El Capitan - AMD Radeon 7670M Post Installation Help Needed

king_and1

4 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

Specs : 

Laptop:       Toshiba Satellite L850  
Processor:  8-Core 2,4 GHz Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz
Graphics :   AMD Radeon 7670M

I´ve managed to install El Capitan on my Toshiba L850 but now I´ve got problems with Graphics. icon_neutral.gif

I´ve used the EL Pwn Version.dmg provided by this tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjTLYJXM8u4

The created bootable stick loads up the Darwin Bootloader and I was able to get into the OSX Installation without boot options or boot flags.
post-1679727-0-44050600-1456961289_thumb.jpg

After the Apple boot logo, my external Monitor plugged in via HDMI started to work and I went through the installation process without errors. Also full GPU acceleration was working.

After Installation I started my El Capitan Volume (Untitled) with the USB stick (Darwin Bootloader) without boot options or flags
post-1679727-0-56726200-1456961264_thumb.jpg

and recognized that my GPU was working fine with full acceleration and HDMI and also "About this Mac" was showing the right specs:

post-1679727-0-38368700-1456961226_thumb.jpg

After I´ve installed the Clover Bootloader to boot without USB my Graphics are not working properly anymore. Only internal Monitor but no HMDI is working. Graphic Acceleration is also not fully working as windows are moving laggy. Under "About this Mac" Graphics only shows "Display 4MB".

As long as I use the Installation USB with Darwin Bootloader to boot into my El Capitan OS , the AMD Radeon Graphics are working fine. HDMI is working properly and I am able to use a external monitor. The memory right and full acceleration is working.

I´ve also tried to boot Clover with LoadVBios=true flag , and second time with the LoadVBios option checked in Boot Options at clover Boot Screen but nothing changed.

Could you please try help me out here ?

Thanks in advantage !

@Hervé

Thanks for your reply , I will go through it and see If I missed somethink .

Because I´ve already tried installing the Enoch Loader , also with editing the org.chameleon.plist and kernel.plist . I´ve used CSRActive - 103 . Is this right ? If not how do I know which setting is correct ?

But I´m not able to boot into Enoch without the Usb stick anyway ...  I´ve tried CSM Boot & UEFI , but booth did not work. Which one is the correct one ?

Anyway , Do you maybe know why the Enoch don´t boot ?

Thanks !

I´ve followed this tutorial for Enoch -> http://osxarena.com/2015/10/guide-install-el-capitan-on-hackintosh-pc-with-chameleon-bootloader-vanilla-installation-method/

But I changed Location to my OSX HDD of course ;)

This is what I get when I try booting into Enoch without USB :

post-1679727-0-66760400-1457020558_thumb.jpg

ok, this is the way I´ve managed it to boot from HDD, download binarios chameleon folder i386
1. open the folder i386 and copy boot1h for your USBInstaller.
2. boot from USBinstaller and go for utilities and open app Terminal
3. type diskutil list for identified your disk and partition where you installed of system ML = "(i.e: disk0s2)"
4. type diskutil unmount disk0s2
5. type cd /
6. type dd if=boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2 bs=4096
7. reboot
in steep 6 put your disk and partition "(i.e disk0s2 "), see your

Now I´ve got a working bootable OSX with full Graphics Acceleration x)