[GUIDE] Installing El Capitan on HP Pavilion TS 14 Notebook PC - n020se

n2phoenix

30 posts in this topic

That actually means that the kext installation worked as it should. It's all going through the USB 2.0 Bus for me in Sierra as well.

Perhaps your touchscreen isn't going through a USB connection? You can find out using Windows's Device Manager > Human Interface Devices > (look for touch device related option and double click) > Details > Hardware IDs. If the beginning of the string says something other than USB, that may be the issue.

If it is, you may have a port limit (prevents OS X from recognizing all USB ports on the system) which is a prevalent problem on El Capitan and above. You can probably try this to figure out which USB port the touchscreen is using so you can find a DSDT patch/port injector for that port.  

However, I think the "USB 2.0" spec is just a naming difference - you should still have the speed of USB 3.0 through your respective ports as I do. Try transferring large files to a hard drive over a USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 port to check the difference.

Thank you very much for that link!!!!      :superman:   You saved the day and gave me back my night!

I have touchscreen (Atmel maXTouch Digitizer) working now in addition to HP Truevision HD Camera <--BONUS for facetime!

Here is what I did:

1. Re-ran Vietnam Tools, installed the USB3 stack (kexts), left out the Asmedia USB3 since I do not have the asmedia chipset
  2. Rebooted, this put my usb devices back on the USB3 Bus (verified in System Report)

Then did this:

1. Went here.. https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-usb-inject-all/downloads
  2. Downloaded latest os-x-usb-inject
  3. Per rehabman's instructions, did:
sudo cp -R Release/USBInjectAll.kext /Library/Extensions
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

So now all I have left to enable is my Card Reader, which I believe is a Realtec Card Reader and get the mSata SSD to be recognized so I can restore my system image from the external sata to the internal mSata drive.

For those of you who have my exact same laptop build as mine, you can use this DSDT/SSDT combination to get working brightness controls (with IntelBacklight.kext), battery indicator (with ACPIBatteryManager.kext), working sleep mode, Intel SpeedStep to reduce power usage, and switching off discrete graphics (it's not listed in System Information but it is actually running and using more power).

Thank you very much for that link!!!!      :superman:   You saved the day and gave me back my night!

I have touchscreen (Atmel maXTouch Digitizer) working now in addition to HP Truevision HD Camera <--BONUS for facetime!

Here is what I did:

1. Re-ran Vietnam Tools, installed the USB3 stack (kexts), left out the Asmedia USB3 since I do not have the asmedia chipset
  2. Rebooted, this put my usb devices back on the USB3 Bus (verified in System Report)

Then did this:

1. Went here.. https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-usb-inject-all/downloads
  2. Downloaded latest os-x-usb-inject
  3. Per rehabman's instructions, did:
sudo cp -R Release/USBInjectAll.kext /Library/Extensions
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

So now all I have left to enable is my Card Reader, which I believe is a Realtec Card Reader and get the mSata SSD to be recognized so I can restore my system image from the external sata to the internal mSata drive.

That's great! Glad to know you figured it out!  :thumbsup_anim:

The card reader is pretty tricky to get on a HP laptop. Seeing as you have different hardware, I'd recommend this solution that didn't work for me but should work for you:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-make-a-generic-driver-for-any-card-reader.74471/

I'm not sure how to help with your mSATA SSD. Usually that shows up when you inject HPRAIDInjector.kext, SATA-RAID-282a.kext and/or LegacyAppleAHCI.kext but if you've tried them, then I really don't know. But do let us know if you figure it out! Thanks  :D

DSDTandSSDT.zip

Was able to get the SSD online, noticed it was properly seated (my fault for not seeing that).

The only thing I am lacking is the card reader, which I see is a PCI Card Reader.   From what I read, Apple never produced PCI card readers....guessing they are all USB based therefore there is nothing kext-wise to build off of.

Rehabman could be the person to address this, however this may become a legacy part.

A work around would be to plug in a usb card reader if I needed one.  

For now I can live with a 99% hackintosh.

I appreciate you help!

• 2 weeks later...

update on this...    noticed after the latest update to El Capitan, touchscreen still works, but once it goes into a sleep mode for a length of time it will no longer respond to touch.

After a reboot it works again.    Also had to re-inject my patched AppleHDA.kext to get sound back