OSX 10.4.1 updated to what?

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys.I have already installed OSX 10.4.1 on my laptop and everything i need works just fine,but i have a small problem.Certain applications wont even install and among them is Front Row which i would really like to give it a try.So i decided to upgrade to 10.4.8 which i think has iFront Row preinstalled.The installation procedure was going well until it stuck completeley and the osx partitiion wont boot anymore.Do u have any ideas on how to install Front Row on OSX 10.4.1 or how to successfullu update from 10.4.1 to 10.4.8?I am thinking,would it be better to copy the update 10.4.8 patch folder into the installation DVD and trying installing it from there?If yes in which location should i put the update folder in the dvd?Thanks

laptop specifications:HP Pavilion.Intel Centrino 1.6Ghz,512mB RAm,Intel i915GM.

10.4.1 is old and busted. Apple made major changes to OSX starting with 10.4.3 and as a result, most current Intel OSX apps will not run on 10.4.1.

You cannot update 10.4.1 to 10.4.7 or 10.4.8 with combo updaters. You must have at least 10.4.4 to update using the combo updaters. 10.4.1 is just that different.