OS X 10.11.4 is out!

24 posts in this topic

e671250b25b5fc53e96f6afe074e4612.jpg

This update:

• Adds the ability to passcode-protect notes containing personal data in Notes
  • Adds the ability to sort notes alphabetically, by date created, or date modified in Notes
  • Adds the ability to import Evernote files into Notes
  • Adds support for sharing Live Photos between iOS and OS X via AirDrop and Messages
  • Addresses an issue that may cause RAW images to open slowly in Photos
  • Adds the ability for iBooks to store PDFs in iCloud, making them available across all your devices
  • Fixes an issue that prevented loading Twitter t.co links in Safari
  • Prevents JavaScript dialogs from blocking access to other webpages in Safari
  • Fixes an issue that prevented the VIPs mailbox from working with Gmail accounts
  • Fixes an issue that caused USB audio devices to disconnect
  • Improves the compatibility and reliability of Apple USB-C Multiport Adapters

Update
Combo

Click here to view the article

• Like 5

I was hoping I'd be able to boot with SIP fully enabled now that I'm using AppleALC, but I still needed to set unrestricted nvram (CsrActiveConfig=0x40) otherwise AptioFixDrv gets stuck at boot.

Maybe AptioFixDrv needs an update for 10.11.4?

• Like 2

I spent the last 2 hours trying to boot again in my desktop. After update I got the ALT circle. Tried to boot in safe mode and update finished, at reboot I couldn't boot, osxaptio problems. I moved it out of clover drivers directory and nothing worked again until I managed some how to enter recvoery and disable SIP completely, not even setting 0x67 in clover and restoring the aptiofixdriver was enough to boot.

I had to plug my HD in another machine and install the latest clover, after that I could boot from an USB pen into recovery to disable SIP and I was able to boot again. The question is: what is the level of SIP we can use in 10.11.4 ?

• Like 1

I was thinking about trying AptioFix2 again. I used it in the past but something made me drop it for AptioFix. Can't remember what the problem was now.

Update 1: Switched to AptioFix2 on the laptop and it's working ok with SIP fully enabled.

Update 2: Switched back to AptioFix and CsrActiveConfig=0x40. Boot would occasionally fail with AptioFix2. This is probably why I dropped it last time.

P8P67 Deluxe Rev3 on 3203 BIOS (using USB sound)

- updated, restarted, AptioFix error.

- used DOS on windows install to mount EFI partition

- removed OsxAptioFix, installed OsxAptioFix2

- still finnicky. 1/3 times it will get passed OsxAptioFix error (clearing nvram issue?)

- booted verbose- error with Heirarchy B-tree on Macintosh HD drive. PC shut down.

- booted single user, repaired catalog file using terminal. 

- now back into OSX, repaired permissions and partitions fix using Disk Utility.

Tried restarting again to see if OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi is still random. Sometimes it wants to work, sometimes it doesn't. I think that may have been why I used OsxAptioFixDrv instead. Though it's been so long that I can't recall.

Still, glad to be able to access my installation again.

a clean install of 10.11.4
cant login imessage and facetime
spam Certificate not yet generated in console

edit:

seems there's bug in 10.11.4

https://discussions.apple.com/message/29956490#29956490

P8P67 Deluxe Rev3 on 3203 BIOS (using USB sound)

- updated, restarted, AptioFix error.

- used DOS on windows install to mount EFI partition

- removed OsxAptioFix, installed OsxAptioFix2

- still finnicky. 1/3 times it will get passed OsxAptioFix error (clearing nvram issue?)

- booted verbose- error with Heirarchy B-tree on Macintosh HD drive. PC shut down.

- booted single user, repaired catalog file using terminal. 

- now back into OSX, repaired permissions and partitions fix using Disk Utility.

Tried restarting again to see if OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi is still random. Sometimes it wants to work, sometimes it doesn't. I think that may have been why I used OsxAptioFixDrv instead. Though it's been so long that I can't recall.

Still, glad to be able to access my installation again.

Id prefer OsxAptioFixDrv if both works

All good here with just a few steps required for the EVGA GTX 670 on Asus X79 Deluxe (hint new UEFI March 2016 update 4805 enables NVMe support) to work using smbios Mac Pro 6,1.  

