Pandora's Box III

Micky1979

247 posts in this topic

You know, I love mythology, so now Ares is here :D

Ares is the Bootloader Manager for Enoch and Clover almost in each part, in fact this app is able to install both booter in each supported partitions and can work with the desired ESP alone... 

For Enoch:

can edit the org.chameleon.Boot.plist, the kernel.plist, the SMBios.plist and install modules.

For Clover:

can install in UEFI only  or in Legacy mode (you can choose now the boot0xg instead of boot0af to solve problem described by carbo178 here).

The news for Pandora is the new Clover config Editor:

About Hermes

Now Hermes produces two untouched installers (Vanilla), one with "restore" method, and one with "createinstallmedia" method.

For both of them no one changes are made by Hermes, i.e. no kexts (even the FakeSMC) or the bootloader are automatically added!

Why?

In 2016 both Enoch and Clover (also Ozmosis and Revoboot) are able to run the prelinked kernel, so that user has no need to do additional steps.

No one can stop you to add your preferred bootloader or your needed extensions.

For beginners: do not forget to install the FakeSMC.kext somewere, this is the minimum requirement to run OSX on non Apple computers!

About the Clover config Editor

The code is new and I do not pretend that everything is ok now, just hope you will present me bugs, questions and remarks. The development here has just started

About Pandora's Box

Actually the OS deployment target is set to Mavericks since in Lion and Mountain Lion Apple has a bed management of the EFI partition.

I'm working on a solution since the new app does not use any script or package and everything is done in code. I'm at 95% done on older OSes backward compatibility, and soon you will be able to run PB3 on 10.7 and 10.8!

• Like 2

About WebKinTosh

is a web browser, here you can find hot Topics under "Usefull links", but also videos on "how to" do things with Pandora.

JahStories made the first video, Pandora 3 videoWiki, available at our Youtube channel. Open WebKinTosh this way:

post-674334-0-79901300-1457183000.png

and this is the result:

post-674334-0-87739300-1457183405.png

• Like 3

Great job Micky :thumbsup_anim: 
I tested the installer of El Capitan in UEFI mode on my desktop and Legacy Mode on the notebook, according to the results of these tests, it was possible to install Clover Legacy ESP in my notebook, which was not possible before at first try.
With the addition of boot0xg in Clover options, who has a notebook with Phoenix Tiano Secure Core Bios can use this option that ensures the correct installation of the bootloader (see the picture below).

Clover Legacy.png
The app's interface is intuitive and easy to use, you can create the pendrive with createinstallmedia method or with the "traditional" method; this meets all the needs of users, for example, if you have to replace the kernel or delete some kext it can be accomplished by choosing the traditional method .
The new app called Ares is responsible for installing of the bootloader and on its configuration. Before installing the app notify the availability of the updated version and proceed to the download if required.
The boot configuration is simplified by the presence of a configurator for the Clover config.plist, with the ability to create an SMBIOS ad hoc (Micky have been added latest Mac models in the SMBIOS database).

The great idea to implement other apps or have a direct access to Clover wiky and other links from the Pandora's interface allows customization and finalizing the Installer and post-install unique of its kind, no other tool is so complete.

• Like 4

Well done!

Finally, with this latest update, there is a All In One tool that gives us an easy but deep way to manage everything in our hackintosh, with embedded patchers as well as theme editors, we'll not need to download another tool again.

About the videowiky, stay tuned, something big may happen soon!

• Like 2

hi guys

this is an amazing tool

But, nevertheless, damage to Enoch
Obligation to enter the information by hand to boot.plist and kernel.plist.
Is it possible to do with as Clover: the check box and / or drag and drop

post-1181448-0-84663500-1457365156_thumb.png

post-1181448-0-97550800-1457365170_thumb.png

hi guys

this is an amazing tool

Thanks  :)

But, nevertheless, damage to Enoch

Obligation to enter the information by hand to boot.plist and kernel.plist.

Is it possible to do with as Clover: the check box and / or drag and drop

Sir, I was thinking that was cool enough :P.

