AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

vit9696
5,371 posts in this topic

Hi Mirone,

I am unsure if I got you right, are you asking for credits for something?

I will respectfully accept a due credit line for yourself in a pull request form.

Unfortunately it is not possible for me to include all the people who contributed to AppleALC, and I might actually add a line to credit the nameless contributors.

• Like 2

Unsuccessful friend. Try on: S / L / E, L / E and EFI / Clover / Kext / 10:11.

The same is loaded, as you can see in the image below:

post-1145065-0-03418600-1457891345_thumb.png

But without sound.

Already the original kext works, but without the front microphone.
Thank you for your help.

Hi Mirone,

I am unsure if I got you right, are you asking for credits for something?

I will respectfully accept a due credit line for yourself in a pull request form.

Unfortunately it is not possible for me to include all the people who contributed to AppleALC, and I might actually add a line to credit the nameless contributors.

Respect to all of u

Hello @vit9696

What does "Count" actually stand for? Count of pattern to be search? (Wiki said "number of required replacements").
Can we leave this empty so patcher can search & replace to whole bytes of target binary?

<key>Patches</key>
<array>
  <dict>
    <key>Count</key>
    <integer>2</integer>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>
    xxx
    </data>
    <key>MinKernel</key>
    <integer>13</integer>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>AppleHDA</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>
    yyy
    </data>
  </dict>

Weird, I tried with your last compiled kext and I compiled one myself. I will try again though.

edit:

Ok here's the new log, I think files get mixed somehow while testing:

http://pastebin.com/YnDuvM02

I am afraid they were, since the log corresponds to a pre-1.0.2 version. And it is better to use something more recent, e. g. trunk.

What does "Count" actually stand for? Count of pattern to be search? (Wiki said "number of required replacements").

Can we leave this empty so patcher can search & replace to whole bytes of target binary?

It's the number or replacements one must do in a file. Currently not, although it is technically possible. The reason for not doing that is a sanity check.

@vit9696 sorry to bother so much. I just tried the 1.0.2 release, still nothing. Honestly I'm confused as I am not able to make it work anymore, even with Nvidia disabled.

http://pastebin.com/WBKCM4U2

Cheers.

This is a newer log indeed. But it looks like AppleALC starts after both AppleHDA and AppleHDAController, which results in no audio. Generally I would solve this by loading it with a bootloader.

try set nvram boot-args if you dont have one

This is no longer an issue

would it be better to support SL too?

If SL means Snow Leopard, then I see not many reasons. 10.6 has different layout formats used, and does not need AppleALC to hack the kernel/kexts.

As for later versions, it was designed to work on 10.7 and newer. Most of the patches submitted were only tested on 10.9 and newer though.

dual boot os x el capitan and windows 10 on ga-z170n-gaming 5

boot to osx work perfectly

boot to windows then restart to osx no sound

osx -> windows -> osx no sound

@ellaosx this is a known issue with 1150. You need to turn the computer off to restore audio. What Crusher is saying is that you can use the surround outputs, those survive restarts from windows. I simply turn off and on when I'm coming from windows.

Cheers

• Like 1

@ellaosx this is a known issue with 1150. You need to turn the computer off to restore audio. What Crusher is saying is that you can use the surround outputs, those survive restarts from windows. I simply turn off and on when I'm coming from windows.

Cheers

CodecCommander can fix this AFAIK. Also seems like the latest version of AppleALC added extra patches for ALC1150 to fix front panel output after rebooting from Windows.

I heard that one can use Codec Commander to deal with such issues. But I have never did this myself, and I do not dual-boot to windows.

CodecCommander can fix this AFAIK. Also seems like the latest version of AppleALC added extra patches for ALC1150 to fix front panel output after rebooting from Windows.

Honestly I did try codec commander at some point, but I don't remember the reason I stop using it. There was something about it, not sure if I got KP sometimes.