Mac OS X El Capitan installed on Dell Inspiron 15R SE, can't boot for setup.

DedSecz

2 posts in this topic

Greetings people of InsanelyMac!

I have managed to successfully install EC, but I cannot boot it up and finish installation (account creation etc.). There must be a way to fix this problem. I erased my disk and made it a GPT, because it is better. The flags I used during installation were GraphicsEnabler=No, IGPEnabler=Yes, IGPlatformID=01660004. I tried to use the same flags for booting with no luck. I did a -v run and these are the results (Warning! Large Image!): http://i.imgur.com/FWaZAXJ.jpg

I tried -x as well. I managed to reach +- 60% of the progress bar but then my laptop rebooted and got back to bootloader. I am sure there is a solution because people have managed to install Mac on my laptop model before (their tutorials are incomplete, I did search for solutions in video comments) and because I managed to install the OS, there must be a way to boot it up.

I will deeply appreciate everyone's help. Thank you for your time! If you need further info, do not hesitate to comment!!

IGPEnabler and IGPlatformID are not supported by Chameleon, Enoch nor Clover, are used by Chimera only (a bad copy of what was done originally firstly in Enoch), also Chimera can't boot El Capitan as I know.

If you are using Enoch you have to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes and InjectIntel-ig=04006601. But your problem is not that. You have to install NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to avoid your kernel panic