By hand is reductive, you have these (those?) facilities?

org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

post-674334-0-99943800-1457373157.png

kernel.plist:

post-674334-0-07383600-1457373172.png

modules:

post-674334-0-88068000-1457373193.png

SMBios.plist:

post-674334-0-24058200-1457373204.png

The differents between Enoch and Clover is that is more easy to setup. The Clover's config file have a lot of nodes/entries and its objects for the relative keys can be string, data, number, bool (also for the same key you can use "number" or string, data or string, bool as string or bool as number).

Enoch instead use only "string" and have no subnodes to parse.

Really you want checkboxes? :cry:  :cry:  :no:  :cry:  :cry:   (me cry   :hysterical: )

Bro, any video? :yes:

• Like 1

Hey guys, just want some explaining and what this means for me. I saw this on the front page of the site.

I've been doing Hackintosh since like 10.7. I used Tonymacx86 tools for the longest of times up until I started studying up on development and realized what Tonymacx86 is doing and how the tools function by loading junk with their ##### & Chameleon Bootloader garbage. I switched to Clover installs, manually creating my Config files, creating EFI partiions, and loading my kexts and that worked great. Then Tonymacx86 announced they will be completely dropping their suite of software in favor for just an automated version of the Clover install method. ##### now only installs kexts as opposed to before & ##### only just creating a simple Clover flash drive (all its really doing is just saving you the manual tedious terminal work).

But now what does this do? Any explaination as to whats going on behind the scenes? Motives for using this on my next install or possibly even current install instead of the Tonymacx86 version?

I switched to Clover installs, manually creating my Config files, creating EFI partiions, and loading my kexts and that worked great. 

1) Good, so you must thank at least Clover developers, or you are involved in development?

I've been doing Hackintosh since like 10.7. I used Tonymacx86 tools for the longest of times up until I started studying up on development and realized what Tonymacx86 is doing and how the tools function by loading junk with their [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] & Chameleon Bootloader garbage. 

2) they lose Chimera because he could not copy Enoch (say Enoch because it easy to clone as they done before since it is a branch of Chameleon, otherwise to make it work just need to copy what Pike do in revoboot).

...and they are still waiting ->#3  and here -> #6  (not true that Enoch is very different from Chameleon instead it is much like Enoch, since it has always been updated importing by Enoch branch since last 3/4 years among with Bungo branch)

3) Clover is born from Chameleon (or at least a lot of code from it), and I dont know why you call it "garbage", it seem you miss some respect here (I guess you should not, otherwise you have to demostrate your skill in making a better bootloader.. not only use it, right?)

##### now only installs kexts as opposed to before & ##### only just creating a simple Clover flash drive (all its really doing is just saving you the manual tedious terminal work).

4) Me I want do the opposite, create an installer, but no bootloaders automatically installed. Why? Chameleon and Clover are not the only bootloaders that can run OSX, so why force users? Another reason is that you can run an installer only by plug the USB stick containing it an run it from your already installed bootloader.

The same for the kexts. If someone miss to install the FakeSMC.kext is the proof that the brain is not yet connected to the "goal".. the easiest thing was not understood .

Also, here on insanelymac all are able to create an installer, but Hermes mission is to please lazy peoples (Intended to save time), but also to demostrate that is not a magician what someone else want make  appear. Additionally users can see on a real interface whats going on.

But now what does this do? Any explaination as to whats going on behind the scenes?

5) What scene? I'm not a singer :P

Motives for using this on my next install or possibly even current install instead of the Tonymacx86 version?

6) Sorry but what kind of question is this? you don't have to pay before try :hysterical:. I'm not gelous if you continue to use tonymac tools  :D.

Anyway I'm sure you can do this using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]:

- install Enoch  receive updates when available

- Install Clover in both UEFI and legacy mode. receive updates when available

- mount all EFI partition you have in your System and see detailed info like the parent disk which it belong before choosing it.

- install kexts where you want like in SLE, LE, Extra/Extensions, EFI/CLOVER/kexts or in any OEM sub folders (no matter if Clover is installed in the ESP) at same time.

- search for the right NVIDIA web driver for the current system and install them.