First Install update:

At Clover go to options change to smbios 5,1 remove nvda_drv=1 ( the screen will be black if you don't)

1. AGDPfix

2. Install new Nvidia 10.11.4 drivers http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306535-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-el-capitan-update-03222016/page-1

3. update CUDA 

Thats really all that was wrong using the components in signature. 

All good here with just a few steps required for the EVGA GTX 670 on Asus X79 Deluxe (hint new UEFI March 2016 update 4805 enables NVME) to work using smbios Mac Pro 6,1.  

First Install update:

At Clover go to options change to smbios 5,1 remove nvda_drv=1 ( the screen will be black if you don't)

1. AGDPfix

2. Install new Nvidia 10.11.4 drivers http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306535-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-el-capitan-update-03222016/page-1

3. update CUDA 

Thats really all that was wrong using the components in signature. 

You do not need to change your SMBIOS for an update, you can use nv_disable=1, or set GFX1 in your SSDT/DSDT and you can avoid AGPM problems entirely and then just remove the nvda_drv=1 flag while starting up on outdated Nvidia drivers.

The latter option also allows you to boot the Recovery HD without any graphics flags and a MP6,1 SMBIOS.

@maleorderbride

Its not changed its simply an edit in clover under options for when you reboot. 

My SMBIOS is unchanged. 

Edit are not permanent at the Clover menu under options, when you reboot its back to what ever you had originally. Just saying for clarity.  I will look into that "set GFX1 in your SSDT/DSDT"

"You do not need to change your SMBIOS for an update" I never said you did. Perhaps I need to edit my post with 

1. First Install update

2. When rebooting at Clover go to options change to smbios 5,1 remove nvda_drv=1 ( the screen will be black if you don't)

3. AGDPfix

4. Install new Nvidia 10.11.4 drivers http://www.insanelym...03222016/page-1

5. update CUDA 

ASUS: this time I was unaware of the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi thing and went straight trough the App Store update  :cry:

I was thinking about trying AptioFix2 again. I used it in the past but something made me drop it for AptioFix. Can't remember what the problem was now.

Update 1: Switched to AptioFix2 on the laptop and it's working ok with SIP fully enabled.

Update 2: Switched back to AptioFix and CsrActiveConfig=0x40. Boot would occasionally fail with AptioFix2. This is probably why I dropped it last time.

I tried option #2, being a little concerned about CsrActiveConfig=0x40.

So I chose OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi + CsrActiveConfig=0x03 as suggested here:

+ CSR_ALLOW_UNRESTRICTED_NVRAM / replace with OsxAptioFix2Drv

So far no KP prohibitory sign.  :unsure:  :worried_anim:

Legacy:  :D NP.

OT: the Monty Python's  :pyth: ! Never noticed that before  :hysterical:

Edited by Il Francy MacPc

So I chose OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi + CsrActiveConfig=0x03 as suggested here:

So far no KP.  :unsure:  :worried_anim:

You won't get a KP with AptioFix2. Instead it will occasionally leave you at the prohibited sign during boot. A reboot will fix it, but it's annoying not being able to boot 100% of the time.

I didn't look to see what the problem was, but I think it's similar to what we get with AptioFix without the nvram fix.

I'm the only one that's having problem with HDMI audio on 10.11.4?

There's no way to get my system bootable with this feature, but, if I remove hda-gfx, onboard=1 from DSDT then system works fine — but no HDMI audio, of course. I had to roll back AppleHDA to 10.11.3 version to get HDMI audio.

I don't know what, exactly, is the problem: AppleHDA, bootloader, HD 3000, some kext or configuration… I really don't know. If anyone have some suggestion I'll be grateful.

Is there some file that I can provide to verify this?

Thanks a lot!

• 2 weeks later...

I spent the last 2 hours trying to boot again in my desktop. After update I got the ALT circle. Tried to boot in safe mode and update finished, at reboot I couldn't boot, osxaptio problems. I moved it out of clover drivers directory and nothing worked again until I managed some how to enter recvoery and disable SIP completely, not even setting 0x67 in clover and restoring the aptiofixdriver was enough to boot.

I had to plug my HD in another machine and install the latest clover, after that I could boot from an USB pen into recovery to disable SIP and I was able to boot again. The question is: what is the level of SIP we can use in 10.11.4 ?

true with this fix it can boot again