Why are we in Wikipedia ?

30 posts in this topic

Guys dont you think thay we should be a little bit less exposed? Just search hackintosh in google and bam insanelymac is one of the first hits, along with wikipedia, which also explains about hackintosh a little bit and link to insanelymac.too.. Do we really need that kind of exposure ( to Apple which has a knowledge of where they can screw our Hackintosh ability a few clicks away and will definitely target our weaknesses) to the world?

What do you think?

I know but they can read about all the techniques a few clicks away... Isnt that just a little bit too much of pushing it? Arent we being a little bit too lucky ??

In my oppinion thats what they have been doing since Mavericks.. Restricting and locking down the system further. I believe it is gonna keep getting harder for Hackintosh specislly since Apple knows all about us and our hacks and workarounds can easily be known and patched.. I would put my faith on anything for Apple not to lock the system down in a iOS fashion, like they have been doing, but hey, I guess we will have to stick with what we have till now

My oppinion is not about legality.. It is about them knowing our methods and screw many things up for us.. SIP is an example of something more serious probably ahead of us.

For example insanelymac could be a closed website where you can only view content if you create account.. That could filter a bit of uninteresting people... Oh and to successfully create account and read anything on the website you should first have to pass the OSx86 quiz 1 and 2 and perhaps add a third?

My oppinion is not about legality.. It is about them knowing our methods and screw many things up for us.. SIP is an example of something more serious probably ahead of us.

If they (Apple) create an method for block us (100%), it's over...nothing to do..306.gif

For example insanelymac could be a closed website where you can only view content if you create account..

Urgh, no. :no:

We don't have any secrets, and how we'll know who is an Apple spy?  :ph34r:

• Like 3

Guys dont you think thay we should be a little bit less exposed? Just search hackintosh in google and bam insanelymac is one of the first hits, along with wikipedia, which also explains about hackintosh a little bit and link to insanelymac.too.. Do we really need that kind of exposure ( to Apple which has a knowledge of where they can screw our Hackintosh ability a few clicks away and will definitely target our weaknesses) to the world?

What do you think?

How and where do you think you can get help if the scene is not exposed, Apple?. What do you think?

For example insanelymac could be a closed website where you can only view content if you create account.. That could filter a bit of uninteresting people... Oh and to successfully create account and read anything on the website you should first have to pass the OSx86 quiz 1 and 2 and perhaps add a third?

Anyone can just make an account and pass the quiz.

I think theres a fine line between being 100% exposed, having a semi-secure forum with account need in order to read, and an invite only community. I suggest the 2nd option, it would filter a lot  of people I think. Its just an oppinion, the mods will do whatever they want, but that will remain my oppinion

I think (just my opinion) that we are helping Apple than making it lose! All those KPs and security bypassing and some devices emulations to make it think it's an Apple device are reported to Apple, whether you like it or not. Knowing that Apple made a move about MBL/SN/ROM thing for iMessage, that means they acknowledge our existence and what we're doing. And we are not the only one, everytime I type Hackintosh or OS X on PC on google (on a new pc, mine always shows IM at first) the first link is TonyMacx86 then comes IM and other websites related to osx86 project. All these information helps Apple to better its OS, make moves against us, so that we find holes and some hacks. if Apple didn't want us to do that, it could have made all its sources closed (for example the kernel, that way AMD users could boot OS X on their rigs). They are profiting from our backs and we're actually ok with that, since it's not our sw but theirs!

• Like 2

but we are not hackers ... why should we hide

This is a hacking website, making an os that is not supposed to be on a device be on that device. That's hacking. We are not cracking tho.

And that still doesnt mean to hide and we are not actually.

In fact, they added our kexts in the exceptions list.

Look what i've find in "OSKextSigExceptionList":

Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 1.03.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 1.04.11 PM.png

They are our friends  ;)

And the list is too long to post here, but in "OSKextExcludeList", you can find only this:

OSKextExcludeList

at.obdev.nke.LittleSnitch

LE 4041

com.AmbrosiaSW.AudioSupport

LE 4.0.0

com.BT.kext.bpkkext

LE 1.0.0

com.baltaks.driver.DoubleCommand

LE 1.6.9

com.getgreenbytes.driver.zfs

LE 2012.09.14

com.getgreenbytes.filesystem.zfs

LE 2012.09.23

com.kaspersky.kext.klif

LE 2.2.1d19, 3.0.0d18, 3.0.0d23, 3.0.1d29

com.kaspersky.nke

LE 1.0.1d41, 1.6.0d9, 1.6.1d11

com.pgp.kext.PGPnke

LE 1.1

com.vmware.kext.vmci

LE 3.1.4

com.vmware.kext.vmioplug

LE 0053.60.16

com.vmware.kext.vmnet

LE 0053.60.16

com.vmware.kext.vmx86

LE 0053.60.16

com.vmware.kext.vsockets

com.webroot.driver.SecureAnywhere

LE 104

org.pqrs.driver.NoEjectDelay

LE 5.3.0

This kext is in Mavericks, i don't know if they have added more kexts in Yosemite or El Capitan.

Edited by Allan
grammar
  • Like 4

In fact, they added our kexts in the exceptions list.

Look what i've find in "OSKextSigExceptionList":

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-03-24 at 1.03.52 PM.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-03-24 at 1.04.11 PM.png

They are our friends  ;)

And the list is too long to post here, but in "OSKextExcludeList", you can find only this:

<key>OSKextExcludeList</key>

<dict>

<key>at.obdev.nke.LittleSnitch</key>

<string>LE 4041</string>

<key>com.AmbrosiaSW.AudioSupport</key>

<string>LE 4.0.0</string>

<key>com.BT.kext.bpkkext</key>

<string>LE 1.0.0</string>

<key>com.baltaks.driver.DoubleCommand</key>

<string>LE 1.6.9</string>

<key>com.getgreenbytes.driver.zfs</key>

<string>LE 2012.09.14</string>

<key>com.getgreenbytes.filesystem.zfs</key>

<string>LE 2012.09.23</string>

<key>com.kaspersky.kext.klif</key>

<string>LE 2.2.1d19, 3.0.0d18, 3.0.0d23, 3.0.1d29</string>

<key>com.kaspersky.nke</key>

<string>LE 1.0.1d41, 1.6.0d9, 1.6.1d11</string>

<key>com.pgp.kext.PGPnke</key>

<string>LE 1.1</string>

<key>com.vmware.kext.vmci</key>

<string>LE 3.1.4</string>

<key>com.vmware.kext.vmioplug</key>

<string>LE 0053.60.16</string>

<key>com.vmware.kext.vmnet</key>

<key>com.vmware.kext.vmx86</key>

<key>com.vmware.kext.vsockets</key>

<string>90.1.3</string>

<key>com.webroot.driver.SecureAnywhere</key>

<string>LE 104</string>

<key>org.pqrs.driver.NoEjectDelay</key>

<string>LE 5.3.0</string>

This kext is in Mavericks, i don't if they have added more kexts in Yosemite or El Capitan.

My WifiInjector.kext is there :P... I'm an "official" hacker :hysterical:

• Like 6