Pandora's Box III

Micky1979

247 posts in this topic

edit2: I just created a bootable USB installer again via createinstallmedia. This time, I installed Clover manually using the package I got from sourceforge. I browse the EFI volume and I noticed that when I installed Clover manually, I have a file called boot. I am pretty sure I never saw a similar file when I used Ares to install Clover.

"boot" is a legacy bootloader and is a  wrapper for BOOTX64.efi (or BOOTIA32.efi), so is normal that Ares does not install it if you did not de-select the relative option:

post-674334-0-11304100-1475417892_thumb.png

for legacy boot like for your motherboard that does not support booting via UEFI:

UEFI boot only must be be deselected

Don't update MBR and PBR sectors must be deselected if you want really install the bootloader if never done before. This option is enabled by default to prevent you to write the Master Boot Record and the Partition Boot Record

Clover installer also has this behavior by default, but records in a plist file what you have done previously. Otherwise what if Ares install by default a legacy bootloader (it write on the master boot record and the partition boot record) if you use a UEFI boot and you don't want?

Basically this is a protection, and it works (even better than Clover package installer). Only users need to know what they want to do :P

Also, the latest bootloader available is 3780, since Ares should download it for you.

edit 3: If I use Ares to install Clover, the boot file is hidden from Finder. If I use the sourceforge package, the boot file is not hidden. So I guess that's not the problem then...

Clover installer is wrong to set it visible IMHO, since from a long time this file is usually hidden since the first installer comes out for Chameleon (same develeopers).

Consider that you cannot accidentally delete the 'boot' file if hidden from the Finder and anyway this does nothing for it to work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello guys,

I've installed Pandora's Box on my El Capitan VM and isn't working for me. First of all, this message is displayed when I open it:

post-1485056-0-39246800-1480947308_thumb.png

I close that window and click on "Create installer" but nothing happens. The button does not works  :wacko:  Any suggestions?

Hello guys,

I've installed Pandora's Box on my El Capitan VM and isn't working for me. First of all, this message is displayed when I open it:

attachicon.gif2016-12-05 15_19_38-Mac OS X El Capitan - VMware Workstation 12 Player (Non-commercial use only).png

I close that window and click on "Create installer" but nothing happens. The button does not works  :wacko:  Any suggestions?

Being AMD you'll need to use one of the newer kernels. There was an issue with SIP on older versions.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

When you select a volume anyway Zeus try to mount the ESP that belong from the disk of the selected volume and on the left you can see info about it, e.g. if have an ESP (so the disk identifier, the mount point ecc.), but also will show you an error if the EFI partition cannot be mounted, usually because is corrupted.

Can you show me that picture after you selected your main HDD?

(after you pressed the arrow button)

Thanks

When you select a volume anyway Zeus try to mount the ESP that belong from the disk of the selected volume and on the left you can see info about it, e.g. if have an ESP (so the disk identifier, the mount point ecc.), but also will show you an error if the EFI partition cannot be mounted, usually because is corrupted.

Can you show me that picture after you selected your main HDD?

(after you pressed the arrow button)

Thanks

Here I just made a video and posted it to youtube 

No problem. You can also click on any volume and Zeus take the step to automatically mount the relative ESP; later when you are ready (kexts selected) you can decide to install one or more kexts in:

/System/Library/Extensions

/Library/Extensions

EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.x or (../Other) inside the target volume or in its ESP

..or in Extra/Extensions if you are using Enoch..

You can install different kexts in different places at the same time! ;)

• 1 month later...

Im using Pandora's v3.035 and for some reason whenever my EFI folder is created it comes out as read-only.

Anyone know what that's about?

http://imgur.com/a/20WuQ

An EFI System partition if formatted in Fat32 (as should be) cannot have owners. That means that your ESP has the wrong filesystem, or that your EFI folder isn't inside the ESP.

Where is your EFI folder?

• 3 months later...

Getting some weird cryptic wall of red text when booting create media install checked and unchecked. Legacy, esp checked, and bootooaf or something checked. Downloaded latest Sierra from the App store.

P55A-UD4P

Core i7 860

PNY GTX 660Ti

8GB Ram

2x Samsung 128GB 830 EVO

2TB Toshiba and 2TB Seagate HDD

post-1268830-0-06616400-1494828496_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...

hey Micky and everybody, just used the Pandora's Box almost latest version. used createinstall to make bootable disk for Sierra 10.12.6, couldn't boot with it - got boot0 errors. i was able to use an earlier Clover bootloader i had installed on a small USB flash drive, so that's not a big problem, and it appears the installer boots up fine, except that i have no USB ports, or at least no rear ports. so i'm wondering if i need to install a USB rollback, perhaps?

Specs are ASUS P8Z77-V-LE Plus /3750K i5, and pretty sure i'm booting with UEFI. i'm mainly interested in the lack of USB at the moment since i do need that to run the installer. any help appreciated!

• 9 months later...

hi..im tring to installa high sierra on my laptop np350v5c..but in verbose mode, the installer quit just before the installer screen..

I tried to launc the installer with -x and GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes but it do not load the installer

hte laptop spacs are

i5-3210m

chipsetHM76 express

video card intel hd 4000 and ati hd7650m

audio realtek alc268vc

wifiatheros ar9485

ethernet rtl8168/8111

can anybody help me to properly sett pandora for my laptop?

Edited by freek

13 minutes ago, freek said:

hi..im tring to instal high sierra on my laptop np350v5c..but in verbose mode, the installer quit just before the installer screen..

I tried to launc the installer with -x and GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes but it do not load the installer

hte laptop spacs are

i5-3210m

chipsetHM76 express

video card intel hd 4000 and ati hd7650m

audio realtek alc268vc

wifiatheros ar9485

ethernet rtl8168/8111

can anybody help me to properly sett pandora for my laptop?