MaciASL inserting Patches

b101

2 posts in this topic

hi folks,

in a lot of Guides and Tutorials that I've seen, I've read instructions like "insert this patch inside your DSDT" or "insert this patch inside your SSDT"
and almost everytime MaciASL is used for these "patches".

Now, I've followed a Guide on how to dump my origin SSDTs and DSDT via Clover F4. I've also read how to get *.dsl Files out of my *.aml by running the iasl command inside my terminal and disassamble the files. So far, so good.

The problematic part starts here :D  - All these tutorials say to insert these patches via MaciASL but there are a couple of problems related to that

1. Sometimes people refer to the DSDT, sometimes to the SSDT. So far I have only seen one DSDT inside my /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin/ Folder
BUT I have 15! SSDT Files... So how do I know which one to choose? I think one time I read something like ".. patch the SSDT File containing your Graphics Card... " (or something like that) - how do I know what piece of hardware I located in which file? Is there a known structure, is it random, do I just have to open every SSDT.dsl and start looking for something specific?

2. Now this is what really freaks me out :D :D Even If I know which file I have to "patch" - I just can't ! For exampe I open my DSDT.dsl, press Patch, to left side some sources from RehabMan that I've added come down and I can select some patches, If I try to paste a patch code - that somebody send me - inside the little window where the code goes I just cant press apply? 

what am I doing wrong? How do I apply a patch to my DSDT ? It could also be that I'm using the wrong DSDT file but so far I've only seen one ...
In almost every tutorial I've read I would have to disassamble something in order to patch it or change something, but I just cant seem to find the correct file or apply these patches. 

Another example would be something I've read inside a patch, it says:

"Use Layout 3 in the Patch HDEF your DSDT."

I dont have this HDEF file, is it even a file, do I have to downloaded it, where if so? Inside my DSDT I cant seem to find anything, and I can't apply the patch with MaciASL...

It is a great thing that a lot of guys on this forum help out and accept files from other users in order to fix them, but I would really like to do as much as possible on my own, since I don't want to wait for a handout and do nothing :/ 

I would appreciate it if someone could clearify some of the above mentioned

best regards

• 2 months later...

hi folks,

in a lot of Guides and Tutorials that I've seen, I've read instructions like "insert this patch inside your DSDT" or "insert this patch inside your SSDT"

Now, I've followed a Guide on how to dump my origin SSDTs and DSDT via Clover F4. I've also read how to get *.dsl Files out of my *.aml by running the iasl command inside my terminal and disassamble the files. So far, so good.

The problematic part starts here :D - All these tutorials say to insert these patches via MaciASL but there are a couple of problems related to that

1. Sometimes people refer to the DSDT, sometimes to the SSDT. So far I have only seen one DSDT inside my /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin/ Folder

BUT I have 15! SSDT Files... So how do I know which one to choose? I think one time I read something like ".. patch the SSDT File containing your Graphics Card... " (or something like that) - how do I know what piece of hardware I located in which file? Is there a known structure, is it random, do I just have to open every SSDT.dsl and start looking for something specific?

2. Now this is what really freaks me out :D :D Even If I know which file I have to "patch" - I just can't ! For exampe I open my DSDT.dsl, press Patch, to left side some sources from RehabMan that I've added come down and I can select some patches, If I try to paste a patch code - that somebody send me - inside the little window where the code goes I just cant press apply?

what am I doing wrong? How do I apply a patch to my DSDT ? It could also be that I'm using the wrong DSDT file but so far I've only seen one ...

In almost every tutorial I've read I would have to disassamble something in order to patch it or change something, but I just cant seem to find the correct file or apply these patches.

I dont have this HDEF file, is it even a file, do I have to downloaded it, where if so? Inside my DSDT I cant seem to find anything, and I can't apply the patch with MaciASL...

It is a great thing that a lot of guys on this forum help out and accept files from other users in order to fix them, but I would really like to do as much as possible on my own, since I don't want to wait for a handout and do nothing :/

best regards

1. Open each SSDT file. In the left tree, you can see the list of devices defined under that SSDT.

2. Not being able to press Apply means that you will have zero changes after applying the patch (like, the patch ain't changing nothing, so why bother and let you apply it?)

3. Select the HDEF patch. In the little Patch window, you'll see something related to "layout-id". Change the numbers to 0x03.

4.HDEF is not a file, but a patch in RehabMan's (and others') repo. It CREATES the HDEF (Device) code (actually adds it). You probably won't already have that code in your DSDT.

hi folks,

The problematic part starts here :D - All these tutorials say to insert these patches via MaciASL but there are a couple of problems related to that

2. Now this is what really freaks me out :D :D Even If I know which file I have to "patch" - I just can't ! For exampe I open my DSDT.dsl, press Patch, to left side some sources from RehabMan that I've added come down and I can select some patches, If I try to paste a patch code - that somebody send me - inside the little window where the code goes I just cant press apply?

best regards

1. Open each SSDT file. In the left tree, you can see the list of devices defined under that SSDT.

2. Not being able to press Apply means that you will have zero changes after applying the patch (like, the patch ain't changing nothing, so why bother and let you apply it?)

3. Select the HDEF patch. In the little Patch window, you'll see something related to "layout-id". Change the numbers to 0x03.

4.HDEF is not a file, but a patch in RehabMan's (and others') repo. It CREATES the HDEF (Device) code (actually adds it). You probably won't already have that code in your DSDT.