Amd Fx6300 Black Edition Yosemite reboots issue

Blaggah

15 posts in this topic

I apologize in advance if this may have been discussed or solved previously but I've got an issue with my build and was wondering if someone could shed some light.

My Specs: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3

16 Gigs DDR3 1600Mhz Ram

240GB Crucial SSD

MSI GTX 750 TI OC GPU.

I managed to install with clover by using these boot args: kext-dev-mode=1 nv_disable=1 npci=0x3000 USBBusFix=Yes -v

That's the only i was able to boot fully with my MSI GTX 750 Ti OC card. So the problem continues, after the installation ran the exact same boot args then select main partition, it just hangs for a couple seconds then reboot.  I figured the kernel might have not been copied properly so i took the ssd out and connect it via adapter to access it on this Optiplex 755 hackintosh, and copied over the kernel again. I'll tinker around with it to see what could be causing the problem.

where you have installed the amd kernel, in which folder?

probably was the vanilla kernel booted?
I have a little experience with clover bootloader, but when I've tested clover bootloader... I have installed my amd kernel in Clover/kexts/10.10 and in to S/L/kernels.

good luck!

I have no experience with AMD Hackintosh whatsoever and eHacker was the one who initially helped getting started with the usb installer. I created a folder called Kernels inside System/Library/Kernels with the amd kernel inside of it.  I believe I used the 10.10.5_SSEPlus_v2 kernel.

I've only used the kernel folder how I mentioned above so do I have to place the kernel inside the Clover/Kexts/10.10 folder as well? I'm a little lost as I'm not sure If I have to do both.  That's right after installation as I haven't even had the chance to setup the OS.

I've installed Yosemite 10.5 just a week ago on a FX 6300, so I can tell you a few things that I did.

I'm using Bronya's kernel v3 and I had no issues with it.

After you install the OS, you HAVE to replace the kernel again in /Systems/Library/Kernels

Do you have CPUNullPowerManagement and FakeSMC kexts in your bootloader, cause I had them?

Edit: make sure that to have the "Kernels" folder with the capital "K" and "s" in the end and "kernel" kernel written all in lower case and without the "s".

Cause I've made this mistake one time.

I have no experience with AMD Hackintosh whatsoever and eHacker was the one who initially helped getting started with the usb installer. I created a folder called Kernels inside System/Library/Kernels with the amd kernel inside of it.  I believe I used the 10.10.5_SSEPlus_v2 kernel.

I've only used the kernel folder how I mentioned above so do I have to place the kernel inside the Clover/Kexts/10.10 folder as well? I'm a little lost as I'm not sure If I have to do both.  That's right after installation as I haven't even had the chance to setup the OS.

10.10.5_SSEPlus_v2 kernel is for older CPUs, including Phenom CPUs ..... for FX CPUs use Bronya's FX kernels.

• Like 1

Thank you spakk.. I will try later on tonight if time is on my side. 

Edit:

So I did a fresh install again by using the same boot args and everything went fine with installation. I attempted to boot the partition by using the same boot args and I keep getting the reboot. 

Edited by spakk

So I did a fresh install again by using the same boot args and everything went fine with installation. I attempted to boot the partition by using the same boot args and I keep getting the reboot.

follow this short guide, looking for the appropriate drivers and kernels. Sory, I was assuming that's only the FX CPU kernel suitable for your CPU. Accordingly, you can use my kernel plus the package from Duran.

follow these instructions so that you understand the entire of context. I can not remember all the details, so read., : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302075-amd-yosemite-kernel-testing-for-help-use-the-help-topic/page-85?p=2169188&do=findComment&comment=2169188

After countless hours of trials and error, I've finally got it to boot. I used chameleon bootloader in order to achieve that. After installation, I couldn't boot to the partition because I needed to copy the kernel from the boot drive to the OS partition again. Then I was able to boot with nv_disable=1 npci=0x3000 -v. Now my troubles are finding the audio and network kexts for my motherboard. What's the proper nvdia Web driver so I could get full qe/ce?

Edit:

I managed to install the Nvidia web driver for yosemite 10.10.5. I can't seem to get to the desktop and always get a black screen.  I have the web drivers as default driver for the OS and i make sure to boot with nvda_drv=1 and still no dice. What am i doing wrong?

Edited by spakk

it sometimes occurs, that after the installation of the webdrivers, the contents of the org.chameleon.boot.plist be completely overwritten.

check the content of your chameleon.boot.plist.

OK understood, but I had switched over to clover after I was able to boot back and forth to the partition. I wonder if chameleon has a conflict with clover that I don't know about. What should I be looking for specifically inside the boot.plist? Oh and by the way I was able to find the proper kext for the network and now I'm left with no sound still. I'd like to stay away from voodoohda if I could.

Edit:

I'm so lost and I can't seem to get the web drivers to work.  I tried with both clover and chameleon bootloader and still no go. I boot with bootargs nvda_drv=1 npci=0x3000 -v and still black screen.  I only get to desktop only if I use nv_disable=1. Any pointers?

Edited by spakk

I'm so lost and I can't seem to get the web drivers to work.  I tried with both clover and chameleon bootloader and still no go. I boot with bootargs nvda_drv=1 npci=0x3000 -v and still black screen.  I only get to desktop only if I use nv_disable=1. Any pointers?

1. Please edit your post, I have been repeatedly made for you, we are not in chat-room !!
2. write your hardware spec. in your signature!!
3.uploaded your Extra folder, as well as a raw dsdt (unpatched) then we will see what we can do.

• 11 months later...

I apologize spakk, I got the gist of things in the forum now.  I wasn't as active in the forum since last post because I deviated myself from that rig. I haven't part ways it and I will be trying out Sierra for the time being with Shane's kernel for Sierra.