10.4.8 without HPET/NX and SSE2

semthex

281 posts in this topic

i dont get what this exactly it does, can some just explain what it does, that would be great. im no noob but god someone please explain. , is their no more needs of patched updates once the KErnel is in. An explanation would be great.

so when that is done, how will this be useable, as on "the register" website they say that the GUI is inoperable as of yet.

That is just because of a missing piece, that will be injected later. Without this missing piece, the kernel is

legal. Releases would be illegal as usual, then.

does this mean that the new kernel will be injected into a released version of 10.4.8 that we can all use with GUI

Yes :)

and then allow it to boot without using hacked files and decryptors?

The files has to be decrypted as in previous releases, too. The difference is that we can use a new kernel

instead of the old one. But it still will be hacked and patched, especially for AMD.

Can't wait to see it :D

The files has to be decrypted as in previous releases, too. The difference is that we can use a new kernel

instead of the old one. But it still will be hacked and patched, especially for AMD.

Can't wait to see it :D

i knew it was something along those lines =)

almost like an xbox firmware hack "it's out! but we don't know where to find it... oh by the way.. click here!"

hahhahahahahah

wicked.

<3

so now we dont need to use the 10.4.4 kernel or whatever it is now, right?

sveeeeeeeeet

will this be possible on 10.5 leopard as well then? or is that the underlying reason why everyone is all hyped up to begin with?! :)

I reconize the poem is already in commpage.c? I just reconized it very quick when opening the file, is it disabled, so we manually have to enabled it or something? (xnu-1048-semthex_2_.zip)

i think so too :P

but the poem is not the original one... and the position i think is also wrong :P

Eightballbill, did you by chance script the build process? Can someone please inform those of us lacking... how to get kernel 8.8.x ??? (and if someone can share a build script that would be cool as well)

congratulations semthex :dance_24:

great work !

yesterday i was reading this and the site colapse .

this is getting too much atention .

:gathering:

aniway .Since i first installed OSx i found the poem and i didnt get what it meant.

but now its all clear .

AMD im on my way!