DSDT patching - a DSDT patching noob needs advice

mrjayviper

5 posts in this topic

Hello!

I'm currently using an AMD hackintosh and I never had to patch my DSDT to get audio/USB and other stuff to work.

But I'm getting an Intel setup pretty soon so I want to try clover this time and it seems a lot of problems/issues can be fix via a DSDT patch.

basically, I don't want to install the motherboard into the case while testing. so It'll be just on top of the box and using spare devices (HDDs/mouse/keyboard) to get it going. It will be using my main video card though since I can easily remove/install that.

since I would be patching DSDT while testing, I want to reuse the patched DSDT once I install the board into the case.

My question is: Can I reuse the patched DSDT I will create while testing? Or do I need to get a clean DSDT again once the board is in the case and start again?

thanks for the help! :)

Hi,

So your mainboard and cpu will be replaced?

When loading Clover, pres F4, this will extract all your ACPI tables to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/ORIGINAL.

I do not recommend booting from the old DSDT, but if it works... From there you can patch the new DSDT and replace it eventually.

• Like 2

I believe the OP was asking if he can re-use his (new) board's patched DSDT -patched during testing the board out of the case- once he's finished testing and placed the board inside the case. The answer is evidently Yes. One could actually wonder why such a question was asked in the 1st place... It's not as if something would differ with the board in-between.

I assume that the OP is not asking about re-using the DSDT of his existing motherboard onto his a new and obviously different board. Clearly the answer would be No!

Thanks for the reply.

But since I'm not familiar with DSDT or DSDT patching, I am not sure if a DSDT created with my spare HDD/spare keyboard/etc will be different from a DSDT using my SSD/main keyobard/mouse and etc. using the same board/RAM/video card/CPU in both cases.  :)