[GUIDE] How To Install El Capitan On Asus Z170M-Plus With Clover Using Pentium G4500

Frank Nitty

58 posts in this topic

A full uninstall and re-install of the nvidia drivers and everything is fine again.

Another question: Is sleep and wake working fully for you?  I saw sleep/wake working normally after install, but then had a power outage last night and now it's not waking correctly (black screen).  I'm not sure I tested it too much before so maybe it's a larger problem than just the power outage.

Thank you!

BB

A full uninstall and re-install of the nvidia drivers and everything is fine again.

Another question: Is sleep and wake working fully for you?  I saw sleep/wake working normally after install, but then had a power outage last night and now it's not waking correctly (black screen).  I'm not sure I tested it too much before so maybe it's a larger problem than just the power outage.

Thank you!

BB

Unfortunately, no... I have been able to get it to sleep, but upon wake up it's a black screen and system is running... I plan on fixing it eventually, however I have other issues occurring on my Mac since I decided to overclock it via BCLK... I get reboots whenever I turn it on, maybe 2 or 3 before OS X finally decides to load which I think it may have to do w/ power management. I'm a/b to update the post to include the working version for the ethernet kext and different Fake CPU ID to use (optional). 

Edited by Frank Nitty
  • Like 1

Cool, good to know.  I've had intermittent luck with sleep still.  Sometimes it's working perfectly and sometimes it sleeps fine but won't wake.  I am running the IntelMausiEthernet-V2.1.0d5 which is working great but the nvidia drivers continue to be touchy.  Any adjustment to clover's config.plist and things won't boot or sleep right again...still working on debugging this but I will post more if I find anything else concrete on the sleep situation.

BB

Cool, good to know.  I've had intermittent luck with sleep still.  Sometimes it's working perfectly and sometimes it sleeps fine but won't wake.  I am running the IntelMausiEthernet-V2.1.0d5 which is working great but the nvidia drivers continue to be touchy.  Any adjustment to clover's config.plist and things won't boot or sleep right again...still working on debugging this but I will post more if I find anything else concrete on the sleep situation.

BB

Unfortunately fixing sleep hasn't been a focus of mine lately... Between life, competing in sports tourneys, finishing my binge-watching of Breaking Bad, finishing Assassin's Creed 2 (I know I'm late to the party), and working on 2 other hackintoshes w/ multiple boot partitions (including Windows) - I have to take each step one at a time. If u find anything helpful feel free to post it on the thread.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have Asus z170-E , core i5 6600, GeForce GTC 750i  2GB, 16GB memory. I couldn't get pass the CPU Panic without Safe mode. however, when I boot with safemode I can not install driver and no internet connection. 

any help ?

Keep in mind you're using a completely different processor but a slightly similar board compared to what I'm supporting in this thread. Currently I'm at work but once I get time to sit down in front of a working Mac/Hackintosh, I'll examine your EFI Folder/config.plist before I recommend workarounds/troubleshoot what might be causing the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my config for G4500, but different motherboard maybe.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u4svcyarccx74bn/AACt-jLfmZekYYsK5kxm6zOMa?dl=0

Hello bayard, I was able to get some time to go over your config.plist. I have provided you a log of descriptions (in the spoiler) to explain for each modification I made in the config.plist. I have tested it and it is working with my system. Feel free to download and use the final product which I have included as an attachment:

• Removed following patches; not needed if not using a DSDT:
EHC1 [to] EH01
XHC1 [to] XHCW
EHC2 [to] EH02
  • Patch "Rename HDAS to HDEF" is needed if using CloverALC: Removed
  • Not sure what this is, but deleted it because it was excess:
<key>Signature</key>
<string>BGRT</string>
  • Retained the following entry because they’re helpful for restart issues (source):
<key>ResetAddress</key>
<string>0xCF9</string>
<key>ResetValue</key>
<string>0x06</string>
  • Removed boot argument:
kext-dev-mode=1 

