AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

vit9696
5,371 posts in this topic

AppleALC works on my laptop dell inspiron 3521 (codec ALC282) running Sierra 10.12. However, despite the sound from jack port is very good, the volume from internal speakers is quite low. I'm using layout 13. Can someone what is wrong in my config ? Here is my dump file from Linux.

thank you very much for your help

codec_dump.txt

AppleALC works on my laptop dell inspiron 3521 (codec ALC282) running Sierra 10.12. However, despite the sound from jack port is very good, the volume from internal speakers is quite low. I'm using layout 13. Can someone what is wrong in my config ? Here is my dump file from Linux.

thank you very much for your help

There's no layout 13 for ALC282, you mean layout 3 ? Try layout 28

Can someone make an AppleALC Patch for my Dell Inspiron 17R N7110? I could get sound with Layout ID 3 but the Microphone wasn't responding that is the reason why I ask. I have attached my Codec Dump. It uses Realtek ALC269VB. Thank you.

There's like 20 variants of ALC269, try them all out

• Like 1

I tested all Layouts in the AppleALC for ALC269 but with the Layouts not all Connectors are working correctly sometimes I have sound and no Mic or Mic and no Sound or only the Headphone Jack is working and so on. There is no Layout where all Connectors are working.

Thanks for the AppleALC but it won't give me any Audio Device with Layout ID 36. Can you maybe check this again? Thanks.

Try restarting a few times, or do an EC reset, cause sometimes your Intel HDA Device won't initialize correctly ( check System Report under the Audio section, if Intel High Definition Audio only show the layout ID it means Intel HDA Device failed )

@vandroiy2012

Is there any format or request to submit a setting to you?

I want to submit a ALC235 layout/platform/pinconfig for some Lenovo laptops.

Make a zip file with the following setting:

- PinConfigs.kext with the correct data for the codec you are adding and excluding everything else that isn't your work

- A folder named ALC235 with the info.plist and Layout/Platforms zlib you made excluding everything else that isn't your work

• Like 1

Try restarting a few times, or do an EC reset, cause sometimes your Intel HDA Device won't initialize correctly ( check System Report under the Audio section, if Intel High Definition Audio only show the layout ID it means Intel HDA Device failed )

I did an EC Reset but I still got not any device shown in the Systeminformation but I can test it first in 1 Week if it has worked or not.

@Tetonne/vusun123 - 

I posted a custom version of the AppleALC for T420 (for conexant 20672 aka 20590) on the T420 Guide thread.

Yes, There is support for this codec in ALC, but those path maps do not match the same functionality as what I did with the custom AppleHDA_20672 in terms of headphone/mic etc. In other words the current options for this codec in the ALC source tree, do not work 100% for T420. (That's the 1st reason i did a custom job!) The 2nd reason was is we are using ID 12 and that was already in use.

i can post the Resources Files (and perhaps pick some other IDs) if there is interest to add to main tree.

• Like 1

@Tetonne/vusun123 - 

I posted a custom version of the AppleALC for T420 (for conexant 20672 aka 20590) on the T420 Guide thread.

Yes, There is support for this codec in ALC, but those path maps do not match the same functionality as what I did with the custom AppleHDA_20672 in terms of headphone/mic etc. In other words the current options for this codec in the ALC source tree, do not work 100% for T420. (That's the 1st reason i did a custom job!) The 2nd reason was is we are using ID 12 and that was already in use.

i can post the Resources Files (and perhaps pick some other IDs) if there is interest to add to main tree.

Just change it to layout 28 or something, it's fine

I was wondering if someone can answer a couple questions. I have HDMI 0c0c with my Envy 17-j070 laptop (Intel 4600) and I have the following bug. If I connect my TV to HDMI without switching input on my TV, I see that audio output does show my LG TV as output, but when I then switch the input on my TV to the Mac, the output disappears and I can't output audio to my LG TV. This bug only happens with AppleALC as if I use FakePCI_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext from Rehabman, no issues.

I know this is not necessary a deal breaker as if I have the correct input selected on my TV first, I have no issues, but it's weird when it does it with AppleALC and not if I use the .kext I mentioned above. My ig-platform-id is 0x0a260006 in case that helps and my config.plist also has this entry for AppleIntelFrameBufferAzul.

<dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>0x0a260006 disable 0105 port, change 0204 port to HDMI (RehabMan)</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>AQUJAAAEAACHAAAAAgQJAAAEAACHAAAA</data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>/wAAAAEAAABAAAAAAgQJAAAIAACHAAAA</data>
         </dict>

The other issue I am facing is with this patch for the IDT92HD91BXX

<dict>
			<key>Count</key>
			<integer>1</integer>
			<key>Find</key>
			<data>QcaGQwEAAAA=</data>
			<key>MinKernel</key>
			<integer>13</integer>
			<key>Name</key>
			<string>AppleHDA</string>
			<key>Replace</key>
			<data>QcaGQwEAAAE=</data>
		</dict> 

If I put my laptop to sleep with no earPods connected, upon resuming from sleep, I get no output sound when I plug in earPods. I narrowed it down to the patch above causing it. I noticed that the issue only happens when Line In is detected for an Input Device as headphones with no mic doesn't have this issue. The one thing is this patch does fix the issue where Audio will go to sleep within 30 seconds causing a pop sound to be heard. Wonder if there is another patch that we can use that doesn't have this bug?

Even with these two issues, the reason for me using AppleALC instead of the above kext or our injector kext made for our IDT92HD91BXX audio is the simplicity AppleALC provides.

Thanks for your time.

I was wondering if someone can answer this question. I have HDMI 0c0c with my Envy 17-j070 laptop (Intel 4600) and I have the following bug. If I connect my TV to HDMI without switching input on my TV, I see that audio output does show my LG TV as output, but when I then switch the input on my TV to the Mac, the output disappears and I can't output audio to my LG TV. This bug only happens with AppleALC as if I use FakePCI_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext from Rehabman, no issues. The reason for me using AppleALC instead of the above kext or our injector kext made for our IDT92HD91BXX audio is the simplicity AppleALC provides.

I know this is not necessary a deal breaker as if I have the correct input selected on my TV first, I have no issues, but it's weird when it does it with AppleALC and not if I use the .kext I mentioned above. My ig-platform-id is 0x0a260006 in case that helps and my config.plist also has this entry for AppleIntelFrameBufferAzul.

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>0x0a260006 disable 0105 port, change 0204 port to HDMI (RehabMan)</string>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>AQUJAAAEAACHAAAAAgQJAAAEAACHAAAA</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>/wAAAAEAAABAAAAAAgQJAAAIAACHAAAA</data>
			</dict>

Thanks for your time.

AppleALC does nothing for your HDMI on ig-platform-id 0x0a260006 and on any other Haswell laptop ig-platform-id. Your HDMI works because of a patch in your config.plist. Apparently it's not enough. You should use FakePCI_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext if it helps with this issue. You can use it with AppleALC as well. They will not interfere with each other :)

AppleALC does nothing for your HDMI on ig-platform-id 0x0a260006 and on any other Haswell laptop ig-platform-id. Your HDMI works because of a patch in your config.plist. Apparently it's not enough. You should use FakePCI_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext if it helps with this issue. You can use it with AppleALC as well. They will not interfere with each other :)

Ok when I did use AppleALC and the FakePCI_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext together in the past, the HDMI entry wouldn't be in the Audio section of System Information so I think it does interfere with each other. I know I saw mention of my Intel 4600 before in AppleALC and I actually had to download AppleALC source to remove it since it was interfering with the other .kext ability to load. I believe it is this section in Controllers.plist causing it.

<dict>
		<key>Device</key>
		<integer>3084</integer>
		<key>Name</key>
		<string>HD4600 controller</string>
		<key>Patches</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Count</key>
				<integer>4</integer>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>DAoAAA==</data>
				<key>MaxKernel</key>
				<integer>13</integer>
				<key>MinKernel</key>
				<integer>13</integer>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleHDAController</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>DAwAAA==</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Count</key>
				<integer>2</integer>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>CwwAAA==</data>
				<key>MaxKernel</key>
				<integer>13</integer>
				<key>MinKernel</key>
				<integer>13</integer>
				<key>Name</key>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>DAwAAA==</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Count</key>
				<integer>3</integer>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>PQwKAAA=</data>
				<key>MaxKernel</key>
				<integer>14</integer>
				<key>MinKernel</key>
				<integer>14</integer>
				<key>Name</key>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>PQwMAAA=</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Count</key>
				<integer>1</integer>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>PQsMAAA=</data>
				<key>MaxKernel</key>
				<integer>14</integer>
				<key>MinKernel</key>
				<integer>14</integer>
				<key>Name</key>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>PQwMAAA=</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Count</key>
				<integer>5</integer>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>PQwKAAA=</data>
				<key>MinKernel</key>
				<integer>15</integer>
				<key>Name</key>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>PQwMAAA=</data>
			</dict>
		</array>
		<key>Vendor</key>
		<string>Intel</string>
	</dict>

Is there a way to include our ig-platform-id for the HDMI like the other Intel HDMIs are defined? The only other define in my config.plist for HDMI is this.

