Need help updating to 10.10.5 from 10.10.1

skrub

8 posts in this topic

So the other day I went and updated my Yosemite installation to 10.10.5, first through the App Store, then directly through Apple's website. After the update completed, my computer restarted and went to Clover. I booted using verbose, as I always do after an update like that. Halfway through booting I got a bunch of "Sandbox: deny" errors flood my screen, all the way until the end of the boot, as seen in the image below. The GUI failed to load, and from the looks of it, a lot of other things too.

I am now typing this from a new Yosemite installation and wish to try updating to 10.10.5 again, without damaging my installation. I've searched this error on Google, but none of the methods to fix it work for me. Strangely enough, I can boot into 10.10.5 using Chameleon, but I want to get it to work on Clover because Chameleon messes with my install. On Clover I'm only using the boot-flags rootless=0 , kext-dev-mode=1 , and slide=0. This is a new install and it only has Clover as the bootloader. Please help.  :(

post-1161379-0-96563400-1457168023_thumb.jpg

An error in System / Library / Extensions, the trouble has arisen with the update??? perhaps is the sandbox.kext and system.kext faulty .... try to install manually the sandbox.kext and system.kext from 10.10.5, and check Which drivers you have customized When installing 10.10.1 on your system (internal graphics card, sound card etc ...) ... delete the AppleHDA.kext ... possible a cause of the trouble. to the conclusion you have to repair the permissions and renew the kernel cache with kext Wizard or similar tool.

Then it Should be able to boot your system successfully. .

Not sure if it's corrupted, I've done this at least 3 times, all with the same error. But I'll give it a go. I forgot to mention in my first post that I was ready to download the update, and didn't know how to avoid this error again. Where exactly would I find system.kext and sandbox.kext in the update, since it's from the App Store?

open the dmg file with pacifist, here the download Link: https://www.charlessoft.com/go to system/library/extensions/ export the files on your desktop. Then into the right place in your osx partition in to /system/library/extensions/

• 4 months later...

maybe you should try to change the S/L/Extensions/Sandbox.kext against with a current Sandbox.kext from 10.11.6 or from 10.11.5, then repair the permissions and create new prelinkedKernel.

But before you change the contents of the Extensions folder, you should secure the contents of the Extensions folder.