nothing interesting here

Vitaliy

221 posts in this topic

Just updated.

Wow. I'm really surprised this worked.

1. Backed up

2. Repaired permissions

3. Installed 10.4.8 combo update direct from Apple

4. Before pushing restart at the end of the update, I dropped in the latest mifki mach_kernel (overwrote the one in / for those who are noobs), replaced /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBios.kext with the one included in the mifki package, and replaced AppleIntelFrameBuffer.kext with the 10.4.4 one.

5. Repaired permissions again

6. Clicked restart in the updater.

7. First bootup the disk churned for a while, then it rebooted automatically. Seemed like the norm anyways since this happens on my real Mac as well.

8. Booted right up to the login screen! Everything seems to work great, except for the standard "About this Mac" screen.

Wow. That was a rush. Now my Bluetooth headset shows as an output in sound, and I can use it in iChat as well!

I had 10.4.6 JaS previously installed on an Asus P5LD2-VM motherboard based system. Pentium D 920, 2GB RAM, yada yada yada. I still don't have regular sound, I guess the updater updated AppleAzaliaAudio.kext as well, I'll have to edit the plist for that and get it back.

:D

Thanks!

The fsb= option still seems necessary with the latest Vitaly kernel(2). Asus P5LD2-VM (rev 2) and C2D6300

My ATI X1900XT works with CI/QE. No DVI, will test Gigabyte Silent X1600 for DVI.

Strangely, only the lower (closer to mainboard) DVI (using VGA adapter) offers the 1650x1080 resolution option on the 1900.

Website is up now! (If not shows the new content, clear your Cache!) Please give a feedback in the related thread!

Where is the other thread?

G

Guest goodtime
err isnt working for me =\

1. i installed 10.4.4 raw to new formated drive

2. update offical 10.4.8 patch to the 10.4.4 raw

3. put the new kernal & 4.4 smBios

then when reboot, i'll get "chain booting error"

it looks like darwin isnt there, the loader is gone or damage.

any ideas?

Did you make it a Primary Partition when you created the Partition?

GT

watch the usual places tonight for something special, for intel sse3 users,with or without nx and hpet :D I smell some clean fresh installs on the horizon.

On a side note ,with the this install method my radeon 9600 can wake the monitor after it goes to sleep without issue.

watch the usual places tonight for something special, for intel sse3 users,with or without nx and hpet :D I smell some clean fresh installs on the horizon.

On a side note ,with the this install method my radeon 9600 can wake the monitor after it goes to sleep without issue.

Great looking forward for it :D

Thanks JaS!! Arrrrrrrr

watch the usual places tonight for something special, for intel sse3 users,with or without nx and hpet :( I smell some clean fresh installs on the horizon.

THANK YOU, JaS!

It's gonna be a fun weekend :dev:

I've been pretty sick these past 2 weeks with a bout of the flu. Getting pretty tired now.

I was going to wait for JaS's disk and installer, and decided to hose my system, while waiting.

I have a JaS 10.4.6 installation, which I upgraded to JaS 10.4.7, then upgraded to JaS 10.4.8 Intel SSE3. That's my starting point, only because that's what I had on the machine.

I upgraded to the Apple 10.4.8 combo update, replaced the kernel with mifki's kernel, replaced the smbios and intelintegratedframebuffer kexts. repaired permissions, removed the kext cache and rebooted

All seems to be well, profiler says 10.4.8, kernel 8.8.1, iTunes 7 runs, xBench before the upgrade was 105.39 and after it is 109.68

thanks to mifki for the kernel, and everyone for their hard work in figuring out how to install this.

oh, my system is a D945GNTL, D920, 1GB RAM, 160GB SATA, Pioneer 110D, GMA950, Viewsonic 2025 lcd.

so off i go to get some rest, BTW, do you smell something? what's that in the air?

I installed 10.4.8 JAS SSE2 and things work good. However, I am having 2 issues:

1) The activity monitor application does not show CPU or memory utilization (when I do a top it is fine). CPU is reported as 100% IDLE and Memory is 0% utilized in the Activity Monitor.

2) I am not able to reboot into single user mode to issue the update_prebinding command. When I do the Command-s during boot up it actually takes me to safe mode. When I try to issue the update-prebinding command, I get weird errors..

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated and thanks for all of the hard work!

take care -

Haven't crashed yet on the new kernel. Onboard LAN works after using the 10.4.6 IOFamily.kext. Sigmatel sound works after rerunning the Sigmatel pkg from JaS 10.4.6 Airport works after rerunning wireless support pkg from Jas 10.4.6.

EDIT: Frambufferkext not only fixed resolutions, but sleep issue as well....... :whistle:

EDIT#2: A better solution to the Rosetta fix would be nice.....

• 2 weeks later...