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Intel HDMI HDA</string>
				<key>CustomProperties</key>
				<array>
					<dict>
						<key>Disabled</key>
						<false/>
						<key>Key</key>
						<string>hda-gfx</string>
						<key>Value</key>
						<string>onboard-1</string>
					</dict>
					<dict>
						<key>Disabled</key>
						<false/>
						<key>Key</key>
						<string>layout-id</string>
						<key>Value</key>
						<data>DAAAAA==</data>
					</dict>
				</array>
				<key>PciAddr</key>
				<string>00:03.00</string>
			</dict>

My IDT HDA codec is defined similar and I don't have any issues with AppleALC on it. Thanks for responding back. Do you have a solution to my other issue posted above where headphones with mic doesn't work after sleep using the built-in patch? I can just remove the patch causing issues, but wonder if there is another patch to fix the popping sound after a few seconds of inactivity?

Edit: I can confirm with everything I posted above that adding FakePCI_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext with AppleALC has no working HDMI audio and no HDMI entry in System Information. Also I compiled a build of AppleALC removing the Intel 4600 entry from Controllers.plist and now HDMI audio is working perfectly with FakePCI_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext alongside AppleALC.

Delete this patch from Controllers.plist and use AppleALC with FakePCI_HDMI_Audio.

post-1069282-0-51640900-1498263480_thumb.png

About adding your patch for ig-platform-id - sorry but NO! This patch removes port 0105 from framebuffer. Not everyone need this. I only can change 04->08 in native framebuffer. If you need deleting or swapping ports you should do this personally in your config.plist. And if you make deleting or swapping in config.plist you can do HDMI changes 04->08 in it also.

Or you can leave this patch and also add your personal patch with deleting port 0105 and HDMI changes. 

In any case none of this two solutions couldn't be applied in sources for everyone...

Delete this patch from Controllers.plist and use AppleALC with FakePCI_HDMI_Audio.

attachicon.gifСнимок экрана 2017-06-24 в 03.28.39.png

About adding your patch for ig-platform-id - sorry but NO! This patch removes port 0105 from framebuffer. Not everyone need this. I only can change 04->08 in native framebuffer. If you need deleting or swapping ports you should do this personally in your config.plist. And if you make deleting or swapping in config.plist you can do HDMI changes 04->08 in it also.

Or you can leave this patch and also add your personal patch with deleting port 0105 and HDMI changes. 

In any case none of this two solutions couldn't be applied in sources for everyone...

Ok thanks for provding.

• Like 1

Hello vit9696.

I have XPS 15 9550 with ALC298 and i use AppleALC but sometimes cant boot still in apple logo.

I spent a lot of time to figure out what to happen and yestday i found it is the HDMI problem.

If i add  FakePCI_HDMI_Audio.kext and  FakePCIID.kext then have no problem after 20 reboot while delete this two files the problem show again so i can confirm it is the HDMI problem.

Sometimes you wil think it related with cc or alcplugfix but now it provided nothing with this problem because i have delete these but problem again.

Lucky the problem is solved and i hope you can look into the FakePCI_HDMI_Audio.kext and look up how this kext works and add the HDMI info to AppleALC to solve this proble.

PS:Some other people have other problem such as no sound while use AppleALC but if use FakePCI_HDMI_Audio.kext and  FakePCIID.kext then the sound appear again.So this kext is must in some laptop but i dont know how this kext works and how it works with AppleALC?

@Vit9696

AppleALC works with ALC888 with Sierra/EC/Yos… :thumbsup_anim:

Well, sort of (at least with my setup) because the strange thing is that in order to have sound, I have to enter sleep mode first then it's fine. Otherwise, I have no sound at all after boot.

That's why I was thinking there was a problem with the patch but it appears that's something else.

Any hint on this ?

Thanks.

Hi,

Do you have now fully working sound on that codec 0x10ec0888 0x100202?