

5) Now restart and in the BIOS you should see all these EFI partitions that can be booted from. Chose the one that corresponds to your system drive as the 1st option. Now it should boot to the Clover screen. This would get me to the apple login screen most of the time (not always) but it would be frozen.

6) I discovered from El Cap 10.11.4 it's started doing something that messes with the ram and it conflicts with one of the drivers as explained here:

https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackintosh-osxaptiofixdrv-allocaterelocblock-error-update/

so I switched the AptioFixDrv with the one of his. It might also work to switch AptioFixDrv2 with the other one.  To do this you need to mount your EFI partition. EFI mounter v3 didn't work for me and neither did Clover Configurator but EFI Mounter v2 did!

7) I ended up copying the EFI partition from the USB drive (with the new OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi file) over the system drive one because it always booted better. I the end I didn't need any boot args other than the default dart=0 and then nvda_drv=1 before I put my video card back in. You can put boot args within the config.plist file in the CLOVER folder on the EFI or you can put them in nvram with these commands:

• for example run this from terminal: sudo nvram boot-args="nvda_drv=1 -v"
    • to check nvram: nvram -p
    • to delete boot args: nvram -d boot-args
    • to clear all nvram: nvram -c

I haven't tried it yet but I've heard to use use 'imac 14,2' with 900 series GTX cards

Anyway it works and that's all I know.