It was necessary for 10.10 but phased out in 10.11, replaced by SIP

• Removed boot argument:
rootless=0

It was necessary to bypass security when installing unsigned kexts in 10.11 beta, replaced by SIP

• If you’re using NVIDIA card then add boot flag: nv_drv=1
  • Borrowed this flag to add to my own personal config.plist:
<key>CustomLogo</key>
<false/>
  • I added this to yours:
<key>DefaultLoader</key>
<string>boot.efi</string>
  • It’s supposed to be: <string>PBR</string>

Not: <string>PBRsata</string>

• This relates to CPU type to be displayed in “About this Mac” for Skylake (i3)
<key>Type</key>
<string>0x0905</string>
  • Removed the following entries:
<key>FakeID</key>
<dict>
<key>NVidia</key>
<string>0x11C610DE</string>
</dict>
  • Borrowed this to add to my own personal config.plist:
<key>HighCurrent</key>
<true/>
  • Removed the following because it’s overkill. Just don’t place/install the drivers in Clover if they’re not being used:
<key>DisableDrivers</key>
<array>
<string>DataHubDxe</string>
<string>OsxLowMemFixDrv</string>
<string>PartitionDxe</string>
</array>
  • Removed the following entries because they were all overkill, unnecessary and bloating the plist:
<key>Scan</key>
<dict>
<key>Entries</key>
<true/>
<key>Linux</key>
<false/>
<key>Tool</key>
<true/>
</dict>
  • Removed the following because it’s better to allow Clover to auto-adjust resolution on it’s own:
<key>ScreenResolution</key>
<string>1920x1080</string>
  • Removed Graphics/CustomEDID/InjectEDID/LoadVBios/NvidiaSingle/PatchVBios; I would advise you to try another alternative method (e.g. NVIDIA Web drivers) to enable graphics instead of injection but use injection as a last resort.
  • The following only necessary if you’re using a Gigabyte board, set to false:
<key>AppleRTC</key>
<false/>
  • Removed the following entries you already set to false; unnecessary and bloating the plist: 
<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
<false/>
<key>Debug</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelCpu</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelHaswellE</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelLapic</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelPm</key>
<false/>
  • Removed all “KernelAndKextPatches” entries that were not necessary except for 3 entries that you would benefit from while using Skylake; The others could be interfering with boot; no need to bloat the plist.
  • Changed CsrActiveConfig=0x3 ; SIP Partially Disabled (Loads unsigned kexts)
  • Reduced the “SMBIOS” section to only include “Manufacturer”, “ProductName”, and “Trust”; All other info is deemed moot and only cosmetic in nature and from my experience Clover is capable of loading the correct specs based on the ProductName (a.k.a. System Definition).

NOTE: I would advise against using any other system definition but iMac14,2 since it is does not require any modifications for video to work. Using iMac17,1 requires that you modify AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy kext as well as add the matching patch by Pike in your plist. 

• “SystemParameters” needs only: InjectKexts=Detect and InjectSystemID=true

​THE END

config.plist_for_G4500-bayard,.zip

• 1 month later...

Hello, thank you for your magnificent contribution, I have the same motherboard but with an i5 6500 CPU and I would like to install macos SIERRA. The process is the same?. thanks for your time

The process should be moreless the same except you wouldn't need a FakeCPUID since your i5 is a supported processor for macOS... I will 'eventually' come with a guide for Sierra... There are a few things I need to add in this guide to finally make it complete such as editing the SSDT to enable HDMI audio and also implementing proper sleep, haven't had much time to get around to doing it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Frank Nitty: i have same mobo as yours but different processor (i7 6700k), everything works almost perfect but i can't get any fan icon or readings at all using hwsensors app (and of course fakesmc+plugins).

i've tried almost every combination of fakesmc and kext...

does the fan detection works on your system?

i'm on 10.11.6 atm.

post-38685-0-49776000-1475745943_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, I successfully installed macos Sierra using this method. However I installed and it does work. But I get a reboot loop where I have to do a CMOS reset, take battery out and redo all the bios settings.  Do you know why this is happening?

