10.4.8 without HPET/NX and SSE2

semthex

281 posts in this topic

Ok, the ratrace between Mifki(Vitaly) and myself is over now, he foudn the kext to exchange a bit earlier. Congratulations.

It was a head on head thought, lol and a very exciting task, since this preasure made us both work harder I think. I don't wanted it to be a "race" at all but it ended up that lol ok.

With my source tree all you HPET less and NX less people may be happy since I removed it also during development.

Now have fun with the release, my sourcetree is 100% legal release according to APSL since I don't want to get in legal trouble with Apple. It does NOT include r2d2 and the "magic poem" since it would be illegal but bad boys know how to add don't you? But remember it's bad to pirate software.

More infos and source in a few minutes at my blog:

If you want to support further development (AMD enabling etc.) you may want to klick some adds on my blog.

Thanks to everyone watchin, see you soon, maybe with another cat! :)

UPDATE: SOURCES RELEASED UNDER APSL!

Congrats, semthex!!! You and mifki are sort of like identical twins in all this, and one coming out a few seconds before the other is more a random happening than anything that means anything. I'm looking forward to playing with your kernel as soon as someone is kind enough to build it from your sources.

@jrrjrr: lol it was almost a race :-D

I got the compage fix done earliert than him, also the last fix was fixed almost yesterday but it didn't work for me and testers cause we couldn't find the right smbios setup. Already bin edited it and stuff lol. Btw. if you don't belive ask Jas/rufus they tested the sources with all patches all day long :-)

With the information which kext to use we foudn out we made a mistake with the setup, too sad :-/

It was muc fun at all even if there was some trouble, it enjoyed it somehow :-D

Nice work! Is SSE3 automatically removed, or can you choose not to remove it when you compile a custom kernel?

I think the majority of people with Intel processors need a kernel that still has SSE3 intact, but without HPET and no NX. A 2nd kernel should be compiled for those who only have SSE2. I don't see the point in removing SSE3 from the kernel if the processor can handle the instructions anyway.

Until somebody takes screenshots, I'm going to hold of a bit.

Th eTPM was removed in "commpage.c", you'll sure find it there. For KErnel Build instructions, look at Skredii's blog.

I've searched the forums, your sources, the apple sources, and google for 'commpage.c'

I've also run through the instructions on Skredii's blog a few times.

I know you don't want to get into trouble but might to be able to point us in the right direction? I managed to compile a kernel, but without knowing what 'commpage.c' is I'm not really getting anywhere.

thanks for your work, this isn't a complaint, I'm just lost... :)

WOW, amazing work guys!!

So, when I have a working 10.4.8 (updated from Jas 10.4.7), do I have to replace all the current kexts with new ones from the original 10.4.8 Combo update with the new kernel?

EDIT: I found info about the kext thing on macgeeks blog. Seems like you need a unpatched 10.4.4 install, then you have to update to 10.4.8 with Apple Combo-Update (no patches!) and then replace the kernel and install the decrypt kext. Haven't tried myself yet, but will shortly.

The magic poem is already around. It is basiclly a decrypth hex-salt representing some wise "words", it is 256 Byte long and it was around once before but Apple ever declinded it existance.

this commpage.c is a file in the source tree, fidn it, open it and try to find the "magicpoem" or let's say the place where it can be inserted.