Pandora's Box III

Micky1979

247 posts in this topic

no no ... I wanted to understand if you already applied a patch or not. That patch is to install OSX on a disk with MBR partition table instead of GPT.

So by you last answer the problem is elsewere. 

going to create an installer with "restore" method and let you know.

no no ... I wanted to understand if you already applied a patch or not. That patch is to install OSX on a disk with MBR partition table instead of GPT.

So by you last answer the problem is elsewere. 

going to create an installer with "restore" method and let you know.

Thanks Micky1979.

Yes Micky1979, that is the same patch I used. The only difference is that I have 10.11.5 as well as the app file downloaded from app store. I choose the USB drive, then choose the the installer file, then choose the patch folder. Click on start and let it finish. I then install clover in legacy MBR mode. Tweak some of the config and install FakeSMC.kext

I was able to do this with the createinstallmedia method and I can reach the part where I am asked to install already, but it stops me since I have an MBR formatted drive so I resort to this other method with patched MBR. I stick the USB onto the port and when I boot I just reach a blinking cursor on the top left of the screen, can't get to the boot menu.

Thanks.

Is that one of the options when installing clover? I will try when I get home from work and report later.

You can try this way:

post-674334-0-89770000-1470136409_thumb.png

also be sure all other options are as in the above picture

EDIT

You can see "use the esp as target" is marked as active, since I hope at least the USB pen drive with the installer made is GPT

Hi, I have managed to make it work by re-installing clover on the same USB drive but this time I chose boot0af and Clover EFI 64 bits Sata. Now my problem is I can't boot my hard drive after installation as I get boot0af: error on it. I think I may be able to figure that one out by searching the web, I'll post back here in case I get stumped.

Thanks.

Hi, I have managed to make it work by re-installing clover on the same USB drive but this time I chose boot0af and Clover EFI 64 bits Sata. Now my problem is I can't boot my hard drive after installation as I get boot0af: error on it. I think I may be able to figure that one out by searching the web, I'll post back here in case I get stumped.

Thanks.

Hi, glad that works now. The boot0af error now depend, I guess, because you installed Clover on / and maybe your hd has 4096 sector size. 

Usually to solve this problem you have to install Clover from another partition to let the installer to umount the target volume (this is the secret). You can do that manually booting the installer and perform all the steps with the Terminal from there.

Hello, I just installed Clover on my USB, via Pandora. Can anyone tell me what I should  choose in the config file?

My PC is in my signature. I'm using the iGPU - Intel HD Graphics 530. Here's a screenshot - I started typing some information about the RAM now.

My BIOS is reset to defaults.

Thank you so much!

post-1779061-0-81729200-1471012912_thumb.png

What's the version of the OS on the usb installer?

As far as I know your integrated graphics card should work easily by set:

Graphics-->ig-platform-id set to:

0x19120000

Graphics-->Inject Intel (marked active), and Ati and Nvidia deactivated (I think your bios already has IGPU as primary ..)

SMBIOS, MacPro6,1, MacPro5,1, iMac17,1 etc..

The base should be a standard config you already have and that you can select in Ares by chosing it in the interface..

• Like 1

@Micky1979 - Thanks for the reply! The version of the OS is the latest, I downloaded it today from the AppStore.

I'm going to apply those fixes now and see if they work. I tried to boot a few minutes ago and all I got was a black screen, with no mice and keyboard.

I tried and I get the same. The moment I hit enter to Boot, I get a black screen, the USB drive stops blinking and my mice and keyboard stop working. Well, the fight continues. :D

Edited by insanelysane
  • Like 1

Already installed the FakeSMC.kext? Also don't forget that El Capitan have some problem on USB ports (port restrictions), and may you need to have a patched dsdt. Also try to switch USB ports and SMBIOS (matters).

Already installed the FakeSMC.kext? Also don't forget that El Capitan have some problem on USB ports (port restrictions), and may you need to have a patched dsdt. Also try to switch USB ports and SMBIOS (matters).

FakeSMC.kext is in the EFI/Clover/kexts 10.11 and Other folders. I tried changing USB slots to no avail. No clue where to get a patched DSDT file. I tried following this guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309875-successfully-installed-10112-on-asrock-z170-pro4-i7-6700k-gtx-970/?hl=%2Basrock+%2Bz170+%2Bpro4

This person has the same parts as mine, but I didn't get anywhere.

Well I'll continue reading.

• Like 1

Sure, otherwise Clover will try to load it twice.

Other is used to place kexts that can run in all OSes you have, and FakeSMC is one of them.

In 10.10,10.11, 10.12 etc. you have to place all specific kexts for the respevtive OS. An example is mieze's RealtekRTL8111.kext that have different build for 10.7-10.10 and 10.11 onward, so that you have to place in separate folders :)

• 2 weeks later...