Airdrop - iOS devices won't see mac, worked previously - 10.11.3

KyleGP

6 posts in this topic

I have a problem with Airdrop in 10.11.3

I have the Broadcom BCM94360CD in my hack (which I believe is the card used in the official iMac) and everything works except my iOS devices just will not see the computer in Airdrop. It worked previously for me in 10.11.1 and I think 10.11.2.

I have Airdrop set to "everyone" in Finder, I've tried toggling and restarting both devices, I've tried removing plists related to bluetooth then restarting. I've tried restoring iOS fresh. Nothing works.

Airdrop from my iOS device finds real macs just fine.

Airdrop Hackintosh to Hackintosh/Real Mac works fine.

It's just the iOS devices won't see the Hack and vise versa.

Running iOS 9.2.1

So what did Apple change here?!

What else can I try? Airdrop and handoff says its supported in system report and the card is working normally for Wifi but Airdrop just seems to be an issue with Hackintosh now.

• 1 month later...

I have nearly the same issue.

Airdrop is not working but Handoff and Continuity is working. I'm not sure why Airdrop is not working between iOS and my Hackintosh.

My Hack (iMac 14,1) is running on El Capitan 10.11.4 and my iOS device (iPhone 6) is running on 9.3.

Bluetooth and WiFi is ON on both devices. Both are logged on the same WiFi. Airdrop on both devices is configured to see "everyone".

Airdrop between iOS devices (iPhone 5S and 6 or iPad) is working, but no one of this device can see my Hackintosh in Airdrop.

Any Idea?

post-800043-0-74013400-1458773878.png

post-800043-0-73351200-1458774082_thumb.png

post-800043-0-29207600-1458774390_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have noticed that whenever I try to send/receive something with airdrop, there is a repeating error in console: airportd[64]: SecTaskLoadEntitlements failed error=22. This happened after I tried a "solution" which involved deleting my contact from the contacts app, as well as unlinking my Apple ID from the users menu in system preferences.

• 3 weeks later...

I have probably found a somewhat solution to our problems. I replaced the IO80211Family.kext with the one from Yosemite and deleted the following from the Library/Preferences/System Configuration: com.apple.airport.preferences.plist com.apple.network.identification.plist NetworkInterfaces.plist preferences.plist

After a restart AirDrop started working again, though at very slow speeds. Hoping that someone finds a proper fix for this

• Like 1