Fail to wake from sleep, but ONLY when using Displayport

doctormac

1 post in this topic

So this is a little weird to me, but maybe it makes total sense to someone else. I got my hack running on a Gigabyte Z97X-SOC board, 4790K i7, and a Strix 750Ti card with latest Nvidia web drivers. All was working well using HDMI to a 4K monitor. I had darkwake=8. 

I switched to Displayport, and now my sleep is totally broken. Goes to sleep, but upon pressing a key on the keyboard the system reboots. No kernel panic visible, just restarts. And then when it is trying to restart, it can't. The PSU clicks, the DVD drive spins, and then it just cycles like that until I turn it off at the power supply. I can get it to boot by unplugging the DP cable and switching back to HDMI, or by just letting it sit off for awhile and then it will eventually boot on DP. 

The sounds it makes when trying to restart are the same it made when I first put it together and forgot to plug in the 12v ATX cables to supply power to the CPU. So I thought it might somehow be an issue of not getting sufficient power to the 750Ti (why that would be the case on DP but not HDMI I'm not sure). Since this board has a supplemental power supply for the PCI slots I plugged that in (though you're really only supposed to need it with 2+ video cards) but it has not changed anything.

I have searched and found plenty of people with sleep problems, but have yet to see anyone that it is somehow specific to using the displayport. Any advice or troubleshooting most welcome.