Problem with Intel HD 4600 iGPU

Nicholas254

9 posts in this topic

Okay, I've been struggling with this for a while now, so I decided to post here.  My Nvidia GTX 770 died a month or 2 ago so I removed it and I've been using the iGPU in my Intel i7 4790K CPU.  My motherboard is a ASUS Z97-P (Here are the specs) I use a VGA cable to connect to my LG 1080p monitor.  With OS X, I can't get the Intel HD 4600 graphics to work right. When I click the Launchpad everything there stutters and glitches. Hovering over tabs in Safari causes graphics glitches.

Here is what System Information shows: 

post-1510193-0-28951900-1454125268_thumb.png

Oh, PS: I use Clover, and I have "Inject Intel" on by default in the config.plst, and OS X won't boot like that. I have to go into clover options and uncheck that for it to boot.  Here is my config.plst file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkzmly9vqtwijal/config.plist?dl=0&s=sl

I will really appreciate any help. 

post-1510193-0-28951900-1454125268_thumb.png

HD4600 in OS X doesn't support VGA port, so you better use DVI/HDMI/DP

Well.. it worked. I can't believe such a simple thing caused me so much trouble. It kinda sucks though, cause that means I won't be able to use Dual monitors, since I have one VGA port and one HDMI, and the VGA isn't supported :( Thanks.

I believe HD4600 should support VGA coz my integrated HD4400 does.

All I had to use is:  FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kex from Rehabman github and inject 0x0416 in Clover config.plist 

Good luck

I believe HD4600 should support VGA coz my integrated HD4400 does.

All I had to use is:  FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kex from Rehabman github and inject 0x0416 in Clover config.plist 

Good luck

Your laptop ? This is a desktop we are talking about here. Also, do you have proof you have fully working VGA port in your laptop ( e.g full resolution, full acceleration )

Your laptop ? This is a desktop we are talking about here. Also, do you have proof you have fully working VGA port in your laptop ( e.g full resolution, full acceleration )

Not sure if that makes a difference, but the answer is yes I have a full QE/CI up to max resolution supported by both built-in and external displays.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...