What do you need to be in the staff?

6 posts in this topic

I was wondering, what makes the chiefs of the forum choose someone to become part of the crew.. I suppose there are certain requisites to appeal the Boss! :P

I suppose you also have many categories of work in the forum, not everybody does everything.. So I am wondering if you can give a lot of information about that :D

In short: moderators are generally nominated by other moderators (especially in the local forums), and then confirmed by a supervisor/admin if there is no opposition. Opposition would usually stem from past warnings, behaviour, and interactions with existing staff which cast doubt on your ability to positively influence and represent the site.

If you are positively contributing and the quality of your posts is high enough, then you're more likely to get a nomination. While the quantity of posts does not directly influence our decisions - some of our best moderators have started with very low post counts - it does help if you appear at least somewhat active and won't disappear the day after we appoint you.

The only position that we would usually take applications for is News, and we'd like to see an example piece. This isn't absolutely fixed if there is an obvious gap somewhere else in the staff you can convince us you're right to fill, but it is less likely.

For other positions... admin/supervisor/tech are all appointed as needed based on your proven initiative/contributions to the site.

• Like 9

In short: moderators are generally nominated by other moderators (especially in the local forums), and then confirmed by a supervisor/admin if there is no opposition. Opposition would usually stem from past warnings, behaviour, and interactions with existing staff which cast doubt on your ability to positively influence and represent the site.

If you are positively contributing and the quality of your posts is high enough, then you're more likely to get a nomination. While the quantity of posts does not directly influence our decisions - some of our best moderators have started with very low post counts - it does help if you appear at least somewhat active and won't disappear the day after we appoint you.

The only position that we would usually take applications for is News, and we'd like to see an example piece. This isn't absolutely fixed if there is an obvious gap somewhere else in the staff you can convince us you're right to fill, but it is less likely.

For other positions... admin/supervisor/tech are all appointed as needed based on your proven initiative/contributions to the site.

So.. loyalty and quality over quantity! That's the nicest mindset for a forum like this :D Thanks for your answer!

I know I will notbe good for News team, but I will keep trying my best in Technical Support, cause that's what I am most comfortable at, and I love helping others. I like to give back to a community that is so generous with its members, and is so open minded. My kind of place  :thumbsup_anim:

When Poco says Tech Team, he means those who take care of things behind the scenes on the forum.

WebMaster's things like: PHP, Javascript, HTML and now C/C++ coding for Chat, a big part of Forum database you know?....

:)

When Poco says Tech Team, he means those who take care of things behind the scenes on the forum.

Like PHP, Javascript, HTML and now C/C++ coding for Chat, a big part of Forum database you know?....

Ohh well, I'm no web designer or web programmer. But I know my fair share about Operating Systems, kernels, All things related to Unix...

I'm more of a "help me with this" kind of guy.. I think the only thing I could give back to this great team would be User Support, Guide writing, procedure explaining, that kind of thing..

I dont mind if there is no place for me in the team. I am here to help all I can to everyone. that is my only goal.

• Like 1