AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

vit9696
5,371 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, vit9696 said:

This is correct. I replied on the changelog on github:

https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/commit/74e99dc3a405b2f9d72add35c784339edb1e5322#commitcomment-29273586

All in all: do not touch anything it will just work.

That's what Apple said. :P

I will rebuild the kext and give it another try (although everything worked fine for me either way). Thank you very much. :)

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Pavo said:

Think someone needs to explain this little more, because I changed layout-id to alc-layout-id in SSDT for HDEF device and this is what I get in IORegistry.

sDITTgL.png

alc-layout-id = 2

apple-layout-id = 7

layout-id = 7

#scratcheshead

Please Pavo, what to do in HDEF=>DSDT and boot-args, to have that Audio working with AppleALC! I've seen all things, but just need to have things clear in my mind, thanks!

20 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

Please Pavo, what to do in HDEF=>DSDT and boot-args, to have that Audio working with AppleALC! I've seen all things, but just need to have things clear in my mind, thanks!

I just follow indications above by vit9696: "All in all: do not touch anything it will just work." And AppleALC 1.2.8 work fine with -lilubeta boot-args.

1 minute ago, arsradu said:

Ok, well AppleALC 1.2.8 (v2) can be found attached.

To me, it made no difference. And that's a good thing, since it worked fine before.

Anyway, if anyone else wants to give it a try, there you go.

AppleALC_1.2.8v2.zip

What is difference with appleALC 1.2.8? Please.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I just follow indications above by vit9696: "All in all: do not touch anything it will just work." And AppleALC 1.2.8 work fine with -lilubeta boot-args.

What is difference with appleALC 1.2.8? Please.

You have the changes posted above by vit9696. :)

I just rebuilt it for people who needed those changes (and to make sure it doesn't break anything on my rig, which it doesn't). So, if you wanna give it a try, go ahead. Basically, the last build includes the latest changes. That's the difference between them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, arsradu said:

I just rebuilt it for people who needed those changes (and to make sure it doesn't break anything on my rig, which it doesn't). So, if you wanna give it a try, go ahead. Basically, the last build includes the latest changes. That's the difference between them.

Thanks a lot :)

3 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

When can we expect full 10.14 support? Meaning without using boot args?
Great work thus far.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

When Apple releases 10.14 final. :) Basically when it won't be a Beta anymore.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, arsradu said:

So if i understand, i have to use the AppleALC 1.2.8 v2 + in DSDT all-layout-id then in boot-args -alcbeta -lilubeta, is it right? 

Just now, ammoune78 said:

So if i understand, i have to use the AppleALC 1.2.8 v2 + in DSDT all-layout-id then in boot-args -alcbeta -lilubeta, is it right? 

Uhm... no. The idea is that it should simply work with no other changes.

YOU DO, however, need -lilubeta -alcbeta boot arguments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

I downloaded latest source but its failing to build, Lilu is in applealc-master folder.

Check the errors (click the red icon with the exclamation mark on it). :)

Also, you're using Lilu DEBUG, right?

Edited by arsradu
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, arsradu said:

Check the errors. :)

Also, you're using Lilu DEBUG, right?

Ooops thanks.

Also how do i get my actual codec to display instead of Realtek (unknown)

1162784689_ScreenShot2018-06-07at9_23_00pm.png.aae663b3dcd5966b5621e0214c0f6b97.png

Edited by SavageAUS

Rollback AppleHDA from 10.13.5 or 10.13.6 DP1 also works with Mojave and Lilu 1.2.3 and AppleALC 1.2.6 with -alcbeta -lilubeta.
All layoutIDs work as usual

open EasyKext Pro and Rollback does not work (sudo missing)

open EasyKext Pro with Terminal:

sudo / Users /.../ Desktop / EasyKext \ Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/EasyKext \ Pro

and do the rollback AppleHDA

...and works all

Hi guys,

Which option(s) do people with codec ALC 286 have to get sound in Mojave? Even with the latest AppleALC, there are still users who don't have sound in Mojave. And....I feel like the reason for that might be the fact that the only option they had before (layout ID 3, if the AppleALC Wiki page is accurate), is now gone from AppleHDA. So...if I got the way AppleALC works right....there is no other option for it to choose from.

Maybe....MAYBE it will come back with newer releases...? Probably not. I'm honestly not sure that will ever happen, knowing Apple. But in the meantime, what are the options for these people? Or...are there any options?

