AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

vit9696
5,371 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, twsps said:

Okay, I removed all my DSDT and SSDT but still the same problem.

Sorry again. Do you try to install Liu.kext in /L/E with appleALC.kext? why do you select kernelpm in Kernel to patches?

I installed AppleALC and Lilu both kexts in /L/E
For kernelpm, I selected it because of power management

Sorry again. Do you try to install Liu.kext in /L/E with appleALC.kext? why do you select kernelpm in Kernel to patches?

Sent from my MHA-AL00 using Tapatalk

Without kernelpm selected, I'm not able to boot in os but stuck at+++++

• Like 1

2 hours ago, twsps said:

I must DSDT/SSDT for my ELAN I2C touchpad and touchscreen, also my AppleALC is in /L/E. For DellSMBIOSPatch, I need that for CPU power management and USBInjectAll patch by SSDT.

Well, that's what I was afraid of. The CPU power management seems to be exactly what's causing you the issues.

@vit9696 @vandroiy2012 I think there is a typo in the IDT92HD87B2_4 support files. From Resources/IDT92HD87B2_4/Info.plist:

<key>Files</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Layouts</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Id</key>
				<integer>12</integer>
				<key>Path</key>
				<string>layout12.xml.zlib</string>
			</dict>
		</array>
		<key>Platforms</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Id</key>
				<integer>12</integer>
				<key>Path</key>
				<string>Platforms12.xml.zlib</string>
			</dict>
		</array>
</dict>

and yet in layout12.xml:

<dict>
	<key>LayoutID</key>
	<integer>13</integer>
	<key>PathMapRef</key>
<array>
<key>Outputs</key>
			<array>
				<string>IntSpeaker</string>
				<string>Headphone</string>
			</array>
			<key>PathMapID</key>
<integer>13</integer>

The current files doesn't work with my ProBook 4340s, but worked when I renamed the files xxxxx12.xml to xxxxx13.xml, changed the IDs and file names in Info.plist accordingly and recompiled the kext.

I think Info.plist is wrong, because layout12.xml is identical with layout13.xml from here that uses exactly this ID 13.

Edited by Philip Petev
  • Like 1

Well, that's what I was afraid of. The CPU power management seems to be exactly what's causing you the issues.
I tried with removing all dsdt and ssdt and the issue is still there. So not because of those

Hi, I recently installed MacOS High Sierra 10.13.5, and got sound using AppleALC.kext through Clover. My soundcard is ALC295 (layout 3). Sound through headphones and the internal microphone is working fine, but the speakers don't. I have CodecCommander.kext installed. How can I solve this?

EDIT: I have tried layouts 3, 13, 28 with and without CodecCommander.kext. Still same result: sound through headphones, but not through speakers. Also have tried the HDA to HDEF fix in my config.plist, with the same result.

Edited by pepito1

6 hours ago, twsps said:

I tried with removing all dsdt and ssdt and the issue is still there. So not because of those

Hi

Do you any issue on your Dell laptop before? I found a topic on Highest cpu frequency into Dell community forum (with AC Power connected or on battery)

@vit9696 advices to install AppleALC and Lilu into /EFI/Clover/Other at the beginning of the topic. Did you try to remove from /L/E and install at this location?

Hi
Do you any issue on your Dell laptop before? I found a topic on Highest cpu frequency into Dell community forum (with AC Power connected or on battery)

[mention=1135927]vit9696[/mention] advices to install AppleALC and Lilu into /EFI/Clover/Other at the beginning of the topic. Did you try to remove from /L/E and install at this location?
Yes I did try with that. However, it's still the same…

Hi, I recently installed MacOS High Sierra 10.13.5, and got sound using AppleALC.kext through Clover. My soundcard is ALC295 (layout 3). Sound through headphones and the internal microphone is working fine, but the speakers don't. I have CodecCommander.kext installed. How can I solve this?
What laptop are you using? Layout 3 wont work for me as well, but 13 and 28 works fine. Do you have any cpu high temp issue with this kext?

• Like 1

What laptop are you using? Layout 3 wont work for me as well, but 13 and 28 works fine. Do you have any cpu high temp issue with this kext?

Does it do the same on Windows? Any idea?
  • Like 1

Hi

Since Apple ALC 1.2.8 Release installed in /EFI/Clover/10.13, there is no sound system with layout-id=1 on macOS High Sierra. Before all work fine with my own compile kext AppleALC 1.2.8v2????