- install voodoohda or patch AppleHDA.kext for conexant, IDT, ALC and VIA codecs (and edit the clover config at same time)

- choose the FakeSMC from slice or kozlek branch.

- ability to update the entire app​.

- create/update/upgrade or even downgrade the Recovery HD partition.

- create an installer and apply to it the MBR patch or add a different kernel.

- edit the config.plist or generate it (w/o samples), watch the Clover WIKI and learn how to do things before ask, have a base64 converter, create a new OEM sub dir, load any image from the filesystem and convert it into a supported format for Clover (customLogo in "data" form), get the length of any ACPI table, generate MLB and ROM, generate SMBIOS serial number, generate SMBIOS for more than 60 different mac models, get a new randomly generated UUID.

- having a web browser to navigate the forum or to see videos

- more

So the choice is your, off course Pandora's Box III is 3 days old, maybe need a good debugging :)

• Like 5

This looks awesome!!!! 

I already stumbled upon an error though.. I followed every step in the video to the letter... After saving my config file to CLOVER in EFI, I relaunched the program, tried to mount the ESP (the video shows to select the pen drive/USB... but only my harddrive shows up). 

What should I do? Thanks in advance.

**EDIT: I relaunched and rebooted my OS X Virtual Box. My USB now shows up in the list.

ImYk4A0.png

• Like 1

hi..

which is the diference at Hermes ,checking "createinstallmedia" or not ?

as it does a job..anyway..

c.frio

The differents is that with "createinstallmedia" create an USB installer in a Apple way, so the "createinstallmedia" command placed for example inside

"Install OS X El Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia"

is responsible to create the OSX installer like in real Mac (exactly for Mac). This is runnable by any real Mac because is Vanilla (Enoch, Clover, Ozmosis, Revoboot are able to run it).

With "createinstallmedia" option disabled the installer created is done by restoring the BaseSystem.dmg to your pen drive, so this kind of installer have /System/Library/Extensions and /System/LibraryKernels/kernel (or /mach_kernel in older OSes) so that user are able to patch or add their kexts directly there and than run the kernel instead of the kernelcache. This is usefull with Enoch that actually can't patch kexts (when this is strictly necessary). Strictly necessaried for AMD CPU.

Both are good to install OSX

• Like 1

Sure.
1) Your start-up volume must be formatted with GPT because MBR partition table is not allowed.
2) The Apple app (like "Install OS X El Capitan.app") that contains the specific OSX version with which the new RecoveryHD partition will be created is required.
3) the first time the Hera require an active internet connection to download a specific file from Apple.

mark as active the "Allow Download" checkbox  and find the desired app you have as below:

post-674334-0-00139000-1457699004_thumb.png

hi,

i got to this window. It just say "checking now for the OS X version".... and nothing else?

thank you

Sure.
1) Your start-up volume must be formatted with GPT because MBR partition table is not allowed.
2) The Apple app (like "Install OS X El Capitan.app") that contains the specific OSX version with which the new RecoveryHD partition will be created is required.
3) the first time the Hera require an active internet connection to download a specific file from Apple.

mark as active the "Allow Download" checkbox  and find the desired app you have as below:

attachicon.gifHera.png

post-841174-0-48425600-1457751264_thumb.png

post-841174-0-84247000-1457751265_thumb.png

@3square thanks for pointing me out to this.

I'v made a mistake: Hera.app released was running in debug mode activated, meaning he stop working at the point you see voluntarily.... I forgot to disable it before release and it Is not a bug, but is only working in a test mode when I run it in Xcode and basically do nothing.

I'm going to upload a new version (r3.002) fully enabled.

@3square Hera is now updated with debug mode set to off.

To update the app open Pandora's Box and select "Check for updates" and install it. The update is fast, so please test again with Hera, thanks.

• Like 2

@3square Hera is now updated with debug mode set to off.

To update the app open Pandora's Box and select "Check for updates" and install it. The update is fast, so please test again with Hera, thanks.

thank you! for your work and your prompt response/update!

edit:

have tried it and worked. awesome sauce

Edited by 3square
  • Like 1