Asus G752 El Capitan, Stuck on boot

ylair

3 posts in this topic

Im stuck at what appears to be a waiting on root device panic. The verbose log all of sudden stops and then the screen scrambles after a few seconds, but if you look at the bottom, waiting on root device seems to appear after the scramble. It boots to that point and then stalls and gives a prohibitory sign. I have loaded the USBInjectAll.kext, GenericUSB, and multiple others with no success. Also, included the replacement for EHC through clover in my DSDT. However, I can only access the OS, by pulling the SSD it is on and placing it in a mac, then mounting it as an external. Is there any other way to get a DSDT through the windows laptop if I cant even load into the MAC OS? If not, then I assume my patched dsdt is flawed to begin with because its not being used with the non macbook pro hardware. Ive been at this for days and cant get past the USB panic. My current clover folder is here (https://www.dropbox....CLOVER.zip?dl=0)

I was able to get to the mac os x install for el capitan using this clover folder (https://www.dropbox....nstall.zip?dl=0), but its worth noting that my SATA SSD does not show up there, so I ended up installing 10.11.3 by moving the SSD to the macbook pro and loading it as an external. 

This is the model computer/hardware (http://www.amazon.co...ailpage_o02_s00). I previously was successful in installing 10.10 on a G751, but it would be great if I could succeed on the 752 generation with skylake.

Any information that might point me in the right direction would be appreciated. Also, it would be great if someone could consolidate all the information in this forum into one set of directions as it seems things have changed since the initial post in 10.11 resulting in a lot to sift through to just even test solutions. Thanks.

post-1586929-0-91449200-1454269698_thumb.jpg

post-1586929-0-40143800-1454269700_thumb.jpg

First thing you should do is use Clover. In your config plist you should include Kernel PM patch, so as to avoid that kernel panic. You wont be needing any NullCPU kext or anything that old. 

After that, best thing to do is use a Broadwell compatible SMBIOS in your config plist

Also make sure that you have disabled your NVIDIA card using the nv_disable=1 bootflag as well as dart=0

Also check for Inject Intel, and use a corresponding FakeID and ig-platform-id , depending if you have HD5500 or a different one.

Make sure you enabled the option to inject kexts, and that all the custom kexts you wanna install are in the folder /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

Delete the version specific folders and put all your kexts in the folder Other (kexts like FakeSMC and FakePCIID which you will be needing to boot)

Then you will be able to boot to the Mac OS X installer.

For best results, dump the original APCI files of your ASUS at Clover screen, by pressing F4.

then disable your discrete graphics, and apply your patches, to fix USB, sleep, power management, brightness, lid open and close etc.

Hackintosh on laptops works good only if you patch your orginal ACPI tables to work with Mac OSX

If you have any doubt I'd love to be of help

• 2 months later...

As you can see from my Clover folder, I had tried many of those tips to no success. At one point I was able to access the installer but when it rebooted to install it never got back in. Instead I installed the OS externally through another computer and then put the hard drive back in so I could focus on getting it to login. Thats where I ended up at the above screen. I tried multiple boot flags, and SMBIOS recommendations with no success. I also tried to edit to the original DSDT and SSDT, but without knowing what was causing the kernel panic, there was not much I could think to try. The USB, sleep, power etc... are usually patches I would apply once I can actually get the system to boot up and login. Since I could not get past the kernel panic, I did not bother with those. Any additional tips, specific to this model and its hardware would be great. Let me know. Im currently rolled back to a g751 which works great, but I want to get the g752 going since it has usb C and the capability for more ram.