El Capitan installer boot Kernel panic FakeSMC

7 posts in this topic

Hi, 

I prepared the bootable installer USB following the instructions at the below page

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/426-el-capitan-mbr-patch

When it boots from USB and then it fails with error 

org.hwsensors.drivers.CPUSensors - library kext org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC not compatible with requested version 1212

Cant load kext org.hwsensors.drivers.CPUSensors - failed to resolve library dependency

​I put the El capital FakeSMC in S/L/E of the USB drive yet same issue.

Please help.

thanks

Sachin 

Hi Insa

you are probably using an old version of fakesmc which is not compatible with El Capitan , try to find the latest version you know where , if you don't know where tell me and i will upload the file for you, then don't install fakesmc plugins , only install them after you install the latest version of fakesmc, that is only if you need them or you want them but if you want the sensors plugins you also need the latest version of the plugins , they go together with fakesmc , i don't use the plugins i only have the latest fakesmc kext, what ever you do don't mix the new fakesmc with the old plugins , if you want to use the plugins you have to use the latest version that goes with the latest version of fakesmc , you can look at the version # by hitting get info and post the version # here to see if you are indeed using an old version or not

well here it is, i got you the complete new package install only fakeSMC first, then you can try the plugins later if you like, keep in mind that sometimes the plugins crash the system, that's why i don't use them, they do work for some people but i never like them anyway, "no offense" even if they work now , i don't even bother trying them again now, but that is just me, you can do what ever you decide to do , good luck sorry for my bad english. remember to delete the old plugin when you install the new fakesmc kext unless you decide to install the new plugin too , in that case the new should overwrite the old and you don't have to delete the old kext from S/L/E 

credit goes to rehabman

FakeSMC - RehabMan's Branch v6.18-313-g671f31c.1707 

FakeSMC - Plugins RehabMan's Branch v6.18-313-g671f31c.1707

FakeSMC - HWMonitor RehabMan's Branch v6.18-313-g671f31c.1707

Hi 

Thanks for providing these files. That error went away.

However this installer now quits without showing any error. 

Posting the image of the verbose boot in next post below.

thanks

Sachin

ok now i sent you the one that i use. that is the version that comes before the one i sent you first,did you remove the old plugin? did you install the new plugin? ok only install this one do not install any plugin and make sure you remove the old plugins , ok you can install using the pkg or you can install the kext using kext wizard, they are both the same file , you can install either way. let me know the results , i sent you the latest versions before but i haven't tried that version yet , so now i sent you the one that i'm using right now , so is been tested and it works , good luck.

maybe the reason why the installer quits is because you are trying to apply the MBR patch , why don't you install it in GUID mode. try with the version i sent you now and do not install the MBR patch yet , try first with GUID mode , if is successful , then try with MBR if is unsuccessful then the problem is the MBR patch maybe you are doing something wrong , if they are both successful then the problem was the fist version that i sent you. once again good luck

ok i went to the link in you first post then i saw what you wrote , i imagined that the reason why you need MBR patch is because you have windows installed in MBR, do you know that windows 10 can be install in a GUID partition and you don't need the MBR patch , you need it now because you already have windows installed in MBR, but the next time that you are going to install windows , prepare that partition in GUID mode using disk utility and select FAT32 and W10 will install just fine simply do not delete the partition in windows installer and just hit format. that will format the already created partition to NTFS and you will be able to install W10 and MULTIBOOT. do not install the plugins, also delete hardware monitor, make sure you delete those files from S/L/E and only install FAKESMC kext. the one i sent you in this message

Hi, 

I have Windows 7 on other partition which i need for some purposes.

I repeated steps of installer USB creation. Now it gets stuck with "still waiting for root device"

Perhaps I should close this post as it was opened for FakeSMC

thanks

Sachin 

try to get another hard drive if you can , i connect that drive directly to the sata port , if you don't have an extra spare hard drive make sure you have legacy bios turn on or enable in the bios, or try changing usb ports , if you have a front usb panel put it there , or vice versa if the usb is connected to the front panel , connect the usb flash to the board usb port , still waiting for root device means that the device is not being recognized , you can also repeat the usb creation method and then clone the usb to a hard drive then install from there , most likely you are either missing a flag or you have one that you are not suppose to have or you install a kext that it wasn't suppose to be install , an extra spare hard drive will save the day. i don't think we are off topic here , you can easily get to where you first started if you fix the waiting for root device , so just because a little thing change you don't have to close the post unless you really want to. if you can't get or don't have an extra hard drive try to get another flash drive.

Hi, 

I found something interesting - USB mouse receiver was also connected at the same time. 

When I rebooted into USB after removing this USB mouse receiver it moved further. 

It gave kernel panic in es.Osx86.Driver.EvOreboot

The USB installer is created with Enoch and does not contain this kext. 

I am completely puzzled from where this kext is getting loaded.

​This El capital upgrade is real test.

Pls let me know if you have any idea about this kext

thanks

Sachin 

Following are the specs

- Laptop - HP hdx 16t 

- processor - Intel core 2 Duo P7350

- Graphics  - Nvidia - GeForce 9600M GT

- HD -- SSD  ( MBR )

- OS - Yosemite/Win 7

Enoch boot plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0"> 
<dict>
        <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
        <string>103</string>
        <key>ShowInfo</key>
<string>No</string>
       <key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
        <key>Graphics Mode</key>
        <string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
        <string>No</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>PCIRootUID=1 kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>no</string>
        <key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>
        <key>USBBusFix</key>
<string>No</string>
        <key>cpus</key>
<string>1</string>
        <key>npci</key>
<string>0x3000</string>
                <key>Theme</key>
<string>testTheme</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Not sure how to get kext list.

Enoch was on other website.

Thanks
Sachin 

Thanks for asking the snapshot , I noticed that original -org.hwsensors.drivers.CPUSensors is still coming but its passing further now to es.Osx86.Driver.EvOreboot

Please let me know how to attach the image. looks I like there is some process to upload the image before I can attach it to this post.

Thanks

Sachin 

• 9 months later...