Help with building a i7 Pro, Install and Post install

jaylongeee

4 posts in this topic

I have built 2 Hackintoshs in the last 3 years 1 x 16 Core Xeon and one i7.

Im looking for a new i7 Pro machine if someone can take this on as a job. I need assistance:

Picking components
Install
Post install

I will use the machine professional and needs to be stable.

I ideally need someone/company to professionally help me with this.

Thanks,

Jamie

Thanks for that advise. I have been using the 2 machines listed above professionally for the last three years. I just need a 3rd machine and i'd rather spend £2000 on a machine with a spec fully to suit me than £6000+ on a Apple. Unfortunately the person that set them up is no longer about.

I'm not going to argue.  :)  Usually people think hacks are better because they are somewhat "cheaper". Talk to real developers and you will know that most of them prefer real mac's over hacks. For example PJALM, he uses a Mac Pro 6.1 as a server and Mac Mini for most of the other stuff, he still got hacks but only for fun. Even a Mac Mini or an iMac can do a lot. Don't go after the Geek Bench scores, it is just for brag rights and nothing else. 

The only thing I can think of as a professional hack will be a computer with LGA2011. Not LGA2011v3 as it doesn't have much support. So X79, with an xeon processor. Though I'm assuming you already got a x79. If you don't want many cores, Haswell hack would be good with for example z87 or z97.