Please Advise on New Build Components

32 posts in this topic

Nah, I can make the USB.  I'm at least capable of doing that step. :)  It's the later tweaking if things don't work that I have a bit more trepidation about, but fortunately my 2008 Mac Pro is still holding up (though now besides the ethernet ports and optical drives going bad, the GPU is showing signs of failure).

Sounds good. I know the guide I showed you looks a bit overwhelming, but you'll get it through. 

And remember, for Skylake you don't need APIC patch with the latest OS X El Capitan installer and latest clover. 

You should also choose Aptiofix2 instead of Aptiofix. 

This is what you need

FakeSMC.kext

DataHubDxe-64.efi

OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

HFSPlus-64.efi 

This is not written in the guide. 

Okay, so ... Step 3, need to check the box that says DataHubDxe-64 and check the box that says OsxAptioFix2Drv-64, in Drivers64UEFI as opposed to OsxAptioFixDrv-64.

Step 4, I don't see where to get files like FakeSMC.kext for El Capitan (I found the one for 10.10 and another for 10.9 in the Downloads section of this site).

Step 5, I figured out that I get HFSPlus-64.efi through the Tools > Install Drivers.  I went to the Home screen and selected the /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist to edit.  In Boot, checked the Verbose option.  Gui, changed screen resolution to HD.  SMBIOS, selected the magic wand, iMac (15,1), and shaked the week and unit to generate a serial.  Also entered the RAM (4 slots, 8GB, 2400MHz, G.SKILL for the vendor, DDR4 Type).  My likely incorrect understanding from at least working through the Pandora video is that most of these fields I shouldn't have to actually fill out, that they will populate when I boot?  Unless there's a problem in which case the -v (verbose) command will tell me where it crashed and I can try to figure out what I need to fill out.

Hi if you want, I can collect all the stuff you need and give you a config for your specs and link it here. 

Step 3 sounds good, instead of Aptiofix, you chose aptiofix2 good. Vbox should be replaced by HFSplus-64.

Your SMBIOS should be 17.1 and it should have AGDPfix for post install as you're using nvidia gfx.