cannot get onboard sound from ga-x99-ud4 - alc1150

grandosegood

5 posts in this topic

before i can get to hdmi audio, i have to get onboard working first.

i tried using the patched applehda and hdaenabler that the new applehda patcher 1.1 create, it shows me four inputs in the system preferences menu (internal speakers, two line outs, and a digital/spdif out.) none of these outputs produce sound.

i also tried with the dummyhda and the config.plist, but i think this method requires me to have a DSDT.

ideally, i'd like onboard audio working with the native applehda ( i backed it up) but would go with anything that gets it working. am i missing an SSDT for this sound/board? running latest beta bios btw.

which bootloader you use? if you are using clover, then follow these instructions from Toleda, read the fourth message from above: https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC/issues/29

....but that does not mean, that the appleHda patcher is not suitable!

i use clover with no DSDT, only the SSDT provided by rampagedev's x99 guide.

so you'r saying that with a vanilla kext, i just need to make these changes:

1 Hi Def device-id; see config-audio_cloverALC-x99.plist (in Repo),/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/x99 ALC Onboard Audio.

2. dsdt fix; see config-audio_cloverALC-x99.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/ALZA to HDEF. All other messages are non audio kext problems; suggest resolving before attempting audio.

but i do not use a DSDT. according to one thread, the fix seemed to be usage of the audio kext from 10.9.5 plus an SSDT created by toleda and the x99 script. is this still working?

update: apparently it works with my receiver which uses optical audio, but not my older tv. for now, i guess its hit or miss until toleda adds more support n his upcoming patch, as x99 is currently not supported by some of his patches.

using rampagedev's ssdt for my motherboard and graphics card combo (ga-x99-ud4 and vega gtx 980) along with the 'debug applehda' provided by his x99 dmg gave me back speaker and mic ports.