New mobo, failed at the first hurdle

bobble999

9 posts in this topic

I feel like a full on noob posting here, but what the hell?...

Just bought a new mobo to replace the useless asrock (gigabyte z97p-d3) and I've falls at the first step.

Went through the bios settings - although couldn't see Hpet64 anywhere?

Here's the KP screenshot - I'm sure I'm missing something obvious. Specs are as my dog apart from the mobo listed above.

Could anyone point out the obvious for me please?

post-621537-14547096406786_thumb.jpg

Allan - he can use the same HDD; however, he WILL have to reinstall everything from scratch.

I have a similar-but-different problem - in my case, I replaced motherboard, CPU, and memory (and went from traditional BIOS to UEFI) and promptly ran into a conflict between MSI ClickBIOS and Clover.

The somewhat surprising thing is that I have both Windows 10 (the latest Insider build) and SteamOS installed (Windows 10 on a GPT-formatted drive, which is the default for UEFI, and SteamOS on the auto-partitioned default for UEFI and Steam Machines).  The issue is specifically (so far) with Clover - and is driving me buggy.

I may have to use a USB image formatted to use Chameleon (either Chameleon as the only option or as the default with a Clover option) simply to get around the Clover issues.

Erm, absolutely not.

As it happens, I'm using Chris111's loader as a clean install - which I've successfully used before

And the countless clover and chameleon builds over the last 7 years - which is why I'm kicking myself as I know I must be missing something obvious

Allan - he can use the same HDD; however, he WILL have to reinstall everything from scratch.

I know that he can use the same HDD drive @PGHammer, i mean that if he use the same OS X install, maybe this can be a problem for him.  :yes:

In Hack scene, is not plug-and-play.

Same CPU i5 Haswell ? 

You know what ! I dont like the Z97 board  :no:

I find that the bios is cheap interface  :blush: thats my opinion  :P

I've test couple GA Z97 and I return all board to the shop :hysterical:

Hi bobble999

Under Clover boot options, uncheck all the "+" fields under dsdt, so basically no dsdt fixes and it will boot

Perfect - will give that a shot. Thanks

Same CPU i5 Haswell ?

You know what ! I dont like the Z97 board :no:

I find that the bios is cheap interface :blush: thats my opinion :P

I've test couple GA Z97 and I return all board to the shop :hysterical:

I went cheap and got an i3, and thanks for the tip - wish I'd known before....

Hit the buffers with this DSMOS error now, or rather just after this a brief message about sound assertion and then it resets....

Scratch that - added nv_enabler=1 and we're off and installing

:)