[Solved]Marvell Yukon 88E8055 only works in safe mode or after reboot

bean88

1 post in this topic

updates,   the issue  can be work around by deleting /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/StartupIOKitPersonalities_x86_64.ioplist.gz  every time before the computer is shut down.  so I put in a logout  script, and problem solved. :)

Hi, I just upgraded my system to El Capitan(btw, huge mistake) and finally got most thing work except for the ethernet.

After a normal boot up system would only recognize and pass the yukon 88e8055 right after the driver was installed in /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11. Ethernet will still work if the laptop was rebooted right after a successful one.  However if the laptop was shut down completely, it will definitely fail after boot. Interesting thing is, if the laptop was booted into the safe mode, ethernet always works.  So, in order to have my ethernet work, I have to boot my laptop into safe mode first and then reboot into normal mode. 

this is the log info after successful boot:

Mar  3 21:07:21 localhost kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: "Yukon 88E8055 Debug info: init"
Mar  3 21:07:25 MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: AppleYukon2: Marvell Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8056 Singleport Copper SA
Mar  3 21:07:25 MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: AppleYukon2: RxRingSize <= 1024, TxRingSize 256, RX_MAX_LE 1024, TX_MAX_LE 768, ST_MAX_LE 3328
Mar  3 21:07:27 MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Ethernet [AppleYukon2]: Link up on en0, 1-Gigabit, Full-duplex, Symmetric flow-control, Debug [796d,af08,0de1,0200,cde1,2c00]

the first line was debug info put in _DSM method. log info after  a fail boot is as following,

Mar  3 21:03:09 localhost kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: "Yukon 88E8055 Debug info: init"
Mar  3 21:03:14 MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: AppleYukon2: RxRingSize <= 1024, TxRingSize 256, RX_MAX_LE 1024, TX_MAX_LE 768, ST_MAX_LE 3328
Mar  3 21:03:17 MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: AppleYukon2: 00000000,00000000 Yukon2Power - sk98osx_dnet::leavePower - wait for PMStop failed

I compare the kexts loaded in both conditions  following table list kexts that are not loaded in safe mode:

com.apple.kec.Libm
com.darwin.driver.ACPIBacklight
com.apple.vecLib.kext
com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily
com.apple.iokit.IOFireWireAVC
com.m-audio.driver.firewire
com.apple.driver.AppleUSBAudio
com.apple.ATIRadeonX2000
com.apple.driver.AppleUpstreamUserClient
com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily
com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController
com.apple.iokit.IOFireWireIP
com.apple.iokit.IOSlowAdaptiveClockingFamily
com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSlowAdaptiveClocking
com.apple.driver.AppleHV
com.apple.driver.corecapture
com.apple.driver.CoreCaptureResponder
com.apple.iokit.IOSerialFamily
com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothSerialManager
com.apple.driver.AppleOSXWatchdog
com.apple.iokit.IOUserEthernet
com.apple.driver.pmtelemetry
com.apple.kext.OSvKernDSPLib
com.apple.driver.DspFuncLib
com.apple.driver.AppleHDA
com.apple.filesystems.ntfs
com.apple.filesystems.msdosfs 

In attachment are my DSDT, ioregistry and lspci info. Please can someone help me with the situation?

MacbookPro5,1.zip