Asus Thunderbolt PCI Settings

3 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

I have a Asus X99 E-WS with both a single and dual Thunderbolt cards. I experience with both cards in the second slot following problem:

Sometimes, the thunderbolt device is no more available in OS X 10.10.5. It just disappears, but is still working in Windows 10.

What I then have to do is go to BIOS/Advanced and switch the PCI Bandwidth from 2x to 4x or from 4x to 2x. Then all is good until next time. Disabled and Auto never works.

In OSX Console there is no difference between the readouts of the term "Thunderbolt" between the two situations. Working and not working.

What I then tried is to manually load the TB Kext files in System/Library/Extensions. All of them load except "AppleThunderboltNHI.kext".

I get this error in terminal: "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleThunderboltNHI.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) link error; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8)."

Now I am at a point of complete frustration and maybe some of you can give me a hint where to look next or what to try?

Thank you, best,

Horst

• 2 months later...