Hi

Since Apple ALC 1.2.8 Release installed in /EFI/Clover/10.13, there is no sound system with layout-id=1 on macOS High Sierra. Before all work fine with my own compile kext AppleALC 1.2.8v2????
Did you try 1.2.8v3 and Lilu 1.2 4? You need to use them together.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Just now, arsradu said:

Did you try 1.2.8v3 and Lilu 1.2 4? You need to use them together.

Hi @arsadu

I try 1.2.8v2 with Lilu 1.2.4 Release: all work fine with layout-id=1 on macOS High Sierra. I will try 1.2.8v3 now

Thanks

That's what I meant. Thank you.
Now, which other 3rd party kexts are you using?

Third party kexts doesn't matter. Because I tried with clean install with no kext and still the same problem
Thanks

Ok... So clean inatall with no kexts and same problem. So it's not AppleALC then.
Does it happen with a new clover config? If it's not the kexts then it's probably the config.

Ok... So clean inatall with no kexts and same problem. So it's not AppleALC then.
Does it happen with a new clover config? If it's not the kexts then it's probably the config.

No… what I mean by that is AppleALC is the only kext and I have this cpu issue but the sound works fine

@arsadu

Result:

1.2.8v2 with Lilu 1.2.4 Release: all work fine with layout-id=1 on macOS High Sierra.

1.2.8v3 with Lilu 1.2.4 Release: no sound system

1.2.8 Release with Lilu 1.2.4 Release: no sound system

I try to compile applaALC 1.2.8 with Lilu 1.2.4 debug (or 1.2.3 Debug) inside the folder: Xcode failed.

EDIT

Xcode 9.4.1 error: 

/Users/mathieu/Desktop/AppleALC/AppleALC/kern_alc.hpp:12:10: 'Headers/kern_devinfo.hpp' file not found

In file included from /Users/mathieu/Desktop/AppleALC/AppleALC/kern_start.cpp:11:

/Users/mathieu/Desktop/AppleALC/AppleALC/kern_alc.cpp:9:10: 'Headers/kern_devinfo.hpp' file not found

Very strange????

Edited by Matgen84

Third party kexts doesn't matter. Because I tried with clean install with no kext and still the same problem
Thanks

How long have you powered your system on for? Have you given it enough time for system to load and CPU to settle? Have you checked cpupm with AppleIntelInfo.kext?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@arsadu

Result:

1.2.8v2 with Lilu 1.2.4 Release: all work fine with layout-id=1 on macOS High Sierra.

1.2.8v3 with Lilu 1.2.4 Release: no sound system

1.2.8 Release with Lilu 1.2.4 Release: no sound system

I try to compile applaALC 1.2.8 with Lilu 1.2.4 debug inside the folder: Xcode failed.

Very strange????

Man....I was referring to my post here. That Lilu is not the same as Lilu that has been released a few days ago. There was no official 1.2.4 at that time. :) So I'm talking about THAT specific combo from my post.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Man....I was referring to my post here. That Lilu is not the same as Lilu that has been released a few days ago. There was no official 1.2.4 at that time. :) So I'm talking about THAT specific combo from my post.

OK :) It try it.

It's very strange that I can't compile AppleALC this morning. Errors in my previous post.

PS: I try appleALC 1.2.8v2 with official Lilu 1.2.4: all work fine

6 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

OK :) It try it.

It's very strange that I can't compile AppleALC this morning. Errors in my previous post.

PS: I try appleALC 1.2.8v2 with official Lilu 1.2.4: all work fine

it's not strange. :) The error refers to this commit, which was added for Lilu 1.2.5. Since you downloaded the whole folder, I'm guessing maybe the implementation is not yet complete so you don't have all the necessary things for a successful build yet... But that's just my theory.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, arsradu said:

it's not strange. :) The error refers to this commit, which was added for Lilu 1.2.5. Since you downloaded the whole folder, I'm guessing maybe the implementation is not yet complete so you don't have all the necessary things for a successful build yet... But that's just my theory.

AppleALC 1.2.8v3 + Unofficial Lilu 1.2.4: all work fine. I don't understand why official Lilu 1.2.4 and official appleALC 1.2.8 release (downloading from Github)  don't work together?

Just now, Matgen84 said:

AppleALC 1.2.8v3 + Unofficial Lilu 1.2.4: all work fine. I don't understand why official Lilu 1.2.4 and official appleALC 1.2.8 release (downloading from Github)  don't work together?

I don't know. But I think I know what happened in your case with Xcode. You only got the sources for AppleALC, but not the ones for Lilu, right? You only got the Lilu DEBUG kext (which is currently 1.2.4).

• Like 1