We're you successful with cloning to an sad? I am trying to do the same and have tried a few of the tutorials with no luck. If so could you share your process?
1. Connect SSD to computer via either onboard or in external enclosure.
2. Boot into your OSX install.
3. Open Disk Utility in the Application -> Utilities folder.
4. Select new SSD on left choose Partition Tab on Right select your partition scheme making sure to click Options button on bottom of its section to select GUID if not already chosen. HFS+ case insensitive for the file system selected and name your drive as you wish it to be hit Apply.
5. Open Carbon Copy Cloner select your current install as source new SSD as destination with copy all files traditional clone if using newer version hit Clone button to have it done. Can also be done from Recovery HD using Disk Utility in its Restore tab selecting existing install as the source new SSD as destination then hit Apply, you can combine step 4 with this for new drive thus skipping the need for the Carbon Copy Cloner usage.
6. Install your current boot loader onto the SSD if you wish it to be standalone bootable drive in the system otherwise use your current bootloader.
7. Reboot selecting the new SSD as the source to boot from at your boot loader screen to confirm the cloning worked.
If using external enclosure and having installed the boot loader to it then you can remove the old drive and put new SSD in its place to boot from. Although better off keeping old drive to have working clone to be able to test upgrades before applying to main SSD install.