nothing interesting here

Vitaliy

221 posts in this topic

Vitality , I have your kernel working now on my no nx pc , the issue was that for some reason it was not decrypting the binaries,using the 4.8 decrypts solved this issue,

I also have semthex's kernel working in the gui as well,but work great and good job to you both :angel:

next I will try and add in the agpgart driver :blink: fun times lol

xbench is at 75 .

put the MacOSXUpdCombo10.4.8Intel.dmg to the JaS.10.4.8 and update mach_kernel & AppleSMBIOS.kext work good, need to recheck kext files for ATI RADEON X1600XT , my question is the new hardware is supported? like NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT.

UDPATE: 10.4.8 Kernel work fast on Duo Processors? right?

think so no have audio, need to reinstall the sigmatel kext!

Vitality , I have your kernel working now on my no nx pc , the issue was that for some reason it was not decrypting the binaries,using the 4.8 decrypts solved this issue,

Jas, i'm having the same problem. I wish I've read this before, I've reinstalled 3 times by now. How do I install the 10.4.8 decrypts? Copying the "special" kext to the Extensions folder will be enough?

Guest bikedude880

Have a couple problems with semthex kernel:

First off: The ZD1211b drivers cause the system to hang when the device is plugged in (USB)

Second: About this Mac logs out and logs back in... no cpu info in System Profiler

But those are just small inconveniences... xbench jumped from ~100 to 139

Nothing special about this system :angel:

I've also installed the delta update from JaS.

Can you show us how you made it to the desktop? :)

I have installed the original APPLE 10.4.8 combo update.

Before it restarts I copied the mach_kernel to it´s place and the avaiable kext to the extensions folder.

Repaired permissions, rebooted and voilá!

I think its said.

The best way:

Install it on a fresh partion using 10.4.4 and then update with apple intel combo 10.4.8, install kernel (+smbios kext) and voilá!

it works for me also...

but my gma950 doesnt load right. i have qe/ci but i lost resolution change.

and i cant open "about this mac"

and in xbench i lost much points on processor speed. from 130 to 80 points :idea:

any known issues on that?

but great work!

Obviously 10.4.4 has a kernel that works fine without hacking? I have a jas 10.4.6 dvd. That will do the job or should i wait for a new 10.4.8 dvd from jas. Keep in mind i have a sse2 cpu.

We are all using a hacked version of the 10.4.4 kernel. Attempts have been made to get a newer kernel hacked and working and those efforts have finally paid off.

JaS 10.4.6 has hacked 10.4.4 kernels for SSE3 and SSE2. Be sure to select SSE2 in the Customize window in order to get the correct kernel.

I have installed the original APPLE 10.4.8 combo update.

Before it restarts I copied the mach_kernel to it´s place and the avaiable kext to the extensions folder.

Repaired permissions, rebooted and voilá!

What do you mean by 'available kext' ?

1. It works...Beautiful life of Hackintoshi.....

Thanks Vitaliy, Jas, Kiko,,,,,,,,,,,,

But New Kernel seems to be not to allowed Koverg's patch for QE/CI.

Without Koverg's patch is O.k.

My System Information is as followings.

Intel Pentium4 Prescot 511(2.6GHZ)/DDR2 SAMSUNG 512M/MSI 945P Neo2-F/ATI Radeon X550 EVERTOP 256MB/ SAMSUNG S-ATA 80G 7200rpm P80SD/1024x768@60/

---- SATA H.D.D is O.K.

2. I try to install IDE H.D.D. I have blue screen with unmovable mouse. T T

Oh lord, I think I'm going crazy. I've repeated the process 4 times using Vitaliy's kernel and still cannot pass the "bluescreen with working cursor" hang.

This is what I did: A fresh install with 10.4.6 Jas DVD (I have no more the 10.4.4 DVD, I threw it away :poster_oops: ) with NO hacks installed. Then applied the official 10.4.8 Combo update from Apple. Then copied the new kernel, the SMBIOS kext, fixed owner and permissions... and still no go! WTF I am doing wrong??? I see everybody else is enjoying the new kernel!

I've read Jas talking about copying the "10.4.8 decrypts" to get this baby working, but I swear I've tried hard and I cannot find such a thing. What I did was to put the rd2rd.kext into the Extensions folder which obviously didn't work.

Please help!! I really want to use Vitaliy's instead Semthex's. I have the feeling that is the right choice for my setup (D945GNTL, Pentium D 830).