I guess using the AppleHDA kext from High Sierra would also be an option, as MacPeet suggested...? But I feel that on the next Mojave update, you might need to do it again...if the kext gets rewritten, as well.

Edited by arsradu

Both work here

- Rollback HDA from HS with Lilu1.2.3 and AplleALC1.2.6 (-lilubeta -alcbeta)

or

- real HDA 10.14 with Lilu1.2.3 and AppleALC_1.2.8v2 (-lilubeta -alcbeta)

16 minutes ago, MacPeet said:

Both work here

- Rollback HDA from HS with Lilu1.2.3 and AplleALC1.2.6 (-lilubeta -alcbeta)

or

- real HDA 10.14 with Lilu1.2.3 and AppleALC_1.2.8v2 (-lilubeta -alcbeta)

Yes, but I suppose you're not using ALC 286, right?

no, alc888 layoutID 28

28 is also deleted in HDA 10.14

Edit:

I work with Clover 4516
I read, newer version is broken audio  ?¿

Edited by MacPeet

34 minutes ago, MacPeet said:

no, alc888 layoutID 28

28 is also deleted in HDA 10.14

Yes, it is.

But, the reason why it works is because it still has a LOT more to choose from. Whereas for ALC 286, it's either Layout ID 3, or not. :) And, here I'm not talking about what you inject in Clover. I'm talking about what the actual AppleHDA kext is able to provide. And since there is no Layout ID 3 in AppleHDA, and there are no other options for ALC 286...well, you pretty much have no sound.

Layout IDs for ALC888 (according to AppleALC Wiki): 1, 2, 3, (4 for laptop), 5, 7, 11, 28, 29

Supported Layout IDs for ALC888 (according to AppleHDA kext in Mojave): 2,4 (for laptop), 5, 7.

So I'm pretty sure that, even though you selected Layout ID 28, it's not actually using the resources for that, in AppleHDA, since it's not available, as you very well said. :) So, I'm pretty sure it's actually using one of the other available ones, such as Layout ID 2, 4 (for laptop), 5 or 7. :) 

Edited by arsradu

Guy's my Realtek ALC292 have only 3 layout ids available in the Info.plist on the AppleALC, 12-18-28 and no one work on Mojave :(

Please pay an attention to this:

the latest AppleALC in master addresses all the issues of 10.14. It works just fine by simulating an existing layout id and does not require any manipulations with your previous preferences.

The only issue preventing it from working on your system are obviously your borked hands, and clearly in such a case you should refrain from installing betas. What you do here is only confusing other people, and misguide them by providing some pseudotechnical information.

To summarise I suggest everyone to take a break. Thank you for understanding.

Please note, that HDMI audio may need separate updates, and it will be addressed later in other kexts.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, arsradu said:

Yes, it is.

But, the reason why it works is because it still has a LOT more to choose from. Whereas for ALC 286, it's either Layout ID 3, or not. :) And, here I'm not talking about what you inject in Clover. I'm talking about what the actual AppleHDA kext is able to provide. And since there is no Layout ID 3 in AppleHDA, and there are no other options for ALC 286...well, you pretty much have no sound.

Layout IDs for ALC888 (according to AppleALC Wiki): 1, 2, 3, (4 for laptop), 5, 7, 11, 28, 29

Supported Layout IDs for ALC888 (according to AppleHDA kext in Mojave): 2,4 (for laptop), 5, 7.

So I'm pretty sure that, even though you selected Layout ID 28, it's not actually using the resources for that, in AppleHDA, since it's not available, as you very well said. :) So, I'm pretty sure it's actually using one of the other available ones, such as Layout ID 2, 4 (for laptop), 5 or 7. :) 

1 hour ago, MacPeet said:

correct, IORegistryExplorer shows layoutID 7, not 28

then we have to patch ALC 286 Layout ID 3 to another ID in the next few days

I'll take a look at it tomorrow

Same thing here for ALC292 using arsradu AppleALC 1.2.8 v2, here's the screen shot:

2019007609_ScreenShot2018-06-07at7_23_48PM.thumb.png.dc1a38fdfa1d18eddaeb1b24e736e343.png

My last attempts was using all layout ids supported for this codec, I'll try for the last time compiling it from sources as vit9696 said, if doesn't worked, for sure i'll take a break with VoodooHDA and wait for a release!

I know i'm not dumb, but it doesn't worked for me, I'll go for compiling it now after installing Xcode on that laptop and see, maybe I'll try to rollback AppleHDA to HS one and see :D