Intel HD Graphics 3000 not working on OS X Yosemite 10.10

skrub

20 posts in this topic

Alright so I got Niresh's build of OS X Yosemite 10.10 installed on my laptop. Everything seems to work and I don't need safe mode to boot into the graphical environment. However, the mouse is extremely laggy, I have no QE/CI, and my resolution is locked to 1024x768 when I have a 1366x768 screen.

System report claims I have 3mb VRAM when I know I should have more than that. No kexts were loaded. When I boot into verbose everything seems to work, but the last few lines before the login screen appears are:

DSMOS has arrived
[iOBluetoothHCIController][staticBluetoothTransportShowsUp] -- Received Bluetooth Controller register service notification -- 0xd800
[iOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed
[iOBluetoothHCIController::setConfigState] calling registerService
**** [iOBluetoothHCIController][ProcessBluetoothTransportShowsUpActionWL] -- Connected to the transport successfully -- 0x2580 -- 0xc800 -- 0xd800 ****

SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload
SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload

I have read different posts on this site and others, new kexts, deleting kexts, and even DSDT edits don't work. I've uploaded images of my Hardware Overview, OS X version and Graphics information below, along with a zip containing my entire kernel log and my system DSDT, only patched with this:

Link removed - Please read our Rules.
(MaciASL wouldn't let me save it with the errors) Please help.

post-1161379-0-42661000-1456781969_thumb.jpg

post-1161379-0-56732100-1456781989_thumb.jpg

post-1161379-0-21653500-1456782030_thumb.jpg

Files.zip

Edited by Allan
Tony's links removed.

So the error no longer appears at boot, but I still have 1024x768 resolution and no QE/CI. My graphics are now identified as "Display" and still with 3mb RAM as shown in the screenshots.

post-1161379-0-88767900-1456812865_thumb.png

post-1161379-0-19313600-1456813048_thumb.png

What bootloader are you using?

Post more informations about your hardware please. E.g:

CPU: Intel Core i7 3210M (Ivy Bridge) | GPU: Intel Graphics 4000 | RAM: 16GB | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-M PRO | Chipset: Intel® Z77 | Audio: VoodooHDA 

Try this: DSDT.zip

Allan,

I've taken your example and filled it with my information. My motherboard doesn't have an identifier though.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2640M (Sandy Bridge) | GPU: Integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000 | RAM: 8GB | Mobo: Not sure, I'm using a laptop. | Chipset: Mobile Intel® HM65 Express Chipset

(Intel® BD82HM65 PCH) | Audio: VoodooHDA, no sound though. Hardware is ALC272

I'll try the DSDT you uploaded later, my battery's dead.

Allan,

Nothing seems to be working, with the DSDT you uploaded I still get the same error. I'm mostly only concerned about the "SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload" It appears twice, the first time it appears nothing happens for about 30 seconds and the second time, the mouse cursor appears right after and the login screen appears.

Thanks, my installation is now reporting battery information.

It turns out that System Information will only identify my HD3000 when I use GraphicsEnabler=Yes instead of IGPEnabler, (I'm using Chameleon, Clover stops booting halfway and there's no kernel panic or information that seems to help) So any IGP related DSDT edits may not work. They will probably have to use the GFX0 device name.

• Like 1

Using GraphicsEnabler=No does the same thing IGPEnabler=Yes does, my GPU is identified as "Display" and I have 3mb VRAM.

Deleting the GraphicsEnabler=Yes boot-flag and using your DSDT still gives me the SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload. I've tried several boot-flags, including -f and nothing works. It seems however that Yosemite will ONLY identify my HD3000 using GraphicsEnabler=Yes, anything else and it shows up as "Display" in System Information.

Never once have I booted up my Yosemite installation with working QE/CI. I can't get my native 1366x768 resolution working, and I'm stuck at 1024x768. QE/CI works in Mountain Lion but I'm trying to get it working on Yosemite because a lot of programs I use need 10.9 or higher (Please don't recommend for me to use 10.9 or 10.8, I'm trying to get this installation to be compatible with my iPhone and the latest Apple programs)

oi mate. you may have a problem with this crappy distro. intel hd3k with hm65 should work with mbp8,1 smbios and GE=Y. if the distro tries to patch things that must be the cause.

btw, if you removed intelhd kexts to install, they will have no info.plist and will never work.

if nothing else works, you may need to inject edid from the monitor.

So should I use an alternative distro, or try a vanilla install? I'll try and inject the EDID first though.

Yup, mendietinha was right, it was a bad distro indeed. Just used a flash drive to make a vanilla Yosemite install from my partially working one. All is good now, I have working QE/CI with 1366x768 resolution.

• Like 1