ALC892 low volume after sleep

djseban

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I just made sleep working on my hackintosh, and ran into the issue with low volume after sleep. Normally, audio volume was very low on cold-boot and non-existent after waking from sleep. I resolved that issue by installing CodecCommander.kext. Now after cold-boot volume level is decent, but after sleep-wake it's very low. Did anyone ran into similar issue? Sound working by 2 patches in Clover and LegacyHDA.kext with layouts.

@edit: Partially resolved the issue by setting boot flag darkwake=8 + CodecCommander.kext. OS X wakes with no sound and after 30 seconds from wake AppleHDA regains functionality with normal (decent) volume. But after about 10 minutes volume returns to low state..

• 1 month later...
I have the same problem and the same motherboard as you.
Only my Hacki does not go into sleep mode, I do not want that. In normal operation comes after 30 seconds no sound, so it is called the falls asleep.

When I press the menu bar or on the Mac keyboard, according to plus or minus button, the sound is back ... but only for 30 seconds, then it goes back to sleep.
Please go with you to take the options sleeping out, so that it runs normally and then check times after 30 seconds a sound signal, if then the sound works. 
You'll see only if you repeatedly press a sound button or a sound request, the sound and then return.

Write times whether with you also like me is. thanks for that.

Greetings from Germany Pinarek

Here is my post ... I also thought it is up to this CodecCommander.kext, but not so.

Can you my post yes times read.

Greetings from Germany Pinarek

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307895-codec-commander-alc892-help-needed/?view=findpost&p=2229813