Yosemite very laggy on my desktop

SAMEH209

5 posts in this topic

Hello there,
I've successfully installed Yosemite on my PC and everything is working fine except the system is very laggy (almost unusable)
My specs are:
CPU: Intel Core2Duo E7500 2.93GHZ
GPU: AMD 5570 1GB

Ram: 4GB

M.B: Gigabyte G41-MT-S2P
What could possibly be causing the problem? Or is my system just not strong enough? Should I try El Capitan or would it naturally require more power than Yosemite?

Hello there,

I've successfully installed Yosemite on my PC and everything is working fine except the system is very laggy (almost unusable)

My specs are:

CPU: Intel Core2Duo E7500 2.93GHZ

GPU: AMD 5570 1GB

Ram: 4GB

M.B: Gigabyte G41-MT-S2P

What could possibly be causing the problem? Or is my system just not strong enough? Should I try El Capitan or would it naturally require more power than Yosemite?

more info?video work?speedstep? :hysterical:

2 possible issues, which may even be combined:

1) no CPU speed/power management due to non-tuned settings or disabling (through NullCPUPowerManagement); you can look up for Intel CPU SpeedStep on the Net.

2) more likely cause: no graphics acceleration because your graphics card is unsupported or system needs tuning to support it; you can search this forum (and the Net) to find solutions. You'll find several existing posts related to that card.

1)How do I check if CPU management is working?

2)I'm using InjectATI in Clover. How do I check if graphics acceleration is enabled?

Use HWMonitor app (comes with FakeSMC package, look up Kozlek's recent versions) for CPU monitoring.

For graphics acceleration, ou can clic on LaunchPad icon in the Dock ans see how smooth it opens and closes. In the same respect, you can play with Ctrl-UP/Ctrl-Down and display movements should remain fully smooth. If you have a DVD drive, a great tool is DVDPlayer app and it's 'Show supported Features' option in its help menu. Everything should show enabled in graphics acceleration, whilst the app won't even open without it and return an error message.

LaunchPad and Mission Control are working very smoothly. Will check HWMonitor out.