Toshicba laptop i3 330m - No

angelol

4 posts in this topic

Hello guys.

I have a toshiba satellite c650-17v laptop that has an i3 330m (an aftermarket addition, since it came with P6000 which is similar to the first gen i3 but underclocked and with less features.)
I have successfully installed El Capitan v 10.11.3 on it. I've used giorfrida's patch utility to patch my AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext but I can't seem to get fully to work. VendorID is 8086 and DeviceID is 0046. Because the screen is broken I've connected an external tv screen and I only got CI, not QE.

Have you determined what display connector your computer uses? If it uses eDP, you're out of luck, but if you use LVDS, QE/CI can work. My Lenovo G560 uses the LVDS connector, so I get full resolution and Quartz Extreme support. You can find it out here.  Also be sure to try the kexts that they patched. I use these with my Lenovo and the Integrated GPU works fine (although, VGA out is patchy. They said it works great in clamshell mode, however).

Hope I could help,

- Matt

• Like 2

Sadly it,must be a hardware issue. The story goes like this:

I drop the laptop down and the screen broke, along with some unimportant plastic. Now, I don't have any problem gluing the plastic together or replacing any cable in there. I've ordered a new screen, a new lvds connector cable, because I wasn't sure that the screen was the only broken thing.

Turns out,I need a new motherboard. My original thought was to use it as an entry type mac mini, without a built in screen. Probably, the hypothetical built-in display works great. Of that I'm sure now. :P
 will try to reassembly it back together so I can close the lid and see if the vga gets QE..

Just to be sure, what should i inject through clover if i've used the patcher utility? I'm injecting my card through dsdt and clover with fakeid.