Stuck at boot (Root device uuid is...)

cs.oyen

33 posts in this topic

Right, since you asked about your CPU support, I did a search around and in the forum, there is the below, have a good read before doing

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307240-1095-pentium-celeron-atom-kernel/

and you would need to apply that patch to your USB Installer.

Hope it will fix the problem. Good luck trying.

Hi!

I can boot now and enter at installer.

I format the disk and when installing the process stop and I get this OS X install error:

"OS X could not be installed on your computer. An error occurred while extracting files from the package Essentials.pkg"

Any way to bypass?

hey. good progress !! now that you can boot into the installer, it would be the next step of installing, not booting anymore. so:

how did you format your disk?

you gotta use the correct option and follow a good guide. try search in the forum for a good guide and follow it. if you can find any I can do a search for you.

• Like 1

hey. good progress !! now that you can boot into the installer, it would be the next step of installing, not booting anymore. so:

how did you format your disk?

you gotta use the correct option and follow a good guide. try search in the forum for a good guide and follow it. if you can find any I can do a search for you.

Hey,

I have a main question that I can't understand.

When I use Vanilla and need a custom kernel where I need tu put that kernel?

To boot into a specific kernel I think that is "/kernelx" but where Is the place in clover to put that kernel?

Can someone help me on that?

Cheers.

you have not read the full thread that I gave, right?

Look at post #10 http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307240-1095-pentium-celeron-atom-kernel/?do=findComment&comment=2219136

In case you are getting lazy again :D

:whistle: These are replacement kernels that add support for those CPUs listed above! You therefore replace the vanilla kernel (file "mach_kernel" at HDD's root for Mavericks, "kernel" in /S/L/Kernels for Yosemite) by the version(s) posted above. Failing that, you'll never even boot your OS X USB installer.

Granted that, given the thread title, Spakk would have been better inspired posting his Yosemite kernel in its own separate thread.

• Like 1