Sorry for the delay... That's one of the unexpected quirks I have come to find after using this motherboard. I almost thought I was the only one having this problem. I've already installed Sierra on my system but there are a couple of hiccups I want to get resolved first before I release a guide. Time has not been on my side though. Now speaking of your issue, there are 2 reasons I can think of that could be causing this issue to happen:

1) You are adding the "VolumeType" tag for the macOS volume in the config.plist.
2) If you are running a multi-boot system, you have to avoid changing the time in OS X. It can lead to a constant reboot loop. It must only be done in Windows or the BIOS.
After some testing, I think I have remedied the situation because I haven't received anymore CMOS resets since I used this solution. To resolve this, add 'HaltEnabler' in your config.plist:
<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>HaltEnabler</key>
	  <true/>

Let me know if this helped...

Frank Nitty: i have same mobo as yours but different processor (i7 6700k), everything works almost perfect but i can't get any fan icon or readings at all using hwsensors app (and of course fakesmc+plugins).

i've tried almost every combination of fakesmc and kext...

does the fan detection works on your system?

i'm on 10.11.6 atm.

Sorry for the delay... 

Below is a screenshot of my temps being shown in HWSensors with the 'Fan Detection' included:

13s0mLo.png

Be sure to check that your fans are connected to ports that says "CHA FAN#" on the motherboard as shown below: 

kQgNZM5.jpg

If that doesn't work then I don't know what else to tell you...

i have 3 fans on the motherboard, so all the fan slots (cpu, cha1 and cha2) are used,

2 fans have 3 pin (cpu/cha1), and one has 4 pins (cha2), but i can see and set speed/profile just on bios.

as i can see in your pic you have also problems with the fans... 

the pic is showing only 2 fans: one system fan is recognized but not showing any rpm.

only "working" fan is the integrated fan of the gpu, and btw has strange value on it (19rpm is sloooooooow).

i have 3 fans on the motherboard, so all the fan slots (cpu, cha1 and cha2) are used,

2 fans have 3 pin (cpu/cha1), and one has 4 pins (cha2), but i can see and set speed/profile just on bios.

as i can see in your pic you have also problems with the fans... 

the pic is showing only 2 fans: one system fan is recognized but not showing any rpm.

only "working" fan is the integrated fan of the gpu, and btw has strange value on it (19rpm is sloooooooow).

O ok, didn't pay it any mind before I posted it... HWSensors is an ok tool, but monitoring my fan speeds hasn't been much of a concern to me... As long as your BIOS doesnt indicate any alerts I wouldn't worry too much a/b it if I were u. 

I wanted to know if we can follow the tutorial to install MacOS Sierra or we must do differently? sorry for my bad english

You can follow my guide to install Sierra the same way except your system def needs to be changed to MacPro5,1, iMac14,2, etc. (anything above MacPro3,1 but released after 2010). Also use the latest version of Clover and select 'OsxAptioFix2Drv-64'. You may need to create a 10.12 'kext' folder in the EFI partition (since from my experience Clover didn't create one for me). I will eventually post a guide with all the necessary changes to successfully install Sierra.

• Like 1

O ok, didn't pay it any mind before I posted it... HWSensors is an ok tool, but monitoring my fan speeds hasn't been much of a concern to me... As long as your BIOS doesnt indicate any alerts I wouldn't worry too much a/b it if I were u. 

you should because if u can't control or read fan speed value u can't increase rpm if the cpu or gpu is getting too hot, i dunno if system can auto manage speed if needed.

as soon u use cpu/gpu for intense video editing or any other stuff u can only see temp getting higher and higher, and no way to cool it down increasing the fan